DMO is a good starter set

DMO Frozen Orb is what I used to unlock T 16 on my 2nd account. Triumverate, Unstable Scepter, and the 6 piece Delsere’s Magnum Opus will get you going.

I’ll main Wizard again for sure. :grin:

I just drop slow time on a group of mobs and throw a few Frost Orbs, then move on. It’s a fun play style. The distance to the mobs is tricky, to get the double proc of the orb. Easy when you get it down.

2 Likes

It’s a good early season starter set, because it’s very quick to get up and rolling.

Gamble sources for Triumvirate, upgrade wands for Unstable Scepter (and Aether Walker if you’re lucky), and you’re off to the races. It’s also VERY forgiving for gear rolls, no need for CDR or other specialty stats. Helps for saving mats at the start of a season.

Once you get past the initial phase, it starts to slow down a bit though. Bubble mechanic really limits the set for farming…

But it’s excellent for getting started with the first couple hundred paragon. Much faster to get up and running than Firebird’s (stupidly slow early season rift clearer because you can’t clear trash and get wrecked because you have no toughness without an elite) or Vyr’s (too many required pieces, plus you need to roll lots of CDR on gear which hurts your mats early in the season). Can be a bit easier than Tal’s for starting out too, since you can run Wormhole for more mobility (really helps when you don’t have Aether Walker), has better toughness which can help before you have Karini and/or Blood Bracers. I prefer DMO up to about paragon 200, but definitely Tal’s past that point.

2 Likes

What is the free say for wiz in season 18? Is it DMO?

Yes. Haedrig’s gift for Wizard is Delsere’s Magnum Opus (DMO) for season 18. It’s a good start before switching to Vyr’s!

Yes finally a real starter set! Vyr’s is in no way “starter” and Firebirds is absolutely terrible so glad those season sets won’t be coming around for awhile. Course with the new crafted sets these other sets become bearable if nothing is ever done to em going forward.

I don’t like DMO starts; the set is clunky and offers nothing DPS wise in the 2 or 4 piece.

I pushed hard to have Legacy of Dreams as 100% drop rate from the first Diablo kill (or something) so LoN starts are always an option. No go.

Yah but besides Tal Rasha it’s really the only set where you just need a weapon and off-hand and you can get going, plus TR doesn’t get nearly as much DR albeit having some minor 2pc damage. Vyr’s needs weapon+offhand+belt+helm+ring. Firebirds is just bad, this season was terrible start till you got everything for Vyr’s ready.

Sure it’s clunky and not ideal, but till next season best we got. Yah or at least change the order and have LoD be the first gem that drops.