Downvote Button

Can I?

If other people start responding to it and quoting it, it takes over the thread. Without a mute or dislike option, my only option is to just not come to the forums which seems more fascist to me. Those of you interested in reading every reply, even the ones claiming 1+1=7 can still read every reply by clicking on show post on those posts.

3 Likes

It’s largely an “over time” thing, really, with it having been pretty bad after the prior Blizzcon. Personally, I’ve given PoE 3 distinct chances to win me over over the years, and it failed each time. There are aspects I found clunky and archaic, that others may agree are weaknesses, while some may cite as strengths if only to be contrarian. And if I’m being honest, the game is old enough by now that if someone who regularly plays ARPGs hasn’t heard of it, then their head has simply been in the sand. That said, we don’t need people coming here to tell us a new season has started or when it will there, what their next expansion/patch/whatever is going to do, rationalize their cash grab system, what their staff plans on talking about after Blizzcon, or whatever. You can figure most people are here for D3. PoE has their own boards. If one cares that much, visit them.

And while comparisons are fine to point, you can’t really deny some people come off more like they’re advertising the game than just saying they like it. I also have no problem with people liking it. What I do have problem with is often those same people belittling those who don’t or take it a step further to bash D3 players for their preference or spew the whole “the TRUE Diablo successor!” nonsense. And that’s all the more reason why attentive moderation is important, because a bunch of random desk jockeys responding to a reported post aren’t going to understand the true nuance of the trolling when they’re not immediately seeing slurs, profanities, or other obvious ToS-related offenses. It’s like EU recognizing loot boxes are gambling, but their legalese hasn’t caught up with the times yet to truly classify and handle it. Same thing here, just a social convention.