Extremely long loading times and crashing after installing; also, screen blocking

Hello,

I kindly request your attention for these issues. They’re proper bugs, it’s not whining about “I’m not getting Ancient Legendaries”.

(1) I have recently reinstalled the game and I noticed it’s more “crashy” than usual, even for a recently installed game. I know that new software usually does take up more time to load, but my first two attempts at loading the game took almost half an hour each (no kidding - I went to have a snack and came back to find the game still loading), and the game simply hard crashed in the first attempt. In the second attempt, it finally “gave up” and had a “normal” crash (our old friend Error 1016).
In each of the following two or three attempts, the game took something like 10 minutes to load until it finally crashed (“Error 1016” again).
My computer is a pretty good one, and when I played the game before, it never took THAT long to load. Also, I do remember that Error 1016 was a frequent occurrence, but this time, it seems more related to the extremely long loading time than to “normal” issues. It’s also quite annoying that, while the game loads, it doesn’t allow me to do anything else with the computer.

(2) Another annoying thing I noticed, though not necessarily related, is how the game “captures” the screen completely while loading a proper game. When I alt+tab during the load screen, the game prevents the computer from switching tabs and justs pops up a new tip. It’s actually funny - you can scroll through dozens of different tips by just alt+tabbing.
I’m actually fine with long loading times. But I am NOT fine with a game that not only takes that long to load AND effectively locks the computer off. It’s not a proper crash, because the OS still works as usual - for instance: if there is music playing, it keeps on playing and I can still command it to pause, continue playing or switch tracks using my multimedia keyboard. D3 simply “captures” the screen while it loads a game. I’m pretty sure this is unintended, so I’m considering it a bug and reporting it as such.

In the end, I finally managed to play the game, but it took a grand total of some 5 to 6 failed attempts, and I can sort of ignore the “screen capture” because the game is no longer taking 10 minutes to crash (woops, I mean, to load).

Not sure about you, but I think that a game that takes that several, complicated attempts to load for the first time is not exactly conducive to getting old players excited to playing again (my case), much less to getting new players happy with the game. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

What you described seems a technical issue rather than bugs.
Hang, locked up and crash are usually related to conflict with other softwares, such as bad driver s/w, antivirus s/w, etc.
(FYI, although unrelated to this issue, the 1016 error you mentioned is a network issue, not a crash, technically speaking.)

The is a troubleshooting article for hang/crash:

I’d begin with updating drivers from the GPU/sound manufacturers and/or temporary disable antivirus software.

If you have any Razer product, please read the pinned topic Known Technical Support Issues - [Updated June 21, 2020!] - #5 on Tech. Support forum.

If you have difficulty to switch to other task using Alt+Tab, try using Win+Tab or changing the video setting to “Windowed (Fullscreen)” in D3.

If you need help troubleshooting, please post on Technical Support forum or input a ticket to contact support.

1 Like

I am experiencing the exact same issues. I have re-installed bnet and D3, updated my drivers, and the problems persists. It makes D3 unplayable for me.

Have you tried disabling Antivirus or add bnet and D3 folders to the exception (white) list?

If not working, contact support as mentioned above.

I’ll give it a try, but “disabling Antivirus” is NOT a solution.

Right, technically it is a “solution” in the sense that it can make the problem go away, but asking a user to turn off its antivirus is an admission of failure.

I can understand a game that has conflict of other pieces of running or even installed software, but a game can not, ever, require disabling the antivirus in order to work.

Anyway, thanks for the reply! I actually expected this thread to be forgotten, like “a snowflake melting in nothingness”. :snowflake:

The test is to isolate the problem. I wasn’t telling you to disable it permanently.

If disabling av works, that means av holding you back.

If it is the case, adding D3 to the whitelist is a solution. Some av even provide a Game Mode that disable itself while you are playing game. Think about why av provides these features

If you don’t feel secure, manually scan virus every time D3 gets an update.

3 Likes

Hello,
Sorry, I think I was too rude in my previous post.
I did try running the game with the antivirus disabled a few times, both in single and in multiplayer, and I didn’t see any noticeable difference. I seemed to have a slightly lower loading time on multiplayer, but there was absolutely no difference in single player.

Now that I have ruled out the AV as a possible source of the problem, what should I do next? :frowning: