Elective Mode no longer functioning

On the afternoon of 6/21/20, Elective Mode suddenly stopped working for all character classes I play (Demon Hunter, Barbarian, Necromancer, Wizard, Crusader and Monk) in Season 20 and after when it had been functioning previously. By “not working” I mean that character skill slots are stuck in Elective Mode and Kanai Cube item selections can no longer be assigned in Elective Mode even when Elective Mode is selected in Gameplay Options. Selecting or deselecting Elective Mode changes nothing with respect to Kanai Cube or Skill Slots.

Not a bug.

Season ended, so did the ability to use any combination in the cube.

Back to one of each type now.

3 Likes

This is NOT a bug.

As Phoenix pointed out, the unrestricted Kanai’s Cube Power Slots have nothing to do with Elective Mode. That was the Season Theme for Season 20 and the Season has ended.

New Season Theme

For the duration of Season 20, the slots in Kanai’s Cube that allow you to equip three additional Legendary powers will not be restricted to their usual categories.

And:

1 Like

Well thanks, Phoenix! Don’t know how I missed the thing about the Kanai Cube. Still can’t seem to get out of Elective Mode for skill slots, but then, why would I?