Does attack speed lower the ambo`s pride 1 second?

Hello there sanctuary keepers. Does attack speed lower the ambos pride 1 second? Ambo's pride reduces the rend damage time to 1 second, so im curious if attack speed reduces it even more.

Another question is, and i know this was asked countless times(but i still don`t really know), is about, ofc, damage reduction. Atm i have the following 50% red from wastes set, unity another 50%(but is that damage reduction or is it considered something else?), another 80% from band of might, aaand another 50% from berserker. I think that these reductions apply after armor and all resistances, right? So basically damage is first reduced by armor, then by resistances, then by damage reduction, right?
And a bonus question about it, where does the melee and range reduction fit?

Thank you for anyone that finds the time to answer!

edit: why, after all these years, don`t we have a damage dummy? Why?

Attack speed doesn’t affect Ambo’s Pride, just how often it applies Rend.

Damage reduction, like all the reductions (cooldown, resource cost, etc.) is multiplicative, so the order doesn’t matter. So 0.5 * 0.5 * 0.8 is the same as 0.5 * 0.8 * 0.5.

1 Like

ty timberwolf! funny coincidence my ingame nick is seriousWolf :slight_smile:
Is there any difference between damage reduction and “damage is split between the wearers…”?

As Timber says, the order doesn’t matter, but we always consider armor first as all characters has it, and then Resistance for specific elements applied.

All attacks from monsters have a couple of properties to them, they have an element (like fire), a range (like melee) and whether or not the monster is considered an elite. So if an attack hits you, all reductions that apply to that specific damage type will protect you and work in conjunction with everything else.

A weird thing about Ranged and Melee reduction is that the game only considers 1 out of 7 attacks to be affected by them, so your thoughness stat doesn’t increase that much from them, but they do have a huge impact. Ranged reduction on a ranged character can have a huge impact on your survivability.

The thing is, that whirlwind at 1 APS does 3 attacks per second. And while you can only stack 2 instances of Rend, the 3 attack does nothing.

More so Attack speed has no influence on timed attacks, so 1 second will always be 1 second.

So this means attack speed is completely irrelevant for Ambo’s Prides effectiveness