Don't Change Things

Then you should beg on Path of Diablo, Median XL and Project diablo II forums for your customized version. Dare waiting 10 more years for Diablo III Regurgitated ; or play its uncountable of RPG clones.

7 Likes

“I love and am looking forward to this game!!! I just want
This
That
This other thing
And about 50 more things changed.
It won’t change the gameplay I promise!!!”

Yeah. Sure. Im not even 100% on the auto gold pickup.(I ALWAYS pick up my gold) But I can’t find a reasonable argument for not wanting shared stash. Thats a QOL improvement i can get behind.

Most of these other changes. ESPECIALLY anything to do with loot, sound pretty unreasonable. How much extra time do you really think balancing something like that is going to take? Well, add at least a month to whatever you said. Its not just going to be changing a few values in the code, they will have to write brand new stuff, and meld it into whatevers already there, trust me, that hardly ever goes as planned. Especially in 20 year old code.
Then when they THINK they’ve got it right, playtested, green lit. Players are going to find some way to exploit some or most of it to something that the devs didn’t forsee. Because that’s how players are.

So add another couple weeks to that to make sure they’ve ironed out the issues presented.

This isn’t even considering people complaining that “nothing is dropping for them” or “we are gearing up way too fast now due to X”.

Which adds months to the development time. When, really. Its not broken. There’s honestly nothing wrong with the way it works now. Sure its unfair for some. But, WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO BE FAIR!?! When I was growing up, nothing was fair, you learned to work around it. “Suck it up buttercup.”

I dont plan on jumping into any multi-player games with people I dont know/trust enough to not just snag all the loot for themselves unless im just going for the xp and not planning on getting drops. Ive always played ranged. Thats what I like.

This is what D2 has always been.
“But we can make it BETTER?”

No, I really dont think you can. I think this is one of those instances which was just a perfect storm, on purpose or not. If you change ANY of the fundamentals of the game, skills, items, loot. You WILL change the game. Like it or not.

Those are facts. I want to play D2R. Not D2.5R, we can save that until after release and we have a few seasons under our belts. THEN I MIGHT be okay with some of these changes being >optional<.

12 Likes

oh so you are a minecraft fan? cool stay in that game.

i prefer the more darker games like this diablo. its gonna be pretty dope to have an improved d2 later this year, maybe you will like it?

There is you and prob 10 others on this forums that is trying to insult the rest of the playerbase for wanting changes. you are a wery little minority on here and outside of the forums, just accept it and go on with your life and enjoy things to come.

2 Likes

Just like you agree that some changes announced are great, there are more changes that can also be made that wouldn’t drastically impact the game that would also be great.

Unlimited pindle portal
Unlimited cow king

5 Likes

Oh, okay, I guess im less of a puritan than I’ve been letting myself believe…

Unlimited cows and pindle is also a no brainer for me. There’s no reason to limit those.

Cow runs were one of my favorite things back in the day. One file I killed the king… Total sadness.

I want cows for days, weeks, months even.
(Can’t belive i just made a snagglepuss reference. How long has that been off the air?? God im getting old.)

9 Likes

Show support here for cow level! Unlimited mooooo.

2 Likes

You’ve voiced your opinion on cows two posts up…

Spreading your links on different threads to draw attention to them is considered spam. If people are interested in your thread/topic, people will go there on their own from the general discussion list. Please stop.

It’s called a dialog, and continuing the conversation. From the rules I’ve read and just re-read from this exact forum blue post, spam is something different, such as noting your first on a post.

If you’d like to copy and paste some forum rule that clearly says I cannot link a related post, I’d gladly stop. Until then, we live on.

Edit: I’m guessing you’re just kicking up some drama to further boost your post count, pushing over 1.1k in two weeks. Respect the hustle.

1 Like

I’m not trying to be mean, I’m trying help you avoid any trouble.

Well if modding is allowed then I see no reason for this thread to even exist because if something new is added you don’t like you can remove it with a mod.
if you just want new graphics and want shared storage off I am sure you can make it that way with a mod.

also, I would like to point out that they already said they were not going to so again why does this thread exist?

1 Like

Hey Axe, I agree with you. The auto gold and shared stash is great, but to change the game itself (besides improved graphics) would ruin the nostalgia.

9 Likes

Yeah, definitely don’t change the glorious interface of D2. It’s the best!

No, really, change the interface, add more shortcuts for skills, turn the stamina bar into a small stamina ring.

2 Likes

It’s barely playable now and will only get worse as operating systems and technology changes. Please stop saying “just go play the original”.

5 Likes

Man, this repeated statement is so silly. The entire point of D2R is to unearth Diablo II so we can actually enjoy it again with nice graphics. How do you guys continually ignore how important new graphics and network updates are in order to enjoy playing Diablo II?

But that argument somehow pales to this, which is absurdly repeated as well:

Bots are not Diablo II, Chibling. Poor Chibling.

Some changes could be OK, like unlimited cow king. This ridiculous argument of “Oh, so you’re OK with some changes, but you’re against other changes?! Hypocrite!!” is so small-minded and vapid, I’m honestly surprised to see it so much. Maybe I shouldn’t be, but I haven’t been on Blizzard forums before D2R.

But please, Blizzard, you’re incredible – Diablo II is a historical monument, and is such a special, unique gaming experience. Any change deeper than the very superficial will alter the spirit of the game which is the reason for its vitality.

Such a great post, Fracture! So worth reading, expresses the sentiment wonderfully.

9 Likes

Post count follows you across the Diablo forums. He joined the forum on:

• 17 March 2020. You joined on: 20 Feb 2021

This might be what he was trying to help you with from the Code of Conduct.

Creating Duplicate Threads

This category includes:

• Creating threads about existing topics
  • Creating a separate thread about an existing topic for further discussion in more than one forum

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

Cross Linking Threads

This category includes:

• Linking to threads from other forums
  • Creating threads with the sole purpose of linking another post

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums

“The needs of the many outway the needs of the few.”- Spock

Thanks you for sharing. Looks like I’m safe! Didn’t know that about cross-game forum post count.

I joined the forums to discuss D2R. I didn’t join D3 forums because I have nothing to try and contribute to a game that is end of life. Though I’ve played Diablo 3 off and on since launch.

Maybe if I did contribute it would be in a better state.

“If your friends tell you to jump off a cliff, will you do it?” -Paraphrased old home wisdom saying from somewhere. And it’s outweigh.

Furthermore, I believe Blizzard would be best served financially by offering a variety of gaming experiences across its impressive library - diversified portfolio, ya know? True variety in their library is healthy.

Historic Diablo II made playable with graphic and network updates, Diablo III, IV - that’s a healthy variety.

3 Likes

Absolutely I would, if its a tiny cliff or if it saves my life.

I concur with that statement.

Shared stash is tilting you? WHAAAT??! This is either troll, or you need to go back to your basement.