Extreme lag spikes on 4 player higher great rifts

Hi!
When me and my friend are trying to do a higher greater rift (140-150) with 2 more other players, all 4 of us are experiencing huge lagspikes that completly ruins our fun with the game!
I’m personally very dissapointed after grinding for weeks to be able to get to this level of the game just to stand still in the middle of the fight for long minutes.

1 Like

is it really a lag spike? as in, network lag? I ask because area damage lag becomes increasingly more apparent the higher you go, and if that’s the case you and your friends should pay mind to only have AD on your DPS character(s).

It’s a known issue which isn’t going to be fixed. The only possibility is to use workarounds. For example:

• Disable area damage from those players who don’t need it
  • Try playing such builds in multiplayer that lag a little less. It’s not always evident otherwise so you might need to investigate / test
  • Try having such team that lags less. For example 1 star pact wiz + 3 support characters lags much less than 2 comet wizards and 2 support characters
  • When it starts to lag, stop immediately shooting so much - it only makes lag worse
  • If you play in laggy team, be very careful not to pull too much mobs at one time
3 Likes