Farewell and Thank You

This is, undoubtedly, one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to write. Not gonna lie, it took me a few tries.

March 27, 2020 will be my final day as Diablo Community Manager, and at Blizzard Entertainment. I’m not leaving for any ill reasons; my team here has always been understanding and kind, every developer I’ve had the honor of interacting with has been delightfully passionate, and the decision to leave was ultimately mine alone. I have an opportunity to explore a new and very different adventure, and if you’re curious about that, I’ll share more about it on my personal channels. Sometimes, opportunity presents itself and you just gotta roll the dice.

What I want to focus on is expressing my gratitude to this community . For welcoming me when I stumbled in at the announcement of Reaper of Souls. For making me feel at home as I was trembling on livestream, fighting stage fright while introducing the expansion to the world. For all the smiles, high-fives, hugs, and selfies at conventions (especially BlizzCon). For the absolute conviction and passion for Sanctuary that I see in every player’s post, whether it’s excitement over the latest Season or constructive criticism for your favorite class. Regardless of highs and lows, this is one of the best communities out there, and the heart of it is warm, caring, and filled with people who just want more Diablo.

Thank you for permitting me to be a part of your community. Thank you for reading my weird blogs and tolerating my terrible puns and memes. And thank you for staying awhile to listen. I’ve had an incredible opportunity learn and grow as person that I’ll carry with me the rest of my life, and I can’t wait to delve the depths of the Burning Hells and face down the mother of Sanctuary alongside the rest of you.

Lastly, rest assured that the Diablo community will be left in good hands. I’ve spent a fair amount of my final weeks here preparing to pass the torch to those who will follow in my footsteps and working with the team here to ensure the transition is as smooth as possible. You won’t be left unheard or unacknowledged, but please be understanding while the next folks get settled in. We’re all here to battle the demons of Hell together, after all!

I’ll see you in Sanctuary, adventurers.

193 Likes

Best of luck to you Nevalistis, with whatever comes next, and thank you :heart:

14 Likes

Love you, Brandy!! We’ll miss you but wish you best moving forward!

13 Likes

Best of luck with all your endeavors - Support will be around whenever you need it :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Brandy, you will be SORELY missed.

And you will bring so much with you to your next adventure!

Thank you so, so, so much for these last years of dedication and thoughtfulness.

5 Likes

Best of luck to you. you will be sorely missed.

2 Likes

Thanks for all your work Brandy!

3 Likes

Thank you Brandy for everything you’ve done over the years for us Diablo nuts over here. We’ll miss you for sure. Best wishes and hope where ever you go you enjoy success and happyness. :purple_heart:

1 Like

Thank you for everything Brandy!

Best of fortune on your future endeavours :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you for all you have done for the game and the community that plays and enjoys it. I hope your next endeavor brings you as much success as this one has done.

Going to miss you here and in the community as CM. I’m sure you’ll still be in the at blizzcon walking around. Just don’t be a stranger. I’m sending you the biggest side crushing bear hug right now. We will miss you. Stay safe. Much love from here in Kansas.

HK

4 Likes

Even being prepared for this, I got hit hard in the feels.

Thank you for your passion, for pushing for player wants even when they (mgt) did not want to listen, for the bad jokes, for the support, feedback, and long explanations of things (even when I was being stubborn about Stash space).

Thank you for the tours, hugs, sushi lunch, Blizzcon memories, laughter, talks, and patience.

Thank you for being my friend Brandy. I am going to miss you terribly around here.

I am excited though for your new journey. You deserve to live your dreams and I feel like you just got your wings. You are going to do amazing things.

:heart: you.

P.S. Those pictures! I know almost everyone in them! Who is the person on the far left in the first pic? Blake/Tyvalir?

18 Likes

Thanks so much for all the hard work u have bring through all these years for diablo community! All the best brandy! You will be sorely missed!

1 Like

BOO! You stay here with us! pats (Good luck in everything you do and everywhere you go… which is hopefully just your living room or something right now…)

1 Like

Best of luck, and best of times to you. Sad to see you not be a part of the community anymore but excited for you in your new adventure. Somebody will take your place but you have left a mark here that will never be forgotten.

Bovie the Barbarian

1 Like

Thank you Brandy, enjoy your new adventure in the world of D&D :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

"All She Wrote"

Bye-bye baby bye-bye
And that was all she wrote

I got home late on a Saturday night
And I knew right away something wasn’t right
I knew she was gone
She took all I had, but left a hole in my heart
Should’ve known it’d go bad right from the start
What did I do wrong

I can’t understand why she would leave me this way
With nothing to say
Then I found the note on the door
It said good-bye and she don’t want me no more

Bye-bye baby, bye-bye she said in the letter
Guess this is good-bye, guess this is forever

I called on the phone but she wasn’t there
Should’ve known all along that she just didn’t care
Why did she have to go
Now I look at her picture and I wonder why
She left me this way - why did she say good-bye
I guess I’ll never know

I can’t understand why she would leave me this way
With nothing to say
I remember the note on the door
It said good-bye and she don’t want me no more

Bye-bye baby, bye-bye she said in the letter
Guess this is good-bye, guess this is forever

4 Likes

Hey Nevalistis,

I’ve been a D3 player for quite some time and not a huge outspoken person, but I have been extremely impressed with the work and effort done on Diablo 3 these past year/years. I appreciate the work you did. Having someone give information on the regular, even if it was to say no new information. You did a great job and again appreciate it. Good Luck on your next adventure.

2 Likes

You can still play the game and hang out with us. No need to say goodbye :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Nevalistis, for your efforts to make the Diablo and overall Blizzard community great. I also personally thank you for your continued support and encouragement in my efforts as a forum MVP in the Overwatch community.

I wish you the best of luck in your future adventures.

5 Likes