End game patch 2.6.7

“Most”??
Funny, who are you talking about? Because I’ve talked to dozens of serious players, 99% of them think the cap is stupid … Who do you mean? Players who play for 2 weeks in a season and then leave the game? What you say makes no sense …

We can count D3 builds on our fingers, yes, I’m counting on normal and “whacky” builds.

D3 is NOT PoE, NOT D1 / D2, is ANOTHER game.

The only thing you’ll be able to do by adding a limit on D3 is to kill it once and take the few serious players left.

Something so simple does not enter your mind, unbelievable.

Because currently the game forces you to group up for paragon. I prefer to play solo, like many diablo players do. The idea of increased exp according to the number of people in your party is ludicrous. Being in a party makes everything easier, yet you are somehow rewarded even more than solo players.

It shouldn’t be solo get’s more xp than a party or vice versa. We should all be getting the same exp for the same monster killed.

2 Likes

It’s the original design of diablo 3, it’s focused on multiplayer, so there are incentives for multiplayer. So no, it’s not ridiculous.

Also, I’m sure you’re not dedicated, so even if you have a bigger XP solo, will still be inferior to most.

Look at Nuyr (US Server), he is 100% solo, NEVER played at 2/3 / 4P but could be rank 1 in NS monk with caldesann and Gems lower than most.
So it’s not about XP, it’s about competence. :wink:

1 Like

I have also ENIAC talked to Serious Players and they dont care about the CAP. There are 7 classes to play are you saying you have AUGMENT every set for every class with 150 AUGS and have full primals on every character. If you dont then there is always something to do.
Also people clearing Gr150 that fast, well i would probably recommend you spend a little less time playing the game or find a new one if you need to race through what you think is content so fast ur getting bored. Maybe reduce yourself to 2 to 3 hours play and dont play Cheese RATS / META. See how you go then. Theres always options

3 Likes

This^

D3 is a multiplayer game. Also if there’s a bonus to solo play you can make the same argument that grouping up is pointless.

If you want to compete in the leaderboards you have to either nolife the game or bot. The same botters/noliferes who top the leaderboars right now will top it if there’s bonus xp to solo play, making bots even more meta than it is right now.

1 Like

There is then the other way of looking at game and how to balance it out again without removing the cap and it is a lot easier to implement. Reducing all powers back to what they were or simply put, cut them to 1/10th of what they are now. For instance LOD/LON 9750% —> 975% or Deathwish 325% —> 35% so on and so forth. I’d love to go back and push GR 100 again in 4 player.
With a change like this a lot of items that are currently looked at as a forgotten soul will be relevant again. Items that were designed to do damage without all these huge multipliers in mind.

2 Likes

The length of time something has been part of the game doesn’t align with the justification of keeping. It has nothing to do with competency, you’re trying to compare something that shouldn’t be compared.

How would you feel if a group of people at your job, doing the exact same work you are doing, got paid 30% more simply because they are doing it together? That doesn’t seem right, does it?

As I stated in my other post that I linked to. Solo players are more inclined to talk to and communicate with the player-base because they can stop for a second to do that, as when in a group, 3 other people are running ahead so you don’t even look at chat because you have to keep up.

1 Like

So it’s not the fact you want GR 150 uncapped but you got there in 3 weeks is the problem. The game used to be a grind for gear and progression now it’s just a candy store and like everything in life if it comes to easy you will always want more and more for less effort. The game became a joke when seasons started as they shortened the end game cycle by handing out sets, buffing them with crazy bonus multipliers. And now you have LOD gem it makes even more stupid because you don’t even need the sets.

Understand that seasons only happened because they had nothing else to expand the game with. Then they trickled out a withdrawn expansion piece by piece to give the illusion of new content.

You bought the game you beat it now move on.

If you believe that the new sets are going to breath life into D3 think again.In a very short time the same complaints will all start over again.

2 Likes

Yes this please. So many useless items in the game which will be useful again if this happens!!!

2 Likes

When energy twister was extremely strong abow 3 years ago due to being able to stack the highest percent damage rune, that mechanic was removed to balance the game. 100% agree that starpact needs the same treatment. Nevalistis posted that they would monitor starpact on how it performs to see if it needs balance or is mandatory back in March. There is a 4min GR150 clear and the top 1000 4man clears are all GR150 under 10mins on the Asian servers all using starpact, this seems quite compelling data to me!

1 Like

NEVER asked for that…

Of course I will still remain behind, but at least I will be able to clear much highier GRs than I was previously. Players who have no life and play over 8h a day, run META, Rathma groups or just BOT, cause who will stop them will always be ahead…

This is complete BS. You just saw the word SOLO and immediately assumed: “Oh look another SSF crusader, let’s show him where his place is”.

What I proposed benfits META and Rathma groups or players with unlimmited time to play THE MOST

You would know that if you actually READ my whole post other than just stop at the SOLO word

As you can see (assuming you can read anything besides the word SOLO at all) this change impacts everyone

The problem with people like you is that you’re completely blind to others needs.

I never said in any of my posts about a SSF or giving solo players an advantage over 4P players group. What I suggested benefits players like you, who obvioulsy can’t live without playing with others at all the most.

For the record I do T13-T16 public bounties and Nephalem Rifts from time to time too, so your argument that "I'm beating the SSF Dead Horse" is completely invalid...

One of the main reasons I play solo most of the time is because of communities (which apparently still doesn’t work like they should, same with joining random players). Even if I join a 80 GR or 100 GR community, most players only run 110-150 GRs in them… Not everyone is interested or even can do GRs above 110. I know it must be a shock for everyone who plays META builds or Rathma groups only almost all day long , but it’s the “ugly truth”.

I used to play the game over 6h a day few years ago. Now I only play for 3h-5h, because it’s just gets incredibly dull after a while and I can run only 90-95 GRs most efficient. I don’t play META builds, but UE Multishot. Some players with my current build might probably do 110-115 GR easily, but I just can’t stand pushing or fishing for hours to find a a good GR… My highiest clear was 108 this season (yeah low I know), but unlike others I don’t run META, Rathma groups whether to push for highiest GR possible or just to upgrade or level my legendary gems…

I know I will ALWAYS be behind the most dedicated players, but I wish I could be at least 5-10 GR from the best players out there rather than be 20-25 GRs behind…

Absolutely and 100% AGREE with you. Unfortunately right now if you don’t have over 5000 or 8000 paragon level you can only dream of even reaching GR 140 solo which is a joke, considering how old RoS already is…

If you can’t even solo a 140 GR (I don’t count count the now nerfed Archon Chantodo Vyr’s build) after playing RoS for years than it’s no wonder that so many players left the game if you can’t even reach GR 145 solo without having over 9000 paragon level…

Show me a video of how you can solo GR 150 in less than 7 minutes and than tell me it’s a joke…

Just because a group of 4 players with over 4000 paragons and caldesans in 130-150 range with 130-150 rank legendary gems (or even lower paragon, gems etc) can speed farm GR 150 doesn’t mean 150 GR is a joke. It would be if you could solo in less than 5 minutes, so unless you can do that there’s NO NEED to increase the cap at all…

So just because you did 150 GR in a 4P group running a support build probably or the infamous Archon Chantodo Vyr’s build doesn’t mean you SOLOED it. Once you can do it in the same amount of time (with any build or class set in game) you did in a 4P group come back and discuss about any changes in current GR cap…

1 Like

That is the biggest flaw in Diablo 3 sadly. The game doesn’t offer the possibility a casual (1-2 hour a day) player to compete with others on even grounds aka at respective LBs for that (and I am not taking into account the current iteration of Challenge Rifts since it has serious flaws).

I have wrote a lot on the topic (very possibly more than anyone else since I do believe aRPGs have great potential for an eSport-level competition and D3 engine is good enough), namely why the competition is the only way for Diablo 3 to survive and be played for years to come, and what changes have to be done in that direction for this to happen. Will the new developers embrace this route? We have to see.

3 Likes

It Got Removed because it was a bug that it was Possible to stack the Twister, get your facts right…

Star Pact is not an Exploit nor a Bug, its a use of a Game Mechanic that is in the Game since Release

No its not a flaw, its a grind game and at Grind games you get better rewards the more you play, so it would be completly stupid that a player with 40h playtime can compete with a guy that has 400h

This would be Unfair for the people who are dedicated to the game and would kill the Motivation in the Dedicated player

That is not true. Twister sword was not bugged but it did not have a cap either so with more attack speed you could get more twisters out so they put a cap of 8 stacks then further reduced to 5 stacks on the sword’s legendary affix.

Starpact is in fact an abusive of game mechanic and 100% not what was intended in the design. Having both multipliers from channeling abilities aka Deathwish, mantle of channeling and etched sigil along side double Archon stacks as well as 30% Archon multiplier was never intended.

There are many forms of aRPG competition - grinding is only one of these. I am not saying remove grinding. I am saying give something else for those not having time to grind to compete with each other.

If you know PoE, they will host the biggest aRPG competition ever next month with a $10k reward. And it won’t be a grinding based competition, it will be purely efficiency (and some luck) one.

Yeah they nerved the Dmg on that, But the damage on that wasnt the Problem, the Problem was that by Design the Twister should change his Direction when it hit a Wall. But on reversed Corners it didnt changed it just got Stuck until it wears off. this got fixed by implementing that when a Twister isnt moving anymore they will despawn.

The Stuck was the complete Error on that, also the Game devs didnt liked the fact you can run that high GR back at the Time.

At the Time Bazooka got Publized THEY said to sVr that they are Fine that the Gr Cap will be reachable for a good amount of players

We know you’re not serious.
Your “serious” players are those who play casually for 2 weeks and leave the game.

Do you recommend a new game to me? Maybe not, I’ll stay in this one, but you better get another one instead of trying to change the essence of a game to your personal taste, why don’t you go to PoE and try to change the things you don’t like? LOL …

It aligns with the Original Design. Nobody said that aligns with “time”.

You can apply it to yourself.

If I had enough money to have everything, having more money wouldn’t change anything in my life, I just wouldn’t care.
And you fall into your own argument, you compare two things that can’t be compared.

And why are you right? LOL …
Forgive me, but the “Player base” is part of a group that mostly doesn’t understand the game, is a type of player that leaves the game in a short time and is crying for buffs and more nonsense buffs just to be able to feel closer to dedicated players.

You made me laugh.
Do you just want the blizz to give you more power to … make the same slit again with just a bigger number? I bet you don’t even know what a placebo is.

If you are not a group player, you are not a dedicated player, then why do you care about the cap?

D3 has no PVP, and never will. You know that this game will not change drastically so that there is the right balance and casual players can compete with dedicated players under exactly the same circumstances.
I already told you that you can not understand that the changes you request need to be ALL implemented
in some situations, otherwise nothing will be resolved, we will continue without an “equal” competition and also continue to have a cap. In the end, this game will not please anyone else.

I am against PvP in an aRPG format. I never advocated for it.

I understand better than you this stuff. You was the one learning from our chat, not me. Good you eventually got the point.

As I said, were D3 modding capable, what I suggested would take a few weeks to be implemented. It’s not something MAJOR requiring years of development.

It seems right now it doesn’t please you. Welcome to my world. Let’s unite in our demand for meaningful and fair competition so that all D3 fans are happy and satisfied! I am saying this since S1 and I wrote the steps, but people need to become aware first and not think only from “their pov” aka remove the cap everywhere.

1 Like

What you ask is essentially a pvp = Dota = L.O.L. Therefore it will never be fully implemented.

Yes, I learned that you like placebos and are proud of it.

They are capable? Have you talked to them about it then? I would be happy to post here for all to see. Also, can you tell the difference between changing some things and changing everything? Apparently not.

So since the game is not good for you, do you want to make it the same for everyone? Hmm apparently I’m increasingly “learning” from you XD

As I said, you want changes that are not part of the design, not part of the original essence of this game mode. The ironic thing is that you talk about “not just thinking about” your pov “but you want to change the whole essence of a game mode to your” own pov ":wink:

I am very much in favor of this; especially since this could easily be “sandbox” tested in season with a theme. I’d love to fight tiers again, where any mistake by any player will cost you the rift, instead of rushing through 150s, where any mistake will lead to a 6:30 clear instead of 5:30.

I reported Bazooka and its mechanics as an exploit months before I wrote the guide and published it. Till this day I am “baffled” with the statement: “We are content with the mechanics.” Just to be clear, I am clearly siding with Achilles here:

Couldn’t agree more, it’s borderline abusive. @Timer I literally stated so in the reddit post (first sentence):

This is an analysis, guide and build compendium for Star Pact Wizard - a self-cast Meteor build that (ab)uses channeling multipliers such as Deathwish and Etched Sigil as its main source of damage.

3 Likes