Equip Vizier or Core?

Seems most people opt to equip Vizier and put the Core on the cube. Assuming you can roll a primal on either, does it make any difference?

It makes more sense to cube Viz because of the 400% meteor damage is much harder to roll perfect than the 50% on Core, but I think stats are better on viz. It just comes down to stats after making both primals really.

1 Like

the core always rolls a socket so you could never roll certain stat combinations you could on vizier

1 Like

I would reforge vizier because whenever you have to choose between vizier and core it’s always the former (like in the fast builds). Secondly, if you will have to compromise with an ancient staff because you run out of mats (which is very likely to happen no matter how many mats you’ve accumulated), vizier has a better chance to have usable affixes because core almost always has a socket.

3 Likes

Tx for all your help. I rolled the Viz and put the core on the cube.
All I need now is decent jewellry… :smile:

Apparently not. I just picked up a primal Core drop from a GR and it rolled with +10% damage and life per hit which I rolled to AD. No socket at all. May be just a high chance of a native socket?

Non-primal Smoldering Core always rolls with a socket. However primal weapons never have a socket so it should always get replaced with another affix. Make sure yours has the correct amount of affixes, ages ago primal weapons did have an issue with this and the affix didn’t get replaced, leaving the primal weapon with one affix less than normal.

1 Like

It still happens with Burst of Wrath (Act 3 bounty item). I suspect they had to go in and individually fix it for each item with that problem, and that one happened to get missed.

Ah that’s interesting. So a regular ancient would still have a socket?

Yep all good: Average dam, 10% damage, Int, 24% AD.

Yes.