Don't Change Things

Yeah, definitely don’t change the glorious interface of D2. It’s the best!

No, really, change the interface, add more shortcuts for skills, turn the stamina bar into a small stamina ring.

2 Likes

It’s barely playable now and will only get worse as operating systems and technology changes. Please stop saying “just go play the original”.

5 Likes

Man, this repeated statement is so silly. The entire point of D2R is to unearth Diablo II so we can actually enjoy it again with nice graphics. How do you guys continually ignore how important new graphics and network updates are in order to enjoy playing Diablo II?

But that argument somehow pales to this, which is absurdly repeated as well:

Bots are not Diablo II, Chibling. Poor Chibling.

Some changes could be OK, like unlimited cow king. This ridiculous argument of “Oh, so you’re OK with some changes, but you’re against other changes?! Hypocrite!!” is so small-minded and vapid, I’m honestly surprised to see it so much. Maybe I shouldn’t be, but I haven’t been on Blizzard forums before D2R.

But please, Blizzard, you’re incredible – Diablo II is a historical monument, and is such a special, unique gaming experience. Any change deeper than the very superficial will alter the spirit of the game which is the reason for its vitality.

Such a great post, Fracture! So worth reading, expresses the sentiment wonderfully.

9 Likes

Post count follows you across the Diablo forums. He joined the forum on:

• 17 March 2020. You joined on: 20 Feb 2021

This might be what he was trying to help you with from the Code of Conduct.

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics
  • Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Cross Linking Threads

This category includes:

• Linking to threads from other forums
  • Creating threads with the sole purpose of linking another post

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums

“The needs of the many outway the needs of the few.”- Spock

Thanks you for sharing. Looks like I’m safe! Didn’t know that about cross-game forum post count.

I joined the forums to discuss D2R. I didn’t join D3 forums because I have nothing to try and contribute to a game that is end of life. Though I’ve played Diablo 3 off and on since launch.

Maybe if I did contribute it would be in a better state.

“If your friends tell you to jump off a cliff, will you do it?” -Paraphrased old home wisdom saying from somewhere. And it’s outweigh.

Furthermore, I believe Blizzard would be best served financially by offering a variety of gaming experiences across its impressive library - diversified portfolio, ya know? True variety in their library is healthy.

Historic Diablo II made playable with graphic and network updates, Diablo III, IV - that’s a healthy variety.

3 Likes

Absolutely I would, if its a tiny cliff or if it saves my life.

I concur with that statement.

Shared stash is tilting you? WHAAAT??! This is either troll, or you need to go back to your basement.

If they make changes there should be a “classic mode” check box like they do with Hardcore.

1 Like

Please no, that would just split the player base even more.
I guess that is needed for if/when an expansion comes out, so: classic, LOD, XP3 and hardcore for each of those.
But before that, please don’t add more check boxes when creating characters.

1 Like

… with less than 30 fps. You guys really pretend not to understand, what a remaster is good for…

4 Likes

dont change anything but 3 things:
HD graphics, shared stash tabs, runewords work outside ladder aswell.
First two are confirmed so far.

4 Likes

D2 has always been the psychopath’s dream: take full advantage of everyone else without regard or social consequences. Some of us want to be able to play with strangers, otherwise smart people avoid psychopath behaviour by protecting themselves: playing alone. PERFECT gaming experience.

I guess?
I take it more as. “The world is full of unfairness, its our job to combat the unfairness.”

Psychopaths dream, huh? I think I can live with that if you must label it as so.

2 Likes

D2 is not the real world, it is strangers that owe each other nothing. Sometimes you can sow a relationship with a stranger, particularly if you are just playing with one other person and someone offers generosity first which is reciprocated. This happens via chatting, engaging in the game, killing stuff cooperatively.

Unfortunately, this rarely happens as most often people are in a “psychopath” mindset: callous disregard for the needs of others, total sefishness. People without a social relationship with you are just random strangers, no reciprocity, only an opportunity for personal gains. That is the default mode, no chatting, only seagull sniping. Only friends or clans or solo is then the behavioural outcome.

I don’t know why people think personal loot will encourage cooperation. Instead, personal loot actually removes so much incentive to work together - the gameplay becomes pure, dull dps everywhere. Players silently dps and have to think of nothing else.

Personal loot removes a dimension of depth from games. It removes much of the incentive to communicate and it separates players into their own private experiences. We are fighting in one world with the way Diablo II was designed, while I’ve found personal loot makes a multiplayer game feel like a single player experience. It’s also seriously messes with immersion - it makes no sense to only see “our” items, unless each character is really detached from one another and interacting in a holographic, unreal world.

That’s what’s going on in real life, but as you said Chibl, D2 is not the real world.

So I find what I’ve quoted you saying to be generally more true of the personal loot experience.

Really, though, D2R specifically is about playing Diablo II again with pretty graphics, network upgrades, and a basic adjustment to some systems which don’t branch out. Introducing entirely new gameplay modes is not a restoration of Diablo II, and such new designs would influence and change what Diablo II systems had been left unaltered.

You may think, “Good, change D2!”, but that is not what Diablo II: Resurrected is supposed to be. Thankfully for you, Diablo IV looks like it may be exactly what you’re looking for – more of D2’s aesthetic with your personal loot and other “convenient” systems. So why insist on changing what D2 is when it is literally the only option fans of this style have?

5 Likes

I would like there to be an option. You don’t need a D3 system, keep loot rate and randomization the EXACT same, shuffle it across players with 10 second timer to become free for all. It would feel less like you are in your own world loot wise than D3. Something to consider, as an option. May not even be feasible to implement code-wise but we can only hope and ask.

For people in favor of personal loot, I refer you to my post in this other thread. I would like to hear your thoughts on the questions I raise there.

How would it be allocated?In what system does personal loot exist and avoid a “free gear for all/ lets hand-hold every player and give them participation trophies” mentality?

They already made changes and have said they are open to more.

1 Like