Executioner and Messerschimidt

Ok, I’ll try to be constructive here. Are you guys serious about this?

Messerschmidt’s Reaver

• New Legendary Power: Reduce the remaining cooldown of one of your skills by 1 second when you slay an enemy.

The Executioner

• New Legendary Power: Attacks will slay enemies with less than (5-10%) health.

Come on, Devs, you can do better than that! You guys have an excellent opportunity of adding some relevant, build changing legendary powers, but you guys insist in adding some random useless leg. Power that no one will use? Might aswell leave it untouched. Seriously, consider adding some interesting mechanics such as:

• Rend % increased damage and Whirlwind fury spent refunded when hitting bleeding enemies (2h Wastes enabled)

• Seismic Slam % increased damage against enemies standing in a Earthquake. ( New Phys MotE variant)

Give us meaningful legendaries powers, that even though it might not shake current meta, it will still add some viable and fun variants to our major builds.

Hope you guys reconsider this!

This is a speed farm item far superior than in-geom imo. if u have a condemn sader and want to lvl gems quickly i suggest equiping this item to keep up law of hope (wings of angel) as well as iron skin (speed boost rune)

As a Pestilence Necro reliant on Land of the Dead to stack bone spears when I start a rift or die in one, Messerschmidt’s Reaver power is a nice cooldown reduction… I just need it on an offhand phylactery, not on a two handed axe that auto comes with fire damage that necros don’t use.

If I equip the weapon I lose my corroded fang curse bonus and bonus from offhanded class equipment. If I use the cube slot I lose a bone spear cost reduction and damage increase. It’s a lose lose - as is I’d like to have it but can’t.

I do not wish to ignore other classes on this, it just seems to me that big axes fits better with the barbarian class, that’s why I think they should add class specific legendary powers that would further improve our core set builds.

1 Like

Makes sense - some of the effects that would be helpful are on weapons and items widely different classes could never use.

Or… Have the affix float, like a gem slot or an attribute that can be added? Or a Kanai cube power for items? Even if they wanted to restrict it, make it something you could only do once. Anything to open up more affixes to more classes and builds.

I think the direction of these items in this patch was not meant to be class specific. They wanted to provide legendaries that could be used by multiple classes. That’s why you’re seeing more generic abilities rather than abilities specific to the barb, or any other class for that matter.

That’s a shame, to say at least, but -------- this game is what? 7 years now? It already done it job, I guess. I’m not hoping they will attend this request, yet I have to acknowledge they did good things in a recent past.