Error1016 FED THE HELL UP!

Okay I’m getting really really sick of this s*** every single solitary time I try and play the PC version I get the error code 1016 and yeah you can try and blame my internet connection but I’m on t1 lan so I’m sorry high quality plugged into the computer it’s self Lynn isn’t good enough for your game but it’s the only single solitary online game I’ve ever had disconnection issues with I can play world of Warcraft no problem I can play starcraft 2 no problem but for some reason Diablo 3 disconnects every 5 minutes sometimes even when I try and log in and play my character I just thank God that I didn’t pay for the game yet and I’m going to free to play account because I have it for PS4 and I’m about ready to go back to that because at least on that I can play offline single-player without getting a disconnection error every 12 seconds!

1016 is a general error code for network disconnection.
Unless you run some diagnostic, it is difficult to tell exactly where the problem is.
This is a troubleshooting article sticky at top of the forum:

The above article is for PC version. If you play on PS4, you have to contact Sony for technical support:

The network speed of a T1 line is a mere 1.5Mbps. That seems too slow for D3.