Eth barb 2 hand sword feedback

I just realized that the goal is to make the eth items with the exact properties of d2 right?

so in order to improve grandfather and keep it as much as possible the same of d2 grandfather, place an afix on it:

“allow hold 2 hand swords with 1 hand”

than it will be the exact same from diablo 2, and will give the same push strength from the other ethereals from other classes. Even if it proves way too strong, you can tone it down but i would love to see barb holding 2x 2 hander swords like before.

2 Likes

Are you going to provide the art assets, animations, etc. to make dual wielding 2H swords possible?

not required, just reuse the already existing arts from the 1 hand, and animations are basicly the same since its a 3d model, it is not hard as you think, and also there is already a plenty of animations for dual wielding 1 h swords, it is just a matter of aply the same animation, i will gladly wait an aditional time for next season to see it happen, also gladly take aditional time on ptr to test it.

So, an Ethereal two-hander in main hand, The Furnace as off-hand and another weapon power in the Cube? Yeah, it’s not like dual-wielding 4K damage weapons and an extra power would make this way overpowered or anything, right?

Read properly, “allow 2 handed SWORDS with one hand” furnance is a mallet, same about axes, polearms, pikes… i like the idea of giving countless 2 handed swords that have zero use in the game at least an oportunity to shine, zweihander, blackguard, scourge, stalgard’s decimator, maximus, d3 version of GF, warmonger, corrupted ashbringer… pretty much items we just recycle imediately after identified, back in d2 barb never been able to hold 2x 2hand axes, neither hammers, only SWORDS and thats exactly what im proposing because they have cool procs that just are not viable for sinergy reasons and because their legendary effects do not benefit from sets.

And i risc to say even if we had 2x 2hand swords 4k dmg each, the damage still would not be that diferent, and it always can be tone down. Even if it is not a thing for this season i would enjoy to see d3 version of Grandfather recieving a legendary power “allow to dual wield 2 handed swords with 75% of its base damage” and obviously making adjustments at the %, a sword who have no legendary proc allowing a new resource to the class.

( 4000 * 75/100 = 3000 ) ^-^ but i would leave it 100% to have a diference, mainly because of the atack speed diference, and tone down depending on the testing results.

And obviously making the sword become a barb only sword, reason why i sugested place it at the eth weapon so it would be something unique for this season and depending on its behavior aply it to the regular GF.