Dumb question, Ultrawide screen?

just another dumb question, did they fix/or do something about ultra widescreen? or should i invest in a new monitor :D???

2 Likes

What do you mean fix or do something?

Do you mean compared to D2 resolution and aspect ratio or did you experience a bug in alpha or ? It says it handles 4k resolution so 4096 x 2160 so it goes above my 3440×1440.

it does that fine :smiley: but one with a tiny 1080p monitor cant see as far as a 4k monitor, they have futher reach and sight

Ohhh okay your worried about the unfair advantage of views between ultrawide players and standard.

Ummm I haven’t heard anything but at best I would think PVP could put a blocker on view so the end up seeing the same but on normal runs and game play I doubt they would hamper anyone’s view for older hardware.

Ultrawides are the future, human vision naturally sees more horizontal. In any case I would invest in an ultrawide, you will never go back.

would be nice to know, and yes that was what i meant, the same goes for teleport distance.
you are prolly right and i have thought of that, gonna be while before i can afford one, just upgraded my pc :smiley:

Ya a few people have been wondering but I don’t think I’ve seen any news. I don’t PVP much but you always get that one guy that likes to fight.

i do :smiley: but i dont go hostile in random games only in pvp duels

I felt like highlander though I had a good sense of the guy that would randomly hostile, you can sense when they enter your game, they act off.

there are sadly people like that, going hostile for no reason :unamused:

I’m weird though I don’t mind it, it adds randomness to the day.

it does add spice to the game, but never been much of a fan of a guy who just comes in and kills people during a chaos run

If you’re talking about teleportation disadvantage in 16:9 aspect ratio, I hope it’ll be fixed for final product. I remember seeing players are able to teleport at greater distance in ultrawide aspect ratio whether it’s 21:9 or 32:9, but that was during the Alpha test phase. Hopefully in the beta test, it should be more polished than ever, compared to the Alpha test.

Gonna be Pay to win for PvP, who ever can afford ultra wide monitors hah

This really depends on the matchup, but yes it needs to be addressed.

If not, I assume the community will agree on rules to further gimp advantages, but that would suck and shouldn’t be necessary, will be bad for pubbies for sure.

we might find out when beta rolls out :slight_smile: