Essence of Anguish

Hi guys,

How do I get my Essence of Anguish shard to proc the poison affix?

Do I roll poison dmg on both or one of my weapons?
Use the follower?
Get it from a Sliver of Terror?

Please help.

Many thanks!

the easiest way is to use poison damage on one of your weapons.

Or your follower.

But you attack faster, probably.

I put poison on both my weapons.

You already got a few answers here, but I figured I’d give you the full picture…

The answer is kind of “it depends”.

IF you are using the deathblow or 15 stacks 3rd tier abilites, then it’s ok to have poison damage just on your follower’s weapon. This is because the follower will (a bit slowly) get you up to 10 (or 15) stacks and then keep you there, and the deathblow effect procs from any kill, not just poison damage.

BUT, IF you are using the poison debuff 3rd tier ability, you REALLY want to have poison damage on one of your weapons, preferably your mainhand weapon. This is because your follower only hits a few enemies, fairly slowly, meaning that many of them will not receive the debuff. So you want the damage on your own weapon. And, the reason you want it on your mainhand is that certain effects only take their damage from the mainhand.

Hard-cast Rends, for instance, only take damage from mainhand, and ALL Earthquake damage only considers the mainhand. So, if you are playing Leapquake with a dual-wield setup, and you only have poison damage on your offhand weapon, you will literally never proc Anguish, at all.

Bottom line: pretty much always best to have poison damage on your mainhand weapon. But if using the Deathblow or 15 stack abilities, it’s ok to have it just on your follower instead.

2 Likes

Can i roll the damage off of the second sword for leapquake? Thats kinda handy for an extra stat.

You sure can!

The ideal off-hand weapon for Leapquake is a Little Rogue / Slanderer with AD/CDR/STR and then either Elite dmg% or RCR, depending on whether you’re running a Crimson setup.

1 Like

That is awesome! Thank you so much.

1 Like

Btw, a while back I crunched the numbers on the damage of dual wield IB vs Furnace for Leapquake. There are a few things that could be added to this, since we’ve had the follower update since then. And, this of course is for non-season, not counting stuff like the 100% WOTB uptime possible in the current season.

But the numbers are still largely correct.

1 Like

I’m going to try furnace also. I just don’t have any good str ones at the moment. I do have some gg primal APDS though.

This is why I keep Rage around. I can focus on grinding and I let him do to barb maths I care very little about. Well It could also be I am bad at barb maths.

1 Like