Drop Rates In D2 Resurrected

The drop rates are fine. Only let all rune words be made even after the ladder.

Instead change to this:

In ladder and single player: 2 runes in cube = 1 higher rune.
Outside ladder and other multiplayer games: 3 runes in cube = 1 higher rune.

1 Like

So what do I do after I have completely equipped all 7 classes one week into the new Ladder?

Iā€™d probably quit the game - at least thatā€™s what I did after giving D3 a 2nd chance because some people told me that it got ā€œso much betterā€.

But you didnt talk about mechanics, you talked about drop rates in d3 players want here and i didnt honestly see here much about that here.

Its kind of weird that you started with that and in next few sentences you wanted to raise drop rates :slight_smile:

I feel alot of people played d2 back when it was really popping off, patch 1.8 and 1.9 these 2 patches were know for having absolutely ridiculous low rune drop rates so the meta was farming bosses over and over but thatā€™s the old meta, rune drops have been buffed a number of times since then and you wont find any runes running baals and meph i feel alot of people donā€™t understand this.

D2 doesnā€™t really have much longevity or any good endgame experience. Except for increasing wealth, farming over and over and seeing that high rune or expensive item drop is what keeps the game fun.
If D2R would have drops like D3, there would be no reason or fun in playing D2R.

D3 keeps the game active with people farming for perfect stats (primals) and high rifts but the base loot is earned within a day or 2. You canā€™t have that in D2R.

1 Like

I do agree that drop rates should not change how ever i propose an issue and a wrench in the logic.

Ladder season was cut from 6 months down to 3 monthsā€¦

Thus half the time means double the drop rate? No one is talking about this all you see i dont know i like shorter seasons or maybe 4 months no one is sitting there going uhhhh they said

3 months what about drop rates? Can we get them ladder rune words in non ladder?

Ooh I did not know thatā€¦ Not surprising with D3 though. Thats awful, I dont want to only find Sorc gear a larger % of the time, I want to MF for all characters, ones I am building and other gear to trade others for gear I need.

1 Like

Yeah this is the one thing some people donā€™t understandā€¦in EVERY other arpg, every char has a movement skill that is quite balanced, maybe we want to have 1 game that is a little different. A lot of people donā€™t like that early season push and wish their din could teleport from lvl 18, too. I like that early season sorc push, and trying to gear multiple chars at once, finally that feeling of accomplishment when you make Enigma for one of themā€¦

Iā€™m glad they donā€™t seem to want to balance everything. A balanced D2 would be a worse D2.

2 Likes

Assuming that the resurrected version of the game will make using bots a lot more difficult AND that they are planning to make ladder seasons shorter, I agree that the drop rates of runes should be raised. Most of the people whoā€™ll play this are old stinkers like me, who have jobs these days and even families. 6 hours play time a day is not an option. The nice rune words such as infinity, heart of the oak, call to Arms would only be achievable - if at all - outside of ladder seasons if drop rates on runes do not improve.

Or have the stupid Rune Inflation from bots and get your runes from torch trading.r

Why so many necros latelyā€¦ and I donā€™t mean the necromancer from D2.

1 Like

Runes are fine and were buffed years ago. They are nothing like they were then. The drop rates for this game are fine. The best equipment should be ridiculously hard to find.

Only thing you could ā€˜doā€™ that might somehow make itā€¦ easier? for melee classes is to increase the odds of a weapon rolling fools mod or enhanced damage(200+ed). Thatā€™s really it - but even that would be going too far probably.
Iā€™ve played on an off for years and still havenā€™t found every unique.

Drop rates all good imo. If anything increase it for the normal uniques only so when leveling it is easier to actually acquire and use immediately.

i think the rune drops rate for vex + should be increased, but other than thatā€¦ drop rates are fine.
that being said i havenā€™t played on realm for a while soo my memory might be slightly fuzzy

i just remeber finding HR by playing legitmantly flat out didnt happen more than once or twice a season if u were absurdly luckyā€¦ i think i found 2-3 over 10 years on realmā€¦ granted well over 2/3rd of ten years were pre 1.13, but still.

they need to be increased

hell i played patc of diablo with players 8 loot on in single players games and i cant even get a hr the first month of the season

For the love of god, please leave drop rates alone. Please, there are a thousand games that cater to uber casuals and noobs, PLEASE just let us real gamers have this one, just one, please?

If you are a casual with only 20 mins a week to play, why do you need super rare equipment? You donā€™t.

1 Like

3 SOLUTIONS. pick one

1. Increase rune drop rate.
  2. Keep the ladder season at 6 months.
  3. Have all current ladder exclusive rune words available in normal ie. no ladder exclusive rune words.

I think no.2 is the best option, 3 month ladder is a bad idea for many reasons imo.

no droprate changes -.-
play D3.
and if you dont have time to farm or play then this is YOUR Problem.
stop asking if you can mess up the game with this crap.

2 Likes

I need to disagree. The mods keeps D2 alive because they change a bit. We donā€™t need a drop fest like D3, but something more reasonable is needed. Like @iWushock said, 2 hours is probably what majority of players have. Some of us are dads an other grandpas :laughing: .

2 Likes

Why are they needed? Very few people will 100% complete a character with 9x45 life gcs in 1 ladder season, but every single character is able to defeat Hell Baal with minimal gear, on first playthrough.

Why do drop rates need a buff? they seem pretty well perfect in a game with trading so central.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, totally. Another elitistā€¦ I think I have the same right to achieve, Iā€™m not saying 100%, but letā€™s say 70% of the game with more balanced drops? Or is this game made just for those who can waste their lives spending 8 hours in front of a game?

2 Likes

Unnecessary. I will have the same struggles you do, I wonā€™t have an infinite time to play, either. I simply disagree with changes to the drop table, I do not think that makes me elitist at all.

Thing is, I think youā€™ll do just fine. What is it you really want to achieve, and in what timeframe?

I think it is a good thing that every player will not achieve an infinity, or an enigma, every single ladder season.

I donā€™t think everyone should have a 30% deathā€™s fathom. They are very difficult to find, it will likely take me 5 years to find one, if that.

The game is easy to defeat, but I would argue your 70% is already achievable, even with only an hour a day invested, on average.