Earth Mystic Ally life bonus (20%)

Choosing the earth mystic ally does not boost the available life as expected. I have verified with another player that is experiencing the same issue.

I realize the AI attack boundary is broken and well documented, this is something different.

Thanks,

How are you testing this? What proof do you have? Do you have a video of this issue?

Of course not, since choosing a runed mystic ally won’t change the passive effect when you wear the Inna’s set. It automatically gives you the base passive effect of the 5 runed MA.

1 Like

Is this an attempt at a troll or are you always this dismissive? A bug report is not for me to “prove anything”, it is for the developer or tech support to investigate and see if it can reproduced or is working as intended with an explanation.

Actually, it’s up to the person reporting a bug to provide sufficient evidence that a bug actually exists, before anyone’s going to investigate anything. That’s why the stickied How to Write a Good Bug Report says…

1 Like

I could ask the same question of whether you are trolling us? Clearly, you have made no attempt to actually determine if a bug exists. In fact, you do have to “prove” that a bug exists. No one deserves an explanation here, since this is not a help forum. But since you are so clueless, here is a video showing that the Earth Ally rune does, in fact, work to provide increased life.

So, now that I’ve shown that there is no apparent bug, how about you show how to replicate your “bug”?

Name calling and bullying techniques, what an enlightened approach. You have no idea on what steps were or were not taken as you admit by inference. You are making absolute statements that are incredible with holes in logic. The original question was a sincere one and is unfortunate if perceived/ignored as such. Employing the us vs you argument? It is impressive to be able to speak for all forums users. Engaging in an non combative and constructive discussion is welcome, your approach is not.

1 Like

Clearly, you have no idea what forum you are on. This is the bug report forum. It is for reporting bugs. It is not for eliciting help or discussing game mechanics. You posted some incorrect information about some vague “bug” that you didn’t elaborate. I asked for clarification and pointed out a statement that was wrong. Instead of clarifying and elaborating on what this “bug” is, you instead attack me. I pointed out that you are wrong, and posted a video showing that the supposed “bug” does not exist.

Instead of continuing to bad mouth me, why not show the bug? This is, after all, the point of this forum. Again, what is the bug that you are reporting? It is clearly not that the Earth Ally passive doesn’t work, because I showed that it does. If there is some other way that it fails, then it is up to you to list the steps to replicate the bug. Otherwise, why are you even here?

That’s because, despite this advice from Blizzard…

…you haven’t listed any steps or, indeed, exactly what you think the bug is. TimberWolf’s video shows that depending on which rune is selected on the Mystic Ally ability, the Monk has a larger health pool when Earth is used rather than Fire, i.e. this appears to be working correctly.

What, exactly, is the bug you’re trying to report?
What, exactly, are the steps to reproduce it?

If you give that information, not only is it more useful for Blizzard, it lets other players test and, potentially, confirm whether the bug you’re reporting exists or not.

2 Likes

My apologies, I did not realize you are the moderator and enforcer of the bug report forum. Claiming to be the victim while being the aggressor, another cliché approach. No one was bad mouthing you and in fact I have shown restraint from making this a personal attack like calling you clueless, wanting, in need of basic game understanding etc. as you have done. I call in into question your approach and absence of civility. Demonstrating a lack of civility with an almost obsessive need to feel self vindicated is perhaps an indicator of other underlying factors and maturity level.

I have since reviewed other posts you have made and this is a common motive operandi of personal insults to posters. So you are unlikely to understand the message being sent and have wasted too much time already trying to differentiate the correctness of game mechanics vs civil discord. I submit, in fact that your actions discourage people from contributing to the quality of the game for concern of being taunted. While
VitaKanien’s post puts the point in a bit stronger manner than I would have, perhaps this is what is warranted in this situation.

1 Like

And for all you words, you still have not clarified what, exactly, is the bug with Earth Ally Mystic.

If you have bothered to check the Bug Report forum, you would have found that the majority of “bugs” are in fact user error. Or already known bugs that have been reported multiple times. Hence the two stickied threads at top.

Since you have done nothing but spew venom, I can only surmise that the “bug” you reported is simply due to the fact that you didn’t account for the 6-set bonus of Inna’s Mantra, and this is yet another case of user error. If my actions discourage users such as you from posting bogus “bug” reports, I don’t find that an issue. You have over 3000 paragon. Would it be too much to ask that you try learning the basics of the game? Or perhaps try doing some more research before posting these so-called bugs?

1 Like

Your approach appears to be arguing with TimberWolf rather than doing this…

Please describe exactly what you think the bug is.
Please describe exactly the steps you take to reproduce it.

That way, other users can test it (either to confirm it’s a bug, or to explain why it’s not) and Blizzard have enough information to investigate if it turns out to be an actual bug.

Currently, there’s no way for other users, or Blizzard, to investigate because your report is too vague, has no steps to replicate it and so no-one even knows if there’s a bug to investigate.

3 Likes

I have a very distinctive feeling this is yet another case of user error and people not reading thoroughly the item effect descriptions.

If one has the Inna 6-piece bonus active, all the passive effects of Mystic Ally are always active, regardless of which rune is selected for the MA. That includes the 20% extra life from the Earth Ally. As the video posted by TimberWolf demonstrates, the Earth Ally rune works as intended when the Inna 6p is deactivated.

Without knowing the exact circumstances where the OP is allegedly experiencing the bug we can’t replicate it and thus to confirm or dismiss it.

2 Likes