Ethereal season 2

etheral has been the most fun of all the seasons so why not just have a second season with different weapons as ethereal all classes have the weapons that can be changed to that stattus

Seems a lot of work for the same thing though, might just reuse the same ones, if they work the same way the only thing that would differ is the skin.

“Season 2” of ethereal items should expand it outward to more item types, notably other forms of items with transmog - armor - but not jewelry or weapons (because they have been done.) Offhand might be OK.

1 Like

If they do another season of Ethereals, I’d like a dagger for DH. It’s odd that they didn’t do that for this season.

4 Likes

It’s a really missed opportunity for this season not having that DH dagger when wiz has all 3 eths as endgame weaps

5 Likes

The ethereals were intended as a sort of reflections of D2 ethereal uniques. There are no daggers in D2 which would sensibly translate into a D3 ethereal suitable for DH.

Yeah, I know that, but bending the rules a bit would be OK.

Thats a good idea. Lets keep this rolling!

1 Like

I will miss my OP weapon. :cry:

2 Likes

Yes, there are: Warshrike and Deathbit are throwing knives.

They just picked Buriza and Windforce (even though they fill the same role) because they were more iconic.

And Jade Tan Do, Fleshripper, Gull, The Diggler, Spectral Shard, Stormspike to name a few that could’ve been added for DHs.

Speaking of the DH, it blows my mind that the bola affixes didn’t make it to ethereals or at least Hellcat Waistguard. Dual wielding a Doomslinger with the Hellcat Waistguard affix and either a Dawn or Fortress with the other in the cube as GoD DH wouldn’t make grenades equal Hungering Arrow but it would narrow the gap.

Grenades is fun as hell with GoD but you lose too much damage because Hellcat takes a belt spot. Put it on the weapon and suddenly Grenades, while still won’t put you atop the leaderboards would make Grenades capable of 130+ good for gem leveling and some paragon farming which would be good enough in my estimation.