Don't nerf barb ww rend

1. Most of the players don’t want it nerfed.

2. It’s not overpowered at all. At about GR 110+, it kills boss so slow, it’s hitting a cap, compared to other classes. So there is no need to nerf it.

17 Likes

I do not know explicitly about the final PTR leaderboard. When I checked last, there were at least 40 people who soloed grift 130 in non-season on the PTR. I am not sure why you think it is hitting a cap at GR 110+.

@TuneOut

Since I do not want to bump this thread, I did post the numbers with paragon levels.

Let’s think this though:
Pre-nerf Wizard did 137 on non-season PTR and 5&7 grifts higher on the current era live (America vs. world America/EU/Asia), respectively. Please remember the solo non-season leaderboard was not reset. The 137 is a pre-nerf clear. Barbs on non-season PTR did 140. Many posters argued that wizards are OP and Blizzard agreed and they are being nerfed. What do you think the top grift clear will be for non-season barbs if the current buffs go live as is?

Non season. For someone always making 10000 pages of numbers, how about a look at those players paragon points etc.
As stated before.
A Wizard prenerf made a 144 with 6k paragon points I believe.
The highest Barbarian at 140 has 10k.

15 Likes

In ptr season I was able to clear a gr 110 with 800 paragon and completely unoptimized gear (only rerolled weapon stats), 2 level 25 gems, zero augments, and 8k main stat. I was also able to do 100s in about 5 minutes pretty easily. Seasonal buff helped for sure. That being said I’ve never experienced a class that can do those grifts with those paragon and such unoptimized numbers on gear. Make of that whatever you want.

as i said earlier i did the exact same thing with dh shadow thats no proof, you only saw barbs that high because it was the only class with buffs so ppl wanted to play barb there was no insentive with the other aside underperforming new sets

What do you think the top group clear for DPS Wiz vs DPS WW barb will be if the buffs go live? Because currently one class (Wiz) owns top dps for both categories. In the case of the group setup no other class comes close to wiz.

5 Likes

For solo wizards, 142ish
For solo barbs 145ish

I’ll take darkpatators estimated range of 144-146 for ww/rend barbs (He posted why this build can clear much higher than his non-season 140 on the forum). For wizards, a 2 grift drop due to Chantodo nerf but squirt fix)

Let me think about group clears. I’ll update later.

The caveat to group clears is that since season 4, monks and barbs are always in the 4-man meta (as supports), but at least they have a spot unlike other classes.

Show us this in formula if you want to assert that WW is going to be stronger than wiz.

Balancing around an outlier is a huge mistake also.

LOL because no other class is allowed to dps at wiz potential and because no other class was allowed to zdps at Barb/Monk level.

5 Likes

There is no formula but based on the leaderboards (live and PTR +additional information). **There are only 27 greater rift clears of 140 and above in non-seasons across all America/EU/Asia in the current era for all classes combined. **We are comparing the tippy top to the tippy top. All these people have crazy high paragon and insanely impressive gear.

Other classes besides wizards have been DPS since season 4.

What I actually ment was the difference in damage multipliers between Wiz/Barb.

Not talking about table data of gr clears from this ptr which are so biased (player count/Wiz deliberate low balling clear potential) they couldn’t possibly be used as a valid measure.

1 Like

to nerf a build because of the estimation of 1 player with 10,5k+ paragon would be ridiculous…don’t take something for a fact that didn’t happen

edit: 1 missing augment does almost nothing to him with his mainstat, and the rune could be a wrong hunch on his part for all we know^^

9 Likes

Darkpatator is right that FoT should be worth 1-1.5 tiers. He also has room to improve his gear (e.g. he used a non-ancient/non-primal shoulder and therefor is missing augments), he used a wrong rune for one of his skills according to him, etc…

I have also looked at grift clears at or above 131 (and 126 for that matter) to get away from these tippy top clears. The numbers indicate that barbs are already top 2. The only question that remains is if post-nerf wizards will drop below them, so that barbs will be #1. I am fine with them being number 1. I just would prefer barbs not to be OP.

Summary: #1 fine, OP not fine.

The top potential of a build is more than simply the absolute potential for DPS. It is about how that DPS can be applied to progress the grift, survivability, grouping mobs, etc…

1 Like

I mean you’re definitely not wrong in that the barb was the most pushed class so obviously they’re going to have the best numbers. At this point the community really seems to want these buffs to go through as is. While I have reservations about it being a little too OP if it makes everybody happy then blizz should probably let them go through.

That being said, I do hope they nerf the 15 kill streak tornados, the 30 kill streak geysers, and the angels.

Another thing that throws off all the numbers in ptr is that the barb ww is literally perfect to benefit from the seasonal buff, especially tornados and geyser. So maybe I’m wrong :slight_smile:

When you say community how are you defining this? Most players do not visit the forum. If I had to guess, the majority of players want balance where there are no weak classes or classes that are OP.

Do you mean the community of people who visit the forums and choose to actually post/give a like?

Yet sadly this EXACT thing has been done before.

2 Likes

Does a 3 GR difference equate to barb being OP?? If all the classes were within 3-5 GRs I believe that would be the closest we would have ever had to balance in this game. Look we aren’t going to have absolute balance in this game and the major impasse is in GR RNG and the mechanics that have to play out in order to complete the highest of clears. If we got all the classes within the 3-5 range…I think Blizz would have done a good job.

That’s just balance on the top end. The final balancing would be making sure all classes have build that can perform speeds for xp/gem ups. This is the majority of game play that takes place, especially during seasons. Let’s be honest there are only a few people in the world that will actually be even attempting GR140. However, we will all be doing speeds and gems ups for the majority of our game play.

My only question is…what’s more important, balance on the top end or balance in every day game play?

6 Likes

I’ve only ever been concerned about balance for normal play. Not elite gr pushing. Yes the build seems op to me in my testing as it is essentially good at every aspect of the game, but at this point it’s whatever. The communities I am referencing are the forums and reddit and the twitch steamer channels I visit. Most people on those mediums approve of the barb changes.

At this point, I’d rather have blizz spend their time buffing the new sets (hugely…) and getting the kill streak bonuses in line.

I’m ok with a 1% nerf btw, just to shut the nerf callers up :stuck_out_tongue:

Woah there buddy, let’s not go overboard there or you’re going to get roasted to the ground.