Duplication of gems

Hello,

is there a game mechanic that allows to clone gems or is this a bug?

Greetings

This is not a bug. it is intended.

1 Like

Oh ok so i dont get banned ty so much. I can use it, as it is not an exploit!
Ty so much. I never have to grind gems at all anymore ty Blizzard.

The other person might’ve thought you meant Broken Crown. When you get caught using exploits, and banhammer hits, ‘but that person said~’ excuse will not save you from the consequences. If you think some interaction is a bug/exploit, explain in detail.

Or, if you legitimately think you’ve uncovered a gem duping exploit, perhaps don’t post details on the forums and instead report it to hacks@blizzard.com

If we are just talking about Broken Crown in Vaults or Rainbow Portals, that’s obviously not an exploit though.

How do I know if its an exploit or a feature?

Clarifying…

Broken Crown
When the hero wears the Broken Crown helm, or has it as the active Armour power in Kanai’s Cube, it causes this effect…

Whenever a gem drops, a gem of the type socketed into your helmet also drops. This effect does not apply to Legendary Gems.

So, let’s say your helm has a diamond in it. Whenever a marquise or imperial gem drops, of any colour, you’ll also get a drop of a corresponding level of diamond, i.e. if an imperial ruby drops, you’ll get an imperial diamond too.

Legendary Gems
Whenever you successfully complete a Greater Rift (i.e. you beat the 15 minute time limit) one of the items the Guardian will drop is a legendary gem. There are 23 legendary gems in the game. One of those is only available during the Darkening of Tristram event, which occurs every January.

Guardians will continue to drop one of the 22 gems (other than the Red Soul Shard from the event) that you do not have until you have all of them. At that point Guardians will no longer drop a legendary gem on GR completion. However, what the Guardian sees as valid to drop is based entirely on the gems are available to your hero, follower and stash at the time the GR is completed. So, you can switch to another hero, take some gems from the stash into their inventory, switch back to your main hero and run GRs again, and the Guardians will drop the gems that it can’t see (i.e. the ones you put in your other hero’s inventory).

Another way to do this, albeit more risky, is to drop a legendary gem on the ground in town before going into the GR. The Guardian will drop another of those gems because it’s not on your hero, follower or in your stash. You could repeatedly do this, dropping the same gem on the ground each time, and build up a collection of the same gem on the ground in town, then pick them all up. This is risky purely because if you get a disconnect or the game crashes, you lose everything on the ground.

Summary
Unless you’re talking about these two scenarios, any other way that you may have heard of that even hints at duplicating gems, i.e. if you had 100 rubies, turning them into 200 rubies, or whatever, is an exploit and if you get found to have used it, you’re likely to lose your account.

1 Like

I am pretty sure any kind of duplication is fine. As several people pointed out already. And i cant see any statement from Blizzard, saying otherwise. So as long as they dont respond in the near future, they accept this obviously.

Regardless of how sure you feel, you’re wrong.
You should check out the End User License Agreement…

License Limitations . Blizzard may suspend or terminate your license to use the Platform, or parts, components and/or single features thereof, if you violate, or assist others in violating, the license limitations set forth below. You agree that you will not, in whole or in part or under any circumstances, do the following:

1. cheats; i.e. methods not expressly authorized by Blizzard, influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay, including exploits of any in-game bugs, and thereby granting you and/or any other user an advantage over other players not using such methods

Again, if you’re thinking of doing this, you’re going to lose your account.

I dont know if its a game feature, so i dont know if its an exploit. Not my mistake to make a buggy game. If i cant play the game anymore, its time for D3Refunded maybe.

I give up.
Do as you will.