Ethereals, Souls Shards, what's next

I was going to touch on the same thing. All seasons give some extra power over non-seasonal but the last two have been huge. People don’t like power being taken away (which is a big reason behind powercreep in all games) so no matter what many people won’t be all that happy with the next one. Unless they keep all seasonal themes super strong, which I don’t think is the best choice. Next season will have to be real interesting to reduce the effect of power reduction, or if they want to tone it down it should be gradual.

I think doing two seasons with previously unheard of levels of added power in a row was a mistake.

1 Like

Sockets in the Cube. Call it “Squaring the Circle.”

You get one weapon socket for the weapon slot, 3 for armor, and one jewelry - this allows the cubing of, say, a Flawless Emerald, 3 Flawless Diamonds/Rubies (or mainstat if used), and a free Legendary Gem of choice - its level set to X when Cubed (thinking 50) - and cannot be upgraded.

That could work imo.
After all, last season’s theme were Ethereal weapons, which have connections to the history of Sanctuary and humans. This season’s theme the soul shards which are fragments of the black soulstone that contain some of the essences of the great evils of Hell. So it could very well be possible that the next seasonal theme to have something to do with the High Heavens, or more specifically the Angiris Council themselves.

It’s possible for some armor themed items for example:

• Heart of Valor (Imperius themed chest armor)
  • Wisdom’s Sight (Malthael themed helmet)
  • Hands of Hope (Auriel themed gloves)
  • Strides of Fate (Itherael themed boots)
  • Shoulders of Justice (Tyrael themed shoulders)

As for what they could do, I’ll let the developers handle that one if the idea ever comes to pass.

Might skip it & play D2R. So many interesting changes… Then again if the season theme is awesome maybe not.

Or you can play D2R one day, and play D3 the next day. Like I do it, but I swich when I get bored whit one or the other. :blush:

I rather have one helmet gem instead of three armor.

OK, then base it on the armor type Cubed - so if you put a helm, you get 1; if you put an armor, you get 3 and if you use something else… like a belt or boots, you get, umm, nothing.

Seems a tad unfair though. Helmet gems is the most “dynamic” Imo, chest is just toughness or toughness/damage. CDR or RCR lets you play around a little.

1 Like

Forcing its effect to be helm only is limiting, but I suppose not so bad.

Doesn’t matter as its just a Kanaisturbation.

Charms would be easy. Have them drop, and have them put into a slot not unlike the potion slot we have now. You can only have one of each, S/M/L, and each one has it’s own type of stats. Grand charms would be damage stats, medium would be effects, and small would be, I dunno, helpful for farming or something. Would drop like the soul stones do now, with variable stats.

S26 Season of Trasmogs (Halo/Age of Empires/Banjo Kazooie)

That means change of user interface just for a season. The result content will not worth it unless they intend to add it to the main game.

I want Vorpal sockets in armor!

Each Vorpal socket takes 6 gems, and the combinations give different effects. Only 1 Vorpal socket per item.

So. Can add large chunks of a stat, like fire%, rcr, etc… 3 ruby + 3 emerald = 100 CHD or 1 diamond + 5 amethyst = 100% lighting damage…

and don’t forget about gold find. That is the only gem I run in my hat when running rifts/bounties.

So, just like when they added a 4th Cube slot for a season?

Oh well… You got me. Kanai’s cube already exists though, but a Talisman require a new interface to be carried with the player sheet. Perhaps they can implement the Talisman into the Kanai’s Cube but it really do require some intricate design for a good balance in a wide variety of charms and runes at different grades. Else they have to limit the loot table smaller and each piece wouldn’t be any different than Soul Shards in terms of power. To add, embedding it into the Kanai’s Cube would force player to do town visits much more often if loot type for that slot is common; no matter the amount of slots available on it.

It’d be nice, for a season, that every item emanates. Everything.

I think they blew that whit Patterns of Justice set.

Not really imo. The items would just be their own rarities that happen to share some similarities. Similar to how we had some ethereals that shared the same name as some legendary items (like Wizardspike for example).

1 Like

Ok that seems reasonable.

1 Like