Dropping fps, choppy play

Having issues with gameplay lately. I used to have higher fps 100+ but lately its been dropping to about 60ish when standing still and would drop down to sometimes 12 fps when moving or mobs on screen. All drivers updated and tried multiple settings in nvidia control panel as well as setting screen. Full power performance on power settings, vsync off. Low GPU and CPU utilization when playing. Tried uninstalling, CCleaner, and reinstalling but no help.

i7 7700k
gtx1070 fe
watercooled and temps would never get above 50c on both gpu and cpu
16 GB ddr4 3000mhz ram
installed on SSD

Have you tried switching it to 32bit version on the battlenet app?
When you open it, in the Diablo 3 section there is an option button right above the commercials/info and from there you can select “launch 32 bit”. Might give it a try, cause some people had trouble with the 64 bit version

Hi:

Are you using a Razer mouse and/or keyboard ? If so, see:

The FPS issue has been around since beta unfortunately.
The real issue is that Blizz chose a bad gaming engine that has poor CPU management.

Try setting the D3 process to high priority, and set affinity to 2 or 3 cores. This is the ONLY remedy that helps, but does not fix the problem.

Tried 32 bit and no changes. No Razer software or hardware on computer. I know this has been a known issue for a while but I do not understand why all of a sudden this would happen when I was running 100+ fps last season

the game engine is so buggy that i can vary fps daily! try my cpu suggestion.

Tried setting affinity to both 2 and 3 cores and no changes. I also unparked cores with no help. I did notice that while in game my gpu clock speed was at 1500mhz but in the menu/lobby when i left game, it bumped up to 1900 mhz