Experiencing random freezes

Hello.

Not really sure if I should call them freezes or stutters, but my game basically halts for about half a second and then resumes like nothing happened. It even seems like it might just be a visual bug, since my character is in a different spot when the game unfreezes.

Fullscreen or windowed makes no difference, I’ve made sure my game is using the correct refresh rate to match my monitor’s and I’m pretty sure my hardware is good enough to avoid stuttering (specs at the end in case I’m wrong). This only started happening recently, so I’m not sure if it’s because I reinstalled windows a couple of days ago or because I’ve started watching youtube on my second monitor while playing… maybe chrome’s lust for my ram is causing issues?

Would love to hear any ideas you guys might have. Thanks!

GTX 1060
ryzen 5 1600x stock
16 gigs 2400 mhz ram
and for what it’s worth- the game’s installed on my nvme, although that shouldn’t really matter

Hey there, antauri! It could be chrome and hardware acceleration. Try checking in the Chome settings for Hardware Acceleration. For the Blizzard App, it’s under Settings > General at the bottom.

if it continues, could you include a DxDiag file? Copy and paste the text file created and paste it between two ~~~ like so:

~~~
DxDiag Here
~~~

Thank you for the reply. I disabled hardware acceleration since it was on by default and it seemed to help for a little while, but then the stuttering came back.

I disabled windows game bar and I seem to be stutter-free, at least for the time being. Will update in the future, if this thread doesn’t get closed down, but for now I’d just like to warn whoever reads this- if you want to capture your gameplay, use shadowplay and not cheap knockoffs.

Good callout, antauri! Thanks for the update :slight_smile: