Double Bounties as Mid-season Buff - Official

See:

Diablo III Celebrates 10 Years - Diablo III (blizzard.com)

1 Like

Anybody knows wether the double bounties apply only to Seasons and not Non Seasons ??

In the writeup, it is only seasons.

3 Likes

Not sure why people do not read the blog.

"All bounties will be doubled from now until Season 26 ends."

3 Likes

Great decision on their part. People like mid season buffs, and love the double bounty buff in particular! Bounties are not really fun, and if someone has to do them, getting more rewards feels a lot better.

3 Likes

about time to have reason to do season 26

The blog states the duration of the buff, i.e. until the season ends. It does not specifically say that the buff would only be to seasonal heroes (even if that’s what they’ve actually done). For example, there are those of us that remember the blog for Season 15

Season 15 will continue the experiment we began last season with a new seasonal buff. This time, for the duration of Season 15, all Horadric Caches earned from bounties will be doubled. This means that each time you complete a full set of five bounties in an Act, you will receive not one, but two Horadric Caches, for twice the bounty rewards!

There are a few things to keep in mind with this effect:

• The bonus cache does benefit from difficulty level; it is essentially as though you completed twice the bounties.
    • The rewards inside the Horadric Caches are otherwise unaffected; drop rates or the amount of individual rewards have not been altered.
  • The bonus cache earned from Challenge Rifts is not affected; this is a separate type of cache.

That was the entire theme of Season 15, i.e. double bounty caches, and that would last for the duration of the season. However, the buff to the caches was applied to both seasonal and non-seasonal heroes, even though the blog did not specify this. So, it was entirely valid to ask whether this buff would also affect non-seasonal heroes, as there’s a precedent for them having done this.

1 Like

I just ran NS act 1, T13, they were not double. It only took 5 minutes to check. Funny how that works.

1 Like

So, why did you have to run some non-seasonal bounties to check?
Could it be because the information wasn’t in the blog you told people to read?

2 Likes

The sad thing is that this will widen the divide between solo and group players…groups will effectively get 8 bounty sets per hour, whilst solo players 2 (on average). Groups will get far better opportunities to use and abuse the reforge recipe for better gear.

As to ENs being made permanent, YUCK. Terrible decision. They are garbage. Blizzard had a great feature in s25, which should have been made permanent, which was ignored. Instead, we get these VERY crappy ENs. Blizzard really has problems with listening to its customers imho.

edit: double bounties are worthless without an increase in FS drop rates. Most players cannot keep up with bounty mats cos FS are very limited in comparison. So, double bounty caches are a complete waste imho.

I am vastly unimpressed.

1 Like

5x GR90 runs = 50-60 legendaries
Plus ones you get from 1-2 nephs you ran to get keystones.

Assuming 3-4 minutes/run:
15-20 minutes to complete GRs plus time you need to salvage those in town (mainly PC thing since inventory is much bigger on console).

So, let’s assume that a T16 Nephalem Rift gets you 4 GR keys (solo with emanating follower). That means for every NR you run, you get keys to do 4 GRs. Let’s also assume they each take 3 minutes so in an hour you run 4 NRs and 16 GRs. Let’s say 5 legendaries per NR, and 11 per GR, with an extra 25 from all the bloodshards. That means you get (4 * 5) + (16 * 11) + 25 = 221 legendaries. Now, 10% of those will be ancient, and worth 3 forgotten souls each, the other 90% are worth one forgotten soul each, so that’s roughly 265 forgotten souls.

You then run bounties for an hour, let’s assume you can get four sets done. At T16, with the double bounty cache buff active, you get 4 * 44 of each material, i.e. 176 of each material.

Okay, but the Reforge Legendary recipe requires 5 of each bounty material, and 50 forgotten souls for each attempt. 176 bounty materials means you have sufficient for 35 reforges. However, that requires 35 * 50 forgotten souls = 1750 forgotten souls.

Now, remember, we were obtaining 265 forgotten souls an hour for doing 3 minute NRs + GRs so at that rate we’d need 1750 / 265 = 6.6 hours.

So, to make use of an hour’s worth of bounty materials, you’d need 6.6 hours of NRs + GRs.

1 Like

25 bounties in 15 minutes is impossible.

Because you tried to make an issue of it, now get off my lawn before I send the forum clown after you.

I was showing that the blog, which you’d told people to read, didn’t contain the information. The fact that you had to check in-game, proved my point.

I’ll get off your lawn if it’s to come sit on the porch and drink a big mug of tea.

2 Likes

Cold of hot? :tea: :kiss:

Piping hot Earl Grey, black, one sugar, slice of lemon.
Ideal stuff for sipping whilst I do loads of bounties.

1 Like

Vanilla with honey is better.

Bounties are boring which is why I haven’t done a bounty in non-season in years.

I don’t like bounties mostly because you have to group for efficiency.

Other than doing the fewest amount of bounties necessary to complete seasons, I don’t do bounties unless there is a double bounty bonus. That’s the only time during seasons that I group.

The last time I stocked up on bounties was Season 21 in 2020. I built up to 8000 bounty mats/each and that has lasted me for the last 2 years.

In non-season, I currently have 98 legendary bounty mats. I have 68,503 forgotten souls.

I’ll put up with grouping and plan to run bounties for the rest of the season, build up to about 10K mats each and not do them again for 2 years.

Darjeeling. Milky. 2 sugars or sweeteners. that’s the bomb.