EQ Captain Crimsom GR 108 11:28

Cleared GR 108 in 11:28 Rank 616

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/DieHard-1989/hero/38117197

Sorry had to recreate this thread, but I don’t have the permission to post on the orignal thread.

I’m going keep pushing until Season start. You can check out my profile above. I drop Lut socks for Girdle. Game changong indeed.

I’m missing four augments (non-ancient Mortick’s), I rolled off Str from gloves & both rings, and I have a poorly rolled FoT. I think their is some potential here.

2 Likes

Did you post it to your followers on Insta and Twitter?

1 Like

Captain Crimson’s Trimmings

• (2) Set Bonus
    • Regenerates 6000 Life per Second
    • Reduces cooldown of all skills by 10% 20%.
    • Now also reduces Resource Costs by 20%
  • (3) Set Bonus
    • Set bonuses have been replaced
      • Damage dealt is increased by your total percentage of Cooldown Reduction
      • Damage taken is reduced by your total percentage of Resource Cost Reduction
        I
        V

Aughild’s Authority

• (2) Set Bonus
    • Set bonuses have been replaced
      • Reduces damage taken by 15%
      • Increases damage dealt by 30%
  • (3) Set Bonus
    • Reduces damage from elites by 15% 30%
    • Increases damage against elites by 15% 30%
  1. [Useless in this build] Mortick’s -> Aughild’s Search (Bracers)
  2. Crimson’s Silk Girdle (Belt) -> Girdle of Giants
  3. Crimson’s (another item) -> Aughild’s (another item)
  4. Profit!

(EQ Captain Aughild :wink:)

Nice to see some testing of the new items by barbs. Equipped or in the cube, I think that you are using 5 new patch 2.6.6 items, including Morticks.

At the top end of the barb era solo leaderboard, #5 barb (HielUFF) is using Mortick while Startawar (#8) is using Flavor of Time and Mortick, #11 uses Mortick, and #12 utilizes Morticks. There also is a top 75 era build for barbs using echoing fury in the cube.

2 Likes

Not for barbs - they’re common for all classes
This will not change the situation in ladder between classes
Moreover, will get worse, since some of the most powerful items (Squirt’s Necklace e.g.) will not work for a melee class at all

1 Like

Could you please take your agenda else where?

I just wasted a response on you that I could have used as an update.

2 Likes

Man, we used to argue, and now I’m high-fiving this guy because he won’t stop fighting the good Barb fight. Nice work, DH. And now you can make another post :smiley:

Anyone who is getting excited about Barbs making lateral moves with the new items is grasping at straws (or a troll). If anything, cross-class disparity looks like it will get worse by the end of S18.

4 Likes

I’m curious to how this build plays without lut socks. Aren’t you losing a lot of damage from the loss of eq’s?

Huge amounts. This is a very suboptimal configuration for the build, even for speeds.

1 Like

Also people who have 5k+ paragon don’t count if you are looking at this from a seasonal perspective. I’ve been fighting the fight in the IK HOTA guide that Magefist still has more DPS than Mortick’s all morning…

3 Likes

People are arguing that? Seems pretty obvious that magefist would be more DPS. That being said the heal and more consistant DR on Morticks is hard to pass up.

People seem to get confused that they can potentially survive a little longer because the slight extra mitigation Mortick’s gives that means…more dps

First, I want to say that I’m well aware that as soon I can no longer kill trash efficiently I’ll will have hit the wall.

Having said that, what doing is this:

I group trash as best as I can (I’m not a very disciplined player). I’m casting casting EQ through my four available Skills (which is constant). I’m also spamming GoG to make sure that every dot is capitalizeing on the 250% damage increase (plus life sustain), WotB is at about an 90% uptime. When Oculus ring generates, I go straight to the center of it and cast EQ from there, everything melts (Elites included). I’m also using Leap pull to get everything closer to me. I forgot about the 70% damage multiplier from Capt Crimson’s CDR%. Hits like a truck, or at least I think so. Just noticed that I don’t have a Diamond in my helm.

The DR is also amazing, I’m surviving with no problem having only 300k life.

Sorry to hijack your thread DH, but regarding Magefist vs Mortick in HOTA builds:

Some players need the extra mitigation. Combination of low main stat or maybe poor playing ability. Either way, a lot of players use Aquila. So changing from Aquila to Mortick’s is definitely a damage buff for those players. Players going from Magefist to Mortick will lose some DPS. But they won’t lose that much. If you want to eek out an extra GR level, then yes, Magefist is the way to go.

Edit:

What’s your highest GR clear using Lut Socks and MotE, DH?

Very nice job, MicroRNA!!
But could you be so kind and fill in GR clears respectively too?
In order not to give everyone a reason to call your statistics illiterate once again? :thinking:

And some essential facts from me in addition to this very informative statistics

1. Hundred percent they all are using barbarian sets
  2. Most have more than one character per account
  3. Sure they all were born from a woman
  4. Some of them likely went to school
  5. Some of them may like tomatoes
  6. Probably some of them have children
  7. Among them there are good people, but maybe bad ones too
4 Likes

These are not statistics. These are simply observations. 4 of the top 12 barb solo era greater rift clears now use Morticks. You can draw your own conclusions/ explanations for this observation.

3 Likes

OK, observations
Don’t give everyone a reason to call your observations illiterate once again!
Fill in GR clears respectively, plz?
I’m from EU, haven’t any character @US, so couldn’t see it

OK, barbs bros, help MicroRNA, give some numbers plz!
Did these new items really lead to tectanic shifts in the ladder??

Just checked via offsite
#5 US still just GR126 clear with huge help of SUPER-Mortick’s
So nothing to speak about…
Btw too much other people’s time stolen…

Check out solo barb era in game on EU leaderboard for clears after August 19 and then check their gear.

2 Likes

No worries.

I honestly, I’m not sure. I want to say somewhere between 98 and 101. I do remember that it was by the skin of my teeth (or much dying). I’m finding that Capt Crim is super forgiving and that what a casual like me needs.

If it not much trouble, could you post a reply so I can update tomorrow’s push.

Free, I’m truly enjoying the new leaf we’ve turned.