Fastest way to stack stricken with GoD DH?

Huh ? Whats wrong with that?

Both are fruit, both are basically just unborn children of plants, both are eatable, both are healthy , both already have clever designed packaging , both are used to make juice , both contain vitamin c…

just kidding.

Ok so snapshotting stricken no longer works. thx 4 the link, i couldnt find any info on that

If I ask you to swallow a grape whole, you’ll manage.
Now try that with a pineapple.
:wink:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzGIztZXEAAGEhL.jpg

easy. Still dont see your point

the best way to stack stricken; hit hit as fast as you can, hit hit as often as you can, remember that stricken has an internal cd os doesnt matter if u hit him with severals skills at the same time, you only will get 1 stack per hit not per skills

I finally got around to doing a little bit of testing on stacking Stricken with GoD. Here are a few things I observed:

• A single shot of HA can apply multiple stacks of Stricken, one for each pierce.

• Just standing and shooting HA manually gets stacks a bit slower than Strafe weaving. For me, it was 1 stack roughly every 22 frames, compared to 1 every 18-20 frames when weaving.

• Extra bonus move speed does seem to speed up your stacking a little bit. I observed this both when dual-wielding 1H xbows, and using a 2H xbow + quiver. The difference was not huge, though, so I don’t think there’s much sense in trying to load up on move speed just to get a few extra stacks.

• Dual wielding 1H xbows stacked Stricken considerably faster than using a 2H xbow + quiver. When dual wielding my stack rate was 1 every 18-20 frames, and with the 2H xbow it was 1 every 27-28 frames. A considerable difference.

My sheet aps dual wielding was 2.08 on both hands. Using the 2H xbow + quiver, it was 1.44.

I think the stacking rate roughly tracks the Strafe FPA that is shown on D3Planner, but divided by 3, since I think what is shown there is each shot from the “set” of 3 Strafe shots that occur with each button press. It seems that only one shot from each of these “sets” can stack Stricken.

So with the 2H Xbow + quiver at 1.44 aps, the D3Planner Strafe rate is every 10 Frames, but the Stricken rate on that would be every 30 Frames.

And with dual wielding 1H xbows at 2.08 aps, the D3Planner Strafe rate is every 7 Frames, but the Stricken rate would be every 21 Frames.

The difference between these figures and the ones I observed ( 27-28 vs 30 and 18-20 vs 21) is then probably from HA hits occurring between when the Stricken ICD elapses and when the next Strafe shot would hit.

4 Likes

The reason for this could be another one. But im not sure if you are willing to test again xD

When you used a 2H-Crossbow with a 10 Frame Strafe your Strafe and your internal CD of the GoD - Set (9 Frames ) where out of Sync.

This was shown by Dieoxyde, Iria i think and some other guys (sorry , forgot xD).

If they are out of sync you loose Hungering Arrows. So when using 2H-Weapons its really important to get to the 9FPS strafe-breakpoint.

When Dualwielding However…using a Vallas or the Rocketstorm rune, can solve most of the above issues and deliver a similar result as having the perfect BP.

This would match your findings that HA is the mainsource of triggering Stricken.

Also your finding that you stack faster with Dualwield makes sense.

I did quite a lot of reading meanwhile and it seems the Formula for the Internal Cooldown of Stricken is:

0.9 / Sheet - Attacks per Second leaving you with a way lower ICD on the DW weapons.

However the observed 1/3rd faster stricken stacking is Huge. In general 2H-Xbow should be the strongest option dmg-wise.

But for pushing the faster stackign with DW can neglect this probably then

But… that wasn’t my finding. My finding was that it mostly tracked the rate of Strafe.

Nope, that’s not it. The Stricken ICD was once based on your sheet APS, but it was later changed to reflect the heightened speed you have when using items that buff a certain skill, i.e. Hunter’s Wrath for DH Primaries, Fjord Cutter for Seismic Slam, etc.

The one I was using till fairly recently was 0.9 * FPA (Frames Per Animation) of the proccing attack. More recently still, JustinFan gave me a formula that indicates bonus movement speed can actually further reduce the cooldown, and I have noticed that with multiple different builds where I’ve tested Stricken, the stacking rate has exceeded what you’d expect to see from 0.9 * FPA.

I’ll try to do another test with 2H xbow and reach 9 frame.

EDIT:

Ok, with 2H xbow and quiver at 1.61 sheet aps, this gives a 9 frame Strafe. With this, my Stricken stacks were coming every 25-26 Frames.

So yeah: still seems like you acquire Stricken stacks at “the Strafe rate, plus a little”. And it doesn’t seem like optimization of the GoD cooldown really matters for stacking Stricken.

No , but for the amount of Hungering Arrows you shoot. And yeah i got you wrong above/wasnt concentrated. I did read " A single shot of HA can apply multiple stacks of Stricken, one for each pierce." and took it as this then might be a big factor in stacking stricken.

Interesting, i didnt know that.

When we talk about "0.9 * FPA (Frames Per Animation) ". Which animation to consider then for the formula? The one with the lowest FPA?

Well, Stricken isn’t “preferential” like that, it just bases its ICD off whatever you hit with first after each ICD has elapsed.

Like, imagine you had 2 skills, one of which was incredibly slow (animation takes 3600 frames / 60 seconds) and the other was incredibly fast (animation takes 1 frame / 1/60th of a second).

Now let’s say you hit an enemy with that super slow skill that takes a whole minute to animate. Well, now that enemy has 1 Stricken stack, and the ICD on Stricken is somewhere around 0.9 * 60 = 54 seconds.

Then, you start hitting the enemy with your super fast skill. In those 54 seconds, you could hit that enemy 3240 times with your fast skill, but in that time he will acquire 0 additional Stricken stacks, because the ICD would still be active. Only after those 54 seconds have passed would he be able to receive another Stricken stack, at which point the ICD will again be based on the FPA of the skill that activated Stricken and gave the stack.

1 Like

Mhh so this means that its actually better to strafe around at the bosswithout casting hungering arrows manually to stack momentum as those Manually casted hungering arrows have a 30 Frame BP with 2H?

so just whirl around the boss with 0 stacks for a while?

Haha, no, just do everything normally! Strafe weave like you would before.

But why? My strafe has a 9 Frames BP and my manually casted HA has 30 Frames BP.

So i could loose 2 potential stricken stacks for each manually casted HA then if it his the boss.

Well for one thing, your manual HA should certainly be faster than that due to Hunter’s Wrath. For another, you are going to be firing HA via Strafe anyway. So dropping all your momentum stacks really doesn’t help you.

Also, like I said, for the purposes of stacking Stricken, Strafe’s rate is actually *3, so 27 frames, not 9.

couldnt i tp to town…return and strafe without pressing ha? xD

I… don’t know if that would work to prevent HA from firing. But even if it did, it wouldn’t help you! If you’re just firing Strafe, then you’ll stack Stricken at that “Strafe * 3” rate, i.e. you’d get a stack maybe every 27 frames or so (3* whatever D3Planner shows as your Strafe hit rate, so 18, 21, 24, 27, etc)

But if you weave, you get stacks a little faster than that. Like I said, just playing “normally” is the best method.

I’m going to troll your thread like you did mine on PTR Feedback, except this time the advice will be sound:

The fastest way to stack stricken is to equip Yangs Recurve and the Multishot skill. There, we are even.

1 Like

Me? Trolling?

No way! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok the summary of this thread is:

The fastest way to stack stricken is not to think about how to stack stricken.

There is no simillar mechanic with the GoD Set that lets you stack stricken faster like the Frenzy - Barbs do it with WW.
Thx to everybody who participated with knowledge and testing.

So it is just Strafe and Pray

2 Likes