Experience pools RNG

Meta is meta for a reason. It’s all about min-maxing. Whenever they change anything, your favorite build may or may not make it. Meta players are kind of anal. I remember playing a PUR barb at the start of a season and accidently forgot to take area damage off of something and the dude rage quit after inspecting me. Stuff like that is a little off-putting, but once you get to know some people and add to your friends list stuff like that can be easily avoided.

Now this is someone with the right attitude. Just because you run into 1 or 2 Aholes move on and find a group a like minded people who are willing to work with you. In my group it is expected that we call people out if something is wrong. If someone has area damage you are gonna grt called on it real quick. We will rip the run and start over and go again and max sure you fix your buildt. It isn’t disrespectful at all. We are here to get fast clears nothing else.

Yeah, I really don’t see the point in playing D3 anything but solo. It’s not a game that lends itself to socialization, the only reason for group play would be efficiency, and that really isn’t worth the hassle.

2 Likes

I use to feel the same way. Tried to play ww zbarb for the longest time. Only to repeatedly get turned down or have to settle for low runs. Finally my clan leader worked with me for a few weeks and I became the clan main zbarb as an off meta build. But that was knowing I was always going to cost the group 2-3 minutes per run on average. That is just how much slower ww zbarb is. I excepted that and have never been happier. This season for the first time ever will not be playing barb. This has been the best season i have ever without playing the build I love most. Be open to try new things and it will surprise you. A little constructive criticism only hurts the closed minded.

There will always be meta. Infact its prolly intended that they want to keep some builds better than others. U cant balance a game fully making all builds equal. They could be closer to eachother but thats not always the best approach.

Why do 4 ppl get paid instead of sharing 1 salary when they work at the same company? They all doing the same job. Why would ppl be attracted to work on a company if it means u get less salary when more ppl get recruited? Its a multiplayer game and they want ppl to play together not force ppl to play solo for most efficience. This been discussed forever.

They are. Ppl doing higher GR when they in group compare to solo.

So u believe 1 = 4? Back to elementary school for u.

And u want advantage as a solo player with less effort. Why should solo players be as strong as 4 players combined? Power in numbers. Its natural.

Its social. U just dont like the social environment. U cant change how other ppl act and think. If u not good enough u step up your game to fit or u get kicked out. If u want to know more about this u can read Goffmans work.

“Should” because thats what u want? Srry the world doesnt adapt for u. U “should” accept reality if something. Ppl have their own reason to why they play in group and will not change because u want them to. Most ppl accept that combining the strength of several ppl is stronger than being solo.

When the advice is essentially “Play something you don’t find fun or you don’t get into groups” that doesn’t come across as being particularly constructive.

For me, when it comes down to a choice between…

1. Something that’s more effective, but less fun
  2. Something that’s more fun, but less effective

I’m always going to choose 2 and that’s why I don’t group up much at all in D3. My highest ever solo GR clearance is a GR135. I think the highest 4-man I’ve ever done is a GR120. I know I could do it if I wanted to, as I very briefly had a support Monk years ago. I played no more than half a dozen GRs with it before deciding it wasn’t for me, and I deleted it and salvaged the gear.

2 Likes

Clearly not the same way if you played a support build. I really don’t see the point of grouping up since the only upside is efficiency, and that comes with the major downside of being pigeonholed into playing something that’s not fun.

2 Likes

Yah sometimes that happens in life. We make choices that effect our happiness. Sometimes choosing happiness or fun has side effects. You guys have chosen fun
at the cost of efficiency. I find META fun. Not sure what the side effects are but
they apparently are not important just like efficiency for you guys. That’s ok

1 Like

Let’s just agree that there are different ways to play the game.
Solo (maybe apart from bounties) and meta group (combined with solo runs at a certain point)… and then something in between.

All (or both) ways of playing can be done successfully and satisfying.

So you’re saying you would play meta if you didn’t enjoy it?

Yes because my goal is lots of n paragon

I really don’t see the point in doing something unenjoyable in a game you play for the sole reason of enjoyment, but whatever floats your boat.

1 Like

It’s the same as fishing thousands of keys to find that rare map. No one enjoys that. The ones who choose to do it will find that rare map. I tend to be a mild fisher. 4-500 keys over the course of a week or two. That is very little compared to my pal Seras. But I accept that he will almost always be ahead of me because I choose to only spend 4-500. I don’t turn to the forum and post about how the only reason Seras beats me is because of rng. Thats only my fault. No one else’s.

I’d argue that the underlying fault is Blizzard making it so that less than 1 in 500 GRs are viable to be used for push attempts.

1 Like

ummm…that was an unexpected turn of events.

here’s a gold star mate.

was he a 5 year old having a tantrum? That seems the appropriate age group for many group players imho…at least the mental and emotional age group :wink:

Lovely. NOT. But hey, that’s the group mentality. Not my cuppa tea. Now if group players were actually nice and decent people, then perhaps.

Wholly agreed.

That is utter baloney. It seems group players seem to spout that nonsense to defend the “meta”. I ain’t buying it.

But those group players aren’t actually working harder. GR150/4 ≠ GR150 solo. I know which One is harder…

uh huh. So being an you know what hole is social. Right. I don’t think my psychologists would agree with you on that but hey…

Can you actually speak proper English?

Exactly.

“lots of paragon”. it’s the only way some players can actually rank on the LBs.

That’s another thing I’d like to see changed. Fishing is NOT skilful. It’s people who have way too much free time on their hands, probably bludging on welfare or parents so they can play full time. Some of us actually have a life and also need to work to put food on the table. But, I digress.

2 Likes

It’s just your assumption that group players are not nice and decent, most people i come across in groups are nice and decent, just like in life there will always be an occasional you know what hole.

Wow, grammar police much? And i thought the meta players were you know what hole’s?

So you refuse to play the meta, yet you keep whining about the meta and meta players as if you know all about it. If you dont like the meta or the players, dont play it, play solo and enjoy yourself doing that.

The only way you can rank on the LB is because you only play impale on hc on a console.

So everything you dont have is unfair. Then maybe Diablo is not the game for you, as it will always favor the people who put in more time, as they will have more para, better gear, and more knowledge.

You can’t say that. Everyone has the same drop rates here buddy. Has nothing to do with how long you play. Stop making the game sound worse than it already does. Also stop moaning about 150’s and get some fresh air!

I’m on the PC EU leaderboards with a GR135 solo with a softcore Arachyr WD.
Not everyone that avoids the META does so because they’re bad at the game.

My response was directed at him saying some people can only rk on LB because of para. I wasnt refering to META, i didnt mention META in that response. I also didnt mention “bad at the game”. He has said multiple times he wants para removed, apparantly because he doesnt have the time to put in, he finds it unfair that other people do have time.
You saying you have ranked with arachyr solo is comparing apples with oranges. He plays on console (less players there) he plays hc (less players there) he plays dh (less competition this seas because monks), he plays a subclass impale (less competition because most play maurauder atm). So in essence he competes in a niche within a niche within a niche within a niche. For example if i were to compete on pc on hc crusader roland set, i would only need to finish a gr1 to get rk 137, because the leaderboard hasnt even been filled out to 1000.
Its funny how this thread started as a sensless rant about rng on pools and evolved into sensless rant about meta, group play, para, people who have time to play, blizzard not balancing right etc.

mmmm so if i play 10h/d i get the same amount of drops as someone who plays 1 h/d? Dont think it works that way tho.

Dont think i mentioned 150’s at all, maybe you confuse me with other Chris.

Obviously if you play longer in one day you will get more drops. But everyone gets the same amount just not the same day in this case. I aimed the 150 bit at everyone talking about it.