DMO 6p, Spec Blade, and Frag of Destiny interaction

• DMO 6p says that enemies that are affected by your Slow Time bubble take 12,500% weapon damage from Spec Blade and other spells.
  • Fragment of Destiny (FoD) says that signature spells attack 50% faster and do triple damage.

Since the DMO 6p augments the damage output of Spectral Blade shouldn’t FoD triple the 12,500% to 37,500%. I mean it would just make sense. If FoD only triples the base damage then that would render the bonus basically useless beyond leveling to 70. As of right now, T-16 mobs only feel a soothing massage when Spectral Blade is applied to them.

While on the subject, shouldn’t DMO buff all of the signature spells/runes, and get its 6p bonus buffed to 20,000-24,000 (and get tripled by FoD)? Why exclude Electrocute? Would it make sense to also add some supporting legendaries for Wave of Force, and get rid of the jump animation? I miss the old Etched Sigil before it got wrecked. One could channel and get a WoF proc. without the jump animation.

What are your thoughts?

• Script Formula 2: 3
    Primary Multiplier

https://www.d3planner.com/game/76761/powers/P610_ItemPassive_Unique_Ring_005

Havent touched DMO for long time, no idea how it plays now. But D3P data says Primary multiplier by 3. D3P also shows its a 200% or 3x multiplier

FoD affects all primaries with it’s damage increase. If you are not running a Hydra build, you can ignore the spectral blade text.

1 Like

It does. both DMO and FoD are separate multipliers on Spectral Blade (and Magic Missile and Shock Pulse) damage. At least last I checked anyway. I can test it again tonight. Why do you think it doesn’t work?

That’s because Spectral Blade lacks any other multipliers. It just gets 2.25x attack speed (Shame of Delsere and FoD) and 200% damage from Fragment of Destiny = 2.25*3 = 6.75x damage excluding sets/LoD. Compare to Arcane Orb, which has higher base damage and then also gets 1200% from Triumvirate, 450% and double explosions from Unstable Scepter, and 350% and a chance for Orbs on cast from Wizardspike. That’s 13*5.5*4.5 = 321.75x damage without factoring in the double explosions, the extra orbs from Wizardspike, or the higher base damage from Arcane Orb (particularly the Frozen Orb rune). And Arcane Orb works with all the same sets that Spectral Blade does. Same thing for Twisters. Is it any wonder that Spectral Blade is far weaker?

The DMO and FoD multipliers work fine. It’s just that they aren’t enough to make a pure blades build strong enough.

That’s a tricky one, because it would also buff DMO twisters. DMO at 24000% would mean DMO twisters would be extremely strong. And it would make Tal’s basically completely useless (as opposed to the mostly useless it is now). Tal’s at 8000% it at least sort of in the same ballpark as DMO. Tal’s is weaker, but at least it sort of still has a bit of value. If DMO was 24000%, Tal’s would be left in the dust.

Probably better to buff blades and other primaries by adding additional primary-specific multipliers on items (a bigger multiplier on FoD, extra items with multipliers, e.g. slap some multipliers on Mirrorball/Myken’s/Velvet Camaral, add or rework something for Blades/Shock Pulse etc.) instead of buffing the set itself.

2 Likes

Some quick damage testing on an Old Ruins zombie with a low damage range weapon (to reduce variance between hits).

Non-crit Crit
none 46.2k 138k
FoD only 139k 414k
DMO only 5830k 17.4m
FoD + DMO 17.5m 52.1m

FoD only / none = ~3x
FOD + DMO / DMO only = ~3x

DMO only / none = ~126x
FoD + DMO / FoD only = ~126x

FoD + DMO / none = ~378x (i.e. 3*126)

Both multipliers are working correctly on Spectral Blade damage, both on their own and then multiplicatively together when combined.

There’s no issue here, other than Spectral Blade not having enough multipliers. The existing multipliers are working properly.

2 Likes

Thank you Tinne for the above. When I started thread I posted based on my experience, but did not get a chance to collect data for presentation. Thanks for confirming the tripling.