DW WW/CC/Rend: AD% focused Idea

https://www.d3planner.com/432460253

Theory Crafting

Psalms 77:18
Your thunder was heard in the whirlwind, Your lightning lit up the world; the earth trembled and quaked.

Lightening Rend

Disclaimer: This is my envisionment of an AD% focused setup. This is not a build, nor do claim this to be viable in anyway.

*138% AD
*46% CDR%
*Zodiac

How to play: WW around to gather density, HC two Rends & pause for 1 second to allow for the chance for AD to proc. If Taeguk drops then WW until full Taeguk stacks are achieved and HC two Tends again, rinse and repeat. Finish off Elite with WW/Rend.

CC 3pc/ Wastes 6pc

Helm (Wastes)

• Strength
  • CHC 6%
  • Vitality
  • Socket: Topaz
  • Secondaries: Physical/Lightning resist
  • Augment: Strength

Shoulder (Wastes)

• Strength
  • Rend 15%
  • All Resist
  • AD 20%
  • Secondaries: Pickup radius or globe bonus

Chest (Wastes)

• Strength
  • Vitality
  • All Resist or Life %
  • Sockets: Diamond or Ruby
  • Secondaries: Reduced melee dmg and reduced ranged dmg

Glove (Wastes)

• Strength
  • AD 20%
  • CHC 10%
  • CHD 50%
  • Secondaries: Stun on hit, Physical resist

Bracer (Mortick’s, Strongarms)

• 20% Lightening Damage
  • Strength
  • Vitality
  • CHC 6%

Belt (CC)

• Strength
  • Vitality
  • All Resist
  • Life%
  • Secondaries: Physical resist)

Pants (CC)

• Strength
  • Vitality
  • All Resist
  • Secondaries: Globe bonus
  • Augment: Ruby or Diamond

Boots (Wastes)

• Strength
  • Vitality
  • All Resist
  • Armor
  • Secondaries: Globe bonus

Ambo’s and Odyn’s Son

• Strength
  • 10% Dmg
  • 24% AD
  • Socket: Emerald
  • Secondaries: Any except Fear

Ring 1 (Unity)

• CHC 6%
  • CHD 50%
  • 15% Elite Damage
  • Socket

Ring 2 (RRoG)

• STR
  • LoH
  • CHD 50%
  • Socket

CUBE

• Furnace
  • Zodiac
  • Lamentation

SKILLS

• WotB
  • OP: Kill Spree
  • Rend: Lacerate
  • BR: Fray
  • WC: Immunity
  • WW: BF

PASSIVES

• Relentless
  • WM
  • Rampage
  • Superstition

GEMS

• Stricken
  • BotT
  • Taeguk

Are we trying to be different for the sake of being different?

Lightning Rend.
Area Damage.
Three CD’s on Zodiac with relatively low CDR, with periodic hard casting of Rend.

If you really want to make use of AD inside of Wastes, why not just play pure WW? Surely it makes a bit more sense, than forcefully lowering your damage output?

Not really. I just really think that AD has a much bigger role in WW Rend and I’m trying to brainstorm how.

Keel was also asking. I thinking to myself if AD would work better with DW than with 2H and I the answer is yes.

AD based off Rend is to be far greater than WW and is more efficient.

Sorry DH, but I’m not feeling the love.

One of the problems of the way rend used to be incorporated into the wastes set, and which is still an issue for hard casting, was that you had to stop i.e. it interrupts ww. That makes you vulnerable, especially in the middle of density. Casting rend twice would be even worse.

I notice that you recommend 46% cdr, but don’t have cdr on any item, nor even a diamond in the helm. Does captain crimson’s give you 46%?

And I’m unsure about your reasoning for dual wield rend being better than 2H. Rend damage used to be based off the main hand. That may have changed, admittedly I could be wrong. If it hasn’t, then manually cast rends, and hence their AD, would be stronger with a 2H. What you get with DW is more but weaker autocast rends (which don’t proc AD).

1 Like

Hey Gooball.

Don’t want to crimp DH’s style, but figured I’d shed a little light on a couple of the issues you touch on.

Stopping WW will indeed make you more likely to die, but mainly because it immediately cuts off most of the healing you would be getting from Blood Funnel / BR:STP / LPH. The Wastes (4) bonus carries on for 3 seconds after you stop WW, which when dual wielding is enough to HC Rend at least 6 times.

HC Rend damage is still based off your main hand weapon (Ambo-Rend oscillates between hands). The reason dw would be better is because of Lamentation: when HC-ing Rend, you do see a significant DPS gain as your aps climbs towards 2.0, since Lamentation makes it possible for Rend to stack twice. (With Ambo-Rend, in contrast, you apply 2 stacks almost instantly, even at the lowest possible sheet aps).

That said, if you could use a 2H weapon and still hit 2.0 aps, or near that anyway, that would be the best dps for hard-casting.

2 Likes

I’m theorizing, that’s all.

@Gooball

CC and Paragon points give a 28% RCR which is effectively DR. Players can HC 2 times per second after the second cast. Each cast is 15 points of LpFS at 5000+ and LoH bracers/helm (so there is some sustain coming in), so you won’t exactly be a sitting duck.

CC gives 20% CDR, helm 12.5, Paragon 10%, and FoT 8% which 46% total CDR.

DW seem better overall as Rage stated, though HC works better with 2H. I’m still going to test if 2H can work with this setup, give or take a few tweaks that will accommodate for a 2H.

2 Likes

how about drop istvan for furnance (group elite killing) just speculating

https://www.d3planner.com/196097191

with istvan dmg to elites on physical phase = 36.8 trillion dps

with furnance primal dmg to elites on physical phase = 67.5 trillion dps

game changed baby, screw duals !
tho i think its not enough to catch up on as.s crusader

with istvan its 2.2 attack per second. does that mean with furnance it will be about 1.5 attack per second therefore it wont be able make two stacks ? do i get it right ?

I feel like the Bloodbath rune is Blizzard’s way of giving Rend “Area Damage.” That rune melts density once something dies and triggers a sort of chain reaction.