Ethereal Feedback (Part 1)

Newer, but stale. GoD6 is 1 year old, and arguably offers boring play mechanics compared to its original release. Bone Spear is a good build, but now approaches 1 year since they tuned up the set, FB is newer at 4 months age, but causes lag and is an outlier build with janky MI mechanics.

I embraced the new leaderboard and its fresh set filters last patch, I played and augmented every relevant build in the two classes that interest me (DH and Crusader), got top 10 rankings on pretty much all boards in Non-Season NA. I’ve geared up a follower for survival, etc.

Correct, but I’m telling you – Ethereal is not good enough a change to bring me, a Non-Season player, to Season. And since there’s nothing else to do as a Crusader and DH main, the patch as it stands today is a bust for me. I’m not saying everyone shares my story, but if you play DH and Crusader, it’s a dull patch.

D3 will likely be maintained until D4 releases. That’s probably 2-2.5 years of D3 patches. Why aren’t there like 100+ GR140 capable S-Tier builds to choose from? Why is the product of 3-months time just Inna’s and Ethereal Items?

Again this is perspective from a solo GR pusher. The bar is hung too low. I wouldn’t coddle these Ethereals, they could be so much better.

I agree with dmkt for the most part. As myself am a DH main myself. Ethereal Buriza is the only option. What do I do when looking for a good Ethereal Buriza? Basically look for 3700 top end damage range, DPS doesn’t really matter because GoD6 is essentially ignore AttSpd for the most part aside from hitting the 1.5 or 1.67 AttSpd breakpoint. Then I’ll look at the Legendary Power and Passive.

It’s dull, and nothing but inflated numbers. And as far as DH goes, GoD6 is still really the only option. Impale and UE MS both got screwed out of Ethereals, they just aren’t viable or competitive (as a former UE and Impale main).

Edit: And the RNG when this hits S24 is going to be an absolutely nightmare. The drop rate on PTR (imo) is horrible. Good luck trying to find a good/useable one (if you don’t bot).

We’re actually saying the same thing. I probably worded it weird.

1 Like

You need a blue post or a live interview of the dev teams to find these answers. Their low productivity and poor balancing and communication have been exposed for years. My response is not spend my money to any of their games anymore including the coming D2R and D4. These D3 employees show me that the Blizz is not a trustworthy company anymore. It seems that you still have hope in them which can sometimes turn out to be frustration.

Ahh, my bad for a miss-understanding.

Good question. Loads of sets that are simply outdated numerically, not mechanically but they seem to favor reworks. Personally, while I’ve played all of the recent reworks, I dont agree with most of them. Seems like a heavy incidence of offloading the damage to something else. If I got to attack something, why do I have to then activate a pet to do the damage for me. Seems unnecessary.

I mean, why can’t I have a fishymancer. Some pets make a corpse and I blow it up. Simple. All the tools are there, just no one made a set for it. Seems Blizzard at times wants to make more work for themselves.

1 Like

I still haven’t purchased a copy of D2R, I hold a grudge from the previous patch outcome of GoD6, zero implementations from the DH Proposals written over a year ago – which so many others endorsed. This patch so far reaffirms the decision to not open the wallet. I don’t sign into D3 much since the PTR notes were released.

Another point I’d like to make, pretty much as proof that this patch is less interesting, compared to the other patches.

Have you seen the view counts on these PTR Forum posts? It’s not even close to the prior patch. No feedback post originating since PTR 2.7.1, except this one, has exceeded 1k views. That’s pretty low interest.

2 Likes

If you like off meta buildd these wpns give upwards of 10 grs to poopy builds. Thats something for variety.

2 Likes

1- It’s interesting approach, but would need several eth items. Because each class have several builds. The current weapon system tries to address that, but in the case of dh, they could make 1xbow/bow, 1 handed bow and 1 dagger or address the situation with shadow set enabling the benefit with eth items. If they don’t plan to release several eth, most likely can be tricky to do those improvements.

2- Some affixes are needed to maintain the balance between the items. I agree they could make it more diverse but what’s it’s the line between diversity and utility?

3- This it’s more the same as before, those weapons needs to have caveats to not be used in every single build. Like certain builds needs more or less weapon speed and so on. So having each one of them with own perks it’s a nice touch. About the resource cost, it’s a thing that could approached in other ways. Maybe moving the “affix” to legendary affix could solve most of those issues.

4- Tbh, I think the game could use builds who wouldn’t based on CC for deal damage or just being agnostic to it. Most of builds are too centric about CC often because Bane of Trapped, krysbin or certain set characteristics.

5- Suggested on 1-

6- It’s a bit counterintuitive for sure. Maybe a text saying “already applied” could solve the confusion

7- Would be max damage not minimum. right? So would mean +0-800 on the damage weapon.

8- Some even have legacy description, those are things they need to address, and solve for sure.

9- That could be quirky. But most of the skills only require bow, so having karlei’s point effect on a bow wouldn’t be a huge issue, tbh. There is no limitation on impale or other skill for it. They could just change the description of the set to enable Eth by example in their rulings to improve the damage without much “problems”.

1 Like