Disappointed with Tech Alpha

I think it looks very very nice…

And maybe you should think for what a Alpha is… if you recognize things which do not work properly (like delay in pots) or something similar you can report that here in a neutral manner or maybe they even collect such data in background because the alpha is online to collect data.
But moaning and crying about everything shows that Alpha was just wasted to you. Sorry

This point confuses me. You say you prefer the original game but the two actually play identically. You do know the default movement is walk and you need to turn on “run” right? You also mention potions taking a long time to refill in battle but rejuv potions fill up health instantly.

I’ve played into act 2 so far and am blown away by the look of the game. It’s pretty much perfect and better than I imagined a D2 remaster could ever look. 4k is so nice.

well ive seen it all now folks

4 Likes

The game looks great compared to the original. Haven’t tried the sorc yet, but no problems with the barb or zon.

It seems someone here didnt play the game for a long time. Gameplay is 100% the same. The only thing that has changed is that controller users have autopick on potions and scrolls, if im not wrong.

1 Like

While I think OP is trolling he does have one point: There is a little difference in how fast the pots fill up HP/mana pools in alpha compared to the OG. The actual HP and the HP shown are not 100% identical. I saw that MrLlamaSc addressed this issue as a bug, he was dying a few times from it

2 Likes

Good bye
If I could have participated in the alpha test, I would have left much better feedback than you are.

Very disappointed in how they handled this!

1 Like

I also got into the alpha and I strongly disagree with the op here. Game looks great by the time it releases it’ll be even better but they could leave it as it is now and it would be fine imo.

Its still in alpha be patient man it’ll be right on release.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s just not the game for you, I recommend trying out diablo 3, that sounds like a better fit for you.

2 Likes

it is the same game lol, you out of everyone got a key? perfect

1 Like

They didn’t rebalance skills at all, though you mentioned potions.

Watching Llama run a fire sorc, he had zero issues and in fact was 1-2 shooting most things

Remember, you can also switch back to legacy og D2 graphics so you can play the same og D2 with the QoL changes, etc.! :slight_smile:

1 Like

noticed this myself from my friend streaming, rejuves arn’t instant either, they’re REALLY FAST but not “instant”

1 Like

I wish I had the ability to check accounts, alas. I have no powers. I strongly suspect the OP is not being honest.

3 Likes

So u can’t play sorc. Few streamer kill duriel in 3 seconds with static.

Interesting. If there is a change in the rate at which potions refill health it must be fairly minor since I didn’t notice. Either way it’s a bizarre thing to write off a game in alpha over.

I can’t say I would mind less spammy potion use if this is somehow intended but I kind of doubt it is.

This is why I don’t care much for you Miss Cheetah.
So many times I have made posts in the past and you came in and called me a liar.

You don’t know what you are talking about in playing D2 or D3

You don’t spend much time playing, instead hanging around the forums.

SS of my character screen:
https://i.imgur.com/yOfyoQo.jpg

SS of my Ancients Pledge:
https://i.imgur.com/HtG65jw.jpg

SS of my Quest Menu:
https://i.imgur.com/zG3FxQO.jpg

My sorc is lvl 21, having made Durial kill with all 75+ resist.

I am wearing a Stealth Armor and Ancients Pledge Shield.

I got in the Tech Alpha on a different account that did not pre buy D2R.

1 Like

your fireball damage is incredibly low for that level. I think the other night, Kripp was doing Fireball and at around 20, he was doing nearly 400 damage a cast.

2 Likes

It’s all rng. I’m only lvl 21.

Also I’m showing one can have 75+ all rez at lvl 21.