DMO feels clunky I think

Is that just me or is it common knowledge that DMO frozen orb feels kinda clunky to play?.

When you have the orb of infinite depth you want to cast Explosion as much as possible to keep up the massive damage reduction buff it gives you but you want to stay at range with frozen orb not just because it’s a ranged ability but also because of the explosion at the end which triggers twice and does a ton more damage. In addition to all of that you have to keep up the stacks of your signiture spell due to Triumvirate as well as always having slow time bubbles up.

All of this makes playing this build very clunky and you can never really feel at ease since the damage reduction buff last for only a couple of seconds so you’re always in a hurry to find the next enemy to use explosion on.

I think Explosion and Frozen Orb want nothing to do with each other. So first of all I wanted to ask if there is a version of this build that has teleport and can still push GRs? And second of all wouldn’t it be cool if either Explosion with the Orb of Infinite depth would have a wider radius of AoE? That way at least you wouldn’t have to stand so close to enemies. Or if that buff would last longer like 30 seconds or so.

Or maybe instead of the Unstable Scepter just adding another explosion at the end of Frozen Orb’s range ( and ofc the damage ) it could trigger the explosion twice while it travels. It would look cool as heck and now you don’t have such a small area of optimal damage to work with.

Or give shame of delsire an added buff to give Arcane Orb a 50% attack speed increase

Like don’t get me wrong I can understand why maybe some people like challenging builds and all but I really think this isn’t challenging but rather stressful and counter intuitive and that’s not quite as fun.

I dunno maybe I’m just whining about something that isn’t a problem but it would really be cool…

Just play it with Aether Walker. Wear whichever is best from your Aether Walker and Unstable Scepter) and cube the other. And wear Triumvirate obviously.

Run Halo of Karini (with Power of the Storm for cheaper teleports and orbs) for toughness. Having Ather Walker makes it easy to stay at range and keep Karini buff, Zei’s, and Power Hungry all up. And stay in that sweet spot to land your orb explosions.

It’s very AP-hungry build, so you’ll want APoC on your source, Power of the Storm rune, and then at least a couple RCR rolls. Topaz and helm and RCR on shoulders at a minimum.

Frozen Orb with Aether Walker is our best true ranged build.

People have pushed quite high with the variant. It’s highly mobile. And way more enjoyable in my opinion.

Well I run Shame of Delsire so the AP costs are no biggie it’s mainly the playstyle.

So how would this look like? Swap out OoID for Triumvirate and take Aether Walker in the cube? Welp gotta get a good Truimvirate first :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh and what else to take in the cube instead of Illusory Boots? As they are useless when you have teleport available

Pride’s Fall or Crown of the Primus are my go-to’s.

Yep, pretty much. If you have a good Aether Walker, it may be better to wear that and run Unstable Scepter in the cube though. Unless the legendary roll on your Unstable Scepter is close to 450. If you wear Aether Walker and run Unstable Scepter in the cube, you automatically get the max damage bonus.

Well gotta get a good Triumvirate first since it’s kinda hard to get a good one

At this point, they should allow DMO Twister to run the same way it does on console IMO.

I’m not aware is there is any different between PC and console Twister DMO?

Were you around when twisters were a thing back in S5/S6?

You used to be able to stack them on corners, they’d get stuck and do way more damage than if they randomly wandered around.

Devs decided they didn’t like that, so in 2.4.2 they patched it so that twisters would despawn if they stopped moving. Preventing you from stacking them to boost effective DPS.

Consoles never got that fix though. You can still stack twisters on corners on the console version.

I didn’t know that. It’s weird that PC and console are so different.

Yeah, it was meta on console until Vyr Chantodo came along