End of season, what happens with patches/sets?

I understand items/characters transfer over to Non-Seasonal, but it sounds as if when a new season starts there’s usually a patch that would do things such as if in Season 22 one character/set was overpowered, they’d lower the stats and make another character/set way better.

1. Will my item stats change in non season when patches happen, or once you found an item do you get the stats/set bonus features even when they’re later nerfed down?

2. If Season 23 makes one set/character more powerful, does this change also happen in Non-Season… or is non season basically unchanging where a set’s bonuses will always stay the same?

Just trying to figure out if I don’t log in for a year and for some reason decide to play non season, could I be in for a surprise where my current gear all the stats changed and possibly now the character completely sucks?

Thank you

General rule of thumb…

1. Changes to set items are retroactive, i.e. you don’t need to farm new ones, they’ll have the new set bonuses as soon as the patch hits.
  2. Changes to legendaries which are positive, i.e. a new legendary power is added, or the legendary power becomes more beneficial, are not retroactive, so you need to farm new ones. The existing items will be classified as legacy items. Reforging a legacy item in the Cube will just result in a legacy item with different stats, it will not create one of the new versions of the item.
  3. Changes to legendaries which are negative, i.e. a legendary power is made weaker, or the value range is reduced, and so on, are retroactive, i.e. your item will be immediately weaker after the patch hits.

Changes to items / sets are part of patches which are applied in between the end of a current season and before a new season starts, i.e. item changes are separate from seasonal themes, and this means any such changes affect both non-seasonal heroes (immediately when the patch hits) and seasonal heroes (when the season starts shortly after the patch hits).

2 Likes