Endless Walk Set (Compass Rose + Traveler's Pledge) Bug

The set bonus is not functioning as intended. The buff icon states that my damage is increasing, the items themselves also state that damage dealt is increased while standing still.

HOWEVER the actual effect of the set: Moving increases toughness & recovery. Standing still lowers them. There is no effect on damage.

I do not know if this is simply a paper error or if it’s actually affecting something in game, but this needs to be tended to if it’s actually affecting stats.

Multiplicative damage sources are not shown on the sheet.

This is by design, and is not a bug.

1 Like

Then why is recovery going up? Nothing in the set bonus changes recovery, life per second, life on hit, nada

^^^^^^^
Because they are not the same thing.

1 Like

As stated by Vita, ALL multiplicative sources of damage do NOT show up on the character sheet. Only toughness and recovery sources show as its by design due to both how multiplicative damage works and how its separated between types.

Toughness multipliers are show as there is a spot for it in the character sheet (all damage reduction mutlipliers are show in green when you mouse over a resist) and thus show on the sheet. This has been true since launch of the game and is NOT a bug.

3 Likes

Recovery is a combination of your healing from all sources AND your damage mitigation. Recovery = (life regen + attack speed * life per hit + [some factor] * health globe bonus) * toughness from damage mitigation

It reflects how much of your toughness you can heal each second.

Increasing your toughness (by ways that aren’t simply increasing your life pool) also increases your recovery by a proportional amount.

2 Likes

As stated by Zenith, ALL the numbers should show. It is asinine to only have the defensive numbers show up. What I have found that is stupid is that all my old gear from years ago when we had the auction house, is now NOT WORKING!! Including this set. The numbers show up but nothing is dying… 2.3 Mil dmg on Torment 10 should be dropping like flies, but alas they are not. So yeah this set is Hoobed!! I will simply find another as it is an obvious oops by the devs… All the old stuff should work.

I agree, something rotten in the woodpile as now the numbers show up but there’s no damage amplifier and even when I have 2.3 Mil dmg showing, on Torment 10 they should be dropping like flies and they’re not…but the defensive nature of this set works just fine.

Damage multipliers do not show on the sheet. This applies to every other item in the game (except for a few Ethereals).

This is not a game bug.

If you want something changed, then this is the wrong forum for suggestions.

Please read: How to Write a Good Bug Report.

• Feedback is NOT a bug*. Anything related to feedback, class balance, boss suggestions, etc. belongs in another forum.
  • Finally, please only discuss bugs within the threads. Avoid off topic discussions or other things not related to the bug in the thread
2 Likes

Ok, so i typed into google the problem nd got directed here. This most definitely seems like a bug to me because as of 10mins ago when i moved or stood still the damage on my character sheet changed according to the buff from pledge & rose working but now after chaging key bindings and going in and out of a new map my buff isn’t working right.

The defense number increases as i walk around and resets to original when standing still but as the OP says my damage number doesn’t change at all when standing still and like i said already, as of 10-15mins ago it was moving as i walked and stood still.

Google does not know what is a bug and what is not. It simply returned the result that most closely matched whatever you typed in. 99% of the “bugs” that are reported here are not bugs at all. This post is a good case in point…

Why not take a minute to read through the replies above? Everything is explained in detail.

At the top of the bug report forum is a Stickied post called “Things That Are NOT Bugs”. See item #14 in that list:

14) I equipped an item that has a damage/toughness multiplier. My Damage on the Sheet did not change.

• Damage multipliers (like focus/restraint, set bonuses, etc) will not be displayed on the character sheet and will not change the damage value. Toughness & recovery modifiers ARE reflected on the character sheet (exception is melee/ranged reductions).

If your sheet damage changes when you move, it is not due to the endless walk set. You probably changed a skill, passive, cubed item or some other thing. Hexxing pants, perhaps?

Either way, this is not a bug.

If you can replicate it again, then remove the ring or amulet and you will see that your sheet damage will still change because it is not due to the endless walk set.

2 Likes

i’m not blind and i’m not that forgetful. like i said i tried to change key bindings and i today downloaded the necromancer dlc. Nothing and i mean nothing else was altered on the characters equipment. i did ofc however do as you said at the bottom of the reply, take off one of the 2 piece set and my stats drop according to the stat loss but ofc the endless walk buff no longer triggers while standing still or moving. i don’t know what you see when you use those items together but up until today after i bought the necromancer dlc and tried to change some key bindings the effect of the buff has altered.

my witch doctor always had 700kish damage without those items equipped, with them it raises to over 800k. with them equipped my damage of 847k is not affected by the standing still buff, it neither rises or falls when i start to move but my toughness and recovery do increase and fall as the buff changes between standing and moving.

also i apologise if this is in the wrong section of the forums, but i was directed here and if i shouldn’t have been maybe blizz should contact google and address the issue themselves…

What i’m trying to tll you is the damage number, the part of my charcter window that changes, NOT the details inside the details section of the character sheet, change. i can’t link stuff so i’ll have to write it. when you press “C” and your chacater window appears, the section i’m refereing to is the damage - toughness - recovery section, which is between the vitality stat and the details tab button. I’m aware if i press details and try change the values they won’t, but like i said i’m referring to the 3 values on the main window.

before i made my initial post the damage and toughtness values there changed according to my moving around, now after trying to chnage key bindings and getting the necromancer dlc only the toughnes and recovery change while moving/staning still with the set bonus equipped.

Yes you can…

First, upload your image to a free image-hosting site such as imgur.

Copy the URL of your image to the clipboard and paste it into your forum post

Highlight the URL in your post

Click the </> button in the editor

This will turn your URL into pre-formatted text

The result will be a properly formatted URL (although not clickable) that others can copy / paste like this…

http://www.thisisntarealurl.com

And, as Vita mentioned, have you also changed some gear perhaps?
For example…

Hexing Pants of Mr Yan

Your resource generation and damage is increased by 25% while moving and decreased by 24% while standing still. [20 - 25]%

Again like i said i didn’t change any gear that could affect the outcome. this is the area i’m referring to btw https://imgur.com/a/YDDZ9iT this is the kanai cube items equipped https://imgur.com/a/SWXVVdl and this is my gear equipped https://imgur.com/a/j9aEhVE. Now like i’ve said already the area in the 1st pic is changing, not this area https://imgur.com/a/Iq4H05k . the endless walk buff is being applied to the 1st pics values for toughness and recovery whilst moving but not to damage whilst standing still. before you mention multiplicative set bonuses not changing values they did in my game before i purchased the necromancer.

The Endless Walk set doesn’t and never has changed the damage value. I don’t know how much more plainly it has to be stated. It has nothing to do with the Necromancer pack. If that value was changing before, it was not due to the Endless Walk set. Since we don’t have your profile of what was equipped at the time, no one can say definitively what item or skill was involved, but most likely it was the Hexing pants.

This is not a bug.

1 Like

Oh My God, Guys… seriously??? do ye honestly think i’m taking the p**s or something? I downloaded the dlc, logged on played my necromancer to lvl for a bit, logged my WD cause i needed deaths breath, then thought to myself I feel like using Q,W,E & R instead of 1,2,3,4 for my active abilities so i changed them round. after doing this a few mins later i noticed from fighting creatures they weren’t dying as quickly ( and before you say “oh you changed a difficulty setting”, surprise, no i didn’t).

This is my issue, my actually damage is being nerfed because the set is not working as intended. When standing still my damage is 100% stronger, which it only goes up- from 700kish without the ring equipped to 847kish with it equipped when still. I don’t know if i can spell it out any clearer for ye folks but like i said I never changed any gear, never changed any skills, the only buffs i had was the standing still icon when still and when i moved a second buff icon apperared saying my toughness was increasing. this stayed as long as i kept moving and the stading still buff disappeared until i begin to stay still again.

If you can replicate it again, that is, if you can get the Endless Walk set to cause your sheet damage to change when you move, then you should report that as a bug.

No one is saying they do not believe you, but you are also not able to replicate the bug again.

Also, you are under the impression that the Endless Walk set SHOULD cause your sheet damage to change when you move, and this is incorrect. It has never worked this way, and if you can cause it to, then please report THAT as the bug.

As it is now, you are telling us that the game is working normally, and we believe you. If this changes, then come back and report it.

Here is a question: Does your sheet damage go up by 125% when wearing Focus and Restraint and you hit with a generator and spender? Is F+R also bugged?

If you believe that you are actually not getting the damage buff from the set, then do the following:

Remove all your gear except for the Endless Walk set.
Equip a level 1 weapon from one of your followers.
Set the difficulty to normal and shoot some zombies while standing still, and record the numbers. You will need to turn on damage numbers in the settings.
Take the average of 20, non-crit hits.
Then repeat the same when you are moving. Your damage should be about 1/2 when you are moving.
Haunt is a good skill to test with since it is a damage over time skill. Make sure you cast it on a fresh mob when you are at 100%/0%.

This way you can prove to yourself whether the set is working or not.

ok this is the last msg i’m sending cause frankly i don’t care anymore. when i was playing yesterday, before any of this happened i can 100% say that when i was fighting and running around and standing still just like how the toughness number rises and falls according to gettting the “Walking Endlessly” portion of the buff my damage was rising and falling too when the “stopping for directions” buff was there. Thats what i’m trying to say and with the number no longer changing as i play it feels weaker I.E my damage must have been affected. Also, i reiterate I never once changed a spell effect or rune or piece of gear

If it happens again, see if you can record it and post the video so Blizzard or others can try to replicate it and diagnose it.

But for your own peace of mind, try following the steps in my last post so that you can feel confident that the set is working properly.