Edit: I was wrong, new wizard set is behind witch doctor's new set

Guys I’m editing my original post, so any responses you should know are from my original wrong post.

Typhon’s Veil is far behind Mundunugu’s Regalia. However, I cleared a 119 with both of them.

On my wizard I’m having trouble, like hours of failed fishing to clear a 119 again. Which must have divine intervention lol. As you should know I often pray over my rifts lol.

While I’m certain I could clear a 119 again with a witch doctor on a decent map!

What are you babbling about? 119 is really low when people are clearing GR 140. Both sets are squishy, but Mundugu’s is far, far more powerful. There is so much wrong with this post I can’t even.

But I’m glad you enjoyed yourself.

5 Likes

Phlebotomize + Minare

Mundu clears much higher than 119 at 2800 Paragon. Actually there are a lot of builds that do better than that.

You shouldn’t make claims like “equally tuned” when you don’t have any comparison.

4 Likes

im think current state is:
SB set > LoD hydra (2-3gr) LoD hydra much more DR
LoD hydra > set hydra (10+gr) LoD hydra much more DR
SB set > LoD SB (10+gr) LoD SB much more DR
IMHO WD set/LoD good balanced. You can choice tanky LoD or squishy (but more powerful) set.
Wiz need some rebalace, but its really hard, because wiz have a lot powerful DR items outside sets.

2 Likes

i agree with Lexyu here. there’s nothing here. show some video of progression and your testing. otherwise you should probably follow twitch D3 players who are doin solid testing.

1 Like

My comparison is that I literally played them both.
You all should respect me, because on the PTR I’m rank 137 Wizard, Rank 145 Witch Doctor, and Rank 2 Necro.

My opinion is valid.

^^ Video of my Witch Doctor clear. I didn’t get a video of the 119 Wizard clear, but I recorded myself using the Arcane Torrent bug. it’s on the same channel.

I usually clear about 4 GR higher on a season than on PTR, because I try a lot harder. which I stated in my original post!!

Respect is earned imo.
Besides, testing 119, as others stated, is nothing really. You would need to go up in level in order to know how they do better. If everything blows up instantly, you are too low and cannot really test the real issues.
The higher level , the more you need to survive and still deal enough damage to progress.

2 Likes

And how high did you clear on the PTR? And at what paragon?

Just so you know, I don’t cheat the game to get level 150 gems and augments… so there’s that… My highest clear is a solo clear, not a group clear.

Ehm… What? Who talked about cheating?

I still stand by what I am saying: low greater rifts will not show much. Unless the sets toughness is severly underpowered. Blowing everything up, not needing to group mobs etc. will result in , you guessed it, that you progress easy. There will not be much of a toughness/testing, cause you just slide through with ease.

Testing should be on a higher level to see if you can survive while dealing damage to wear down the mobs.
If other sets do the same at level 130, same time as your clear, same paragon points etc. they are simply better. Let’s say you test Barbarian rend on a 120. You do it in 5min. Same paragon points, somewhat same gear on a wd and you cannot survive, you died 5 times more and did the same level at 8min, that build/set is weaker.

1 Like

I am! Using a Barb with turbohud, or Botting, or Using a script you got from a botting site to run Bazooka - to get 150 gems - is cheating!
In my opinion, 120 is high! I’m rank 145 Witch Doctor, 137 Wizard, and rank 2 Necro on PTR.

If your issue is that you think Witch Doctor is better, Read my original post, where I said:

Because although they are equally tuned for solo, witch doctor is better for groups IMO and others should agree.

And why are you mentioning this?

I never talked about testing 150.

You got to know something.
When testing, you need to push certain levels. You need a certain amount of paragon points and certain amount of quality level gear, you could accuire in the season.
Then you need to learn to play and use the new set and plow through Greater Rifts in order to test it in different levels and with different mob types.

You then proceed to compare it to other new sets and current sets and know how they play etc. at around same level to compare and to say if they are weak or not.
A level 119 may be much to you, but if sets are so powerful they oneshot mobs at that level, you need to push higher in order to test the toughness that it needs.

Again, you plow through a 119, the toughness won’t be much of an issue, if mobs die before they can do anything.

So to take my example. You would need to know how to play the new set. You need to push it higher where you can’t oneshot mobs to see if the toughness is an issue or not.
And you need to right amount of roles and so forth, so there won’t be an issue of “you could have rolled for more toughness and survive”.

This :

Is just wrong. People can have their opinions.
And please don’t read “you are not agreeing!!”, I’ve never stated what is more powerful.

Back to your topic and first post.
It can seem they are equal. But if you push higher where you need more time to kill elite groups and whatnot, you would have an issue with mobs dealing damage, hence toughness can be an issue.
If you run multiple level 130s with both classes and Wizard are always slower, dies more, then it is weaker. ( If you know how to play it that is.)

1 Like

The problem it’s your comparisons are faulty from the beginning. You can’t judge the differences between pushing 2 classes based on lower GRifts.

Example, Multishot DH vs current Spirit barrage WD.
*MultiShot DH clears a GRift 90 in 2 minutes.
*Spirit Barrage WD clears a Gift 90 in 3 minutes

That means demon Hunter is 50% stronger than witch doctor amirite? . . . . . NO!

Looking at your clear vs the top clear. The top clear is pulling around 50x more damage from the class than you are. That’s a huge variable where so many things can come into play.

You’re all wrong. 119 is actually pretty high in season 20. For 1 a lot of high end Witch doctors are double dipping damage with pain enhancer. 2. you all have 150 gems from running scripts (you get from the botting site) on bazooka and I don’t, and 3, classes got nerfed on top of the fact that we don’t have the season 19 buff to one shot multiple elites any more.

This is what I added to the original post to make it clear how I feel.

We are wrong, cause?
How is 119 high, when people run 140s?
You accuse people of cheating, go report them then. Otherwise, just cause they play more and have higher level items, does not mean they cheat.

And yes, your clear is not high enough. As already answered. Oneshotting mobs is not the way to test sets. You blast through mobs before they can do anything to you, you won’t be able to test the real issues coming with toughness.

119 is not high. Not even for legit players, if you want to blame people some more for cheating.
Just cause we say you are wrong, does not justify you for calling others for cheaters.

Easy bro, no one is saying your opinion is invalid, your cheating, or you don’t matter.

We are saying your rather bold claims of them bring perfectly tuned are ridiculous, because high level testing has disproven your claims. There are even several major major bugs with TV you didn’t even notice.

1 Like

142 is literally rank 1. If you want to, go read the blog of the rank 1 guy. If you want testing from people in the top 200 read the forums. thank you goodbye.
Time for me to have a drink and remove myself from this forum for now.

Then my statment was correct. How is 119 high, when people run 140s?
I’ve read the forum, and they disagree with your statement as well.
As for testing and so forth, you did it wrong. If you want to talk in general and not from a personal experience.

Do remember. Running a 119 is very different from running 140s.

Why are you assuming things that aren’t true? My gems are no where near 150. I think I have a couple of 120s? My max solo push with wizard was a 124 I believe, with chantodo/vyr set. I don’t run Bazooka nor do I script/macro/bot. My seasonal paragon usually runs around 1300.

I at least know my clears shouldn’t be used to balance the classes because I’m not at the tippity top. You think 119 is high, but it’s not. It’s an ok clear for the general public. People clear solo GRift 120s on the 2nd day a season goes live now a days.

Not sure what this guy is babbling about. Proud of his 119 clear? Is he even aware that this is PTR, not seasonal testing? Me not even 2k paragon yet, 110+ gems and 100+ augments, cleared Wiz hydra at GR130+ easily with 9min left.

Anyway, this is S19-20 and GR119 is a joke even during season. We won’t talk about 140+ but at least GR130+ should be reasonable for you to test out, can you?