Do the consoles have that DH 4m damage bug?

I was looking at the real diablo players forum (aka pc) to see what its like for the players blizzard actually cares for and I saw many posts about the under a minute gr150 clears by demon hunters about some hungering arrow bug that does 4+ million base damage if the player is “lagging”, I’m at work in the office today so I have checked if thats true but that might explain why some of the playstation leader boards for DH have some crazy clear times (aside from the op crazy gear they have).

2 Likes

I don’t know but it’s frustrating that I can’t comment on that thread because console players don’t have a battlenet account. Anyway, I think the ones I looked at had Augustine’s Panacea in the cube. That increases the duration of chill for frost arrow by 200%. Could this be somehow making hungering arrow last forever? Just spitballing here.

Edit: console hacks are usually just OP equipment because saves are local. The exploit they are discussing is something else. It may still be a bug the console could exploit.

Hard to say given modded gear on DH has smashed the leaderboards with GR150 done in 3 secs…so if the PC exploit can be done on Console it matters not so much.

1 Like

I checked LB on Xbox and 2 days ago it looked like no one was using the exploit. The top clear was looking pretty normal. The top 10 were all Marauder and Impale, as expected. I haven’t been on yesterday, so things may have changed.

As I understand the issue in how to recreate the exploit it is PC specific and very hard to do on Console…involves network manipulation.

thats easy for me, i just have my wife stand in line of sight and boom flaky internet! hhahaha

3 Likes

no. The top LB times on PS4 are all due to modders and modded gear. They are ALL cheating.

not only local saves, but modders are injecting data into memory and abusing that…

This ^^^

it’s a very different story on ps4 where all of the LBs have been ruined by modder cheater scum.

you obviously haven’t used Optus Nick!

Exposure to detection with that… platform provider has to care though.

nah, it’s in memory, nothing you can do. There’s no evidence. Sony bans someone for it and it goes to court, they’ll be in deep you know what cos no evidence. Prosecution would have a field day.

Has been done before and will be done again.

I might have mentioned it before… Rhykker did a good vid that broadly covers the cat and mouse game … in that case a wow context, but the different type of issues and options / solutions have been around for a while. It doesn’t go into much or any of the detail from memory… a good thing imo. Ban waves are an elsewhere thing for D3 I suppose… maybe they need subs to fund those kind of ongoing efforts.

because it’s non detectable that’s why. Injecting into memory doesn’t leave evidence. Especially if syslogs are being manipulated (wiped) to the drive. Not hard to do, rootkits have existed for a long time now.

You’re quoting me talking about what detail Rhykker goes into. Check out the vid imo. What he goes into or doesnt is a matter for him.

If you want to disagree that I’ve seen it done, that’s your call. I dont need you to believe it.

Rhykker knows jack.

I have 15 years in IT. What’s your experience?

So you watched it and think its all incorrect?

I’ll pass on the pissing contest. Views expressed. Enough said… it gets it a point it’s not an interesting discussion or interesting reading for others imo.