Disappointed in the gameplay trailer

D4 looks exactly like D3 to me with just colour changes. Don’t believe me? Run your D3 windowed, go to your nVidia/AMD settings and change the colour scheme. They recycled D3 too much. Animations, models, movement - they all should be changed as well. They are too “cartoonish” too.

42 Likes

What do you want it to look like they changed the palette from the cartoon its not going to look like diablo 2 because they just took 3d models and made 2d sprites out of them back then which kinda gave it that stop motion look.

1 Like

D4 just doesn’t interest me. Was really hoping for a D2 remaster, but that looks unlikely now.

15 Likes

Ehh… some of it could be place holder animations, models etc etc. I used to do the same when modding games back in the day until I could go back and polish up the proper animations and textures.

I will reserve judgement until there is released product, then I intend to wait a year or so and monitor what kind of changes are made.

4 Likes

Exactly how I felt. It’s just a darker version of Diablo 3.

It looks “console friendly” - Just like D3 - Less customization and choices so it can be easy enough to be played with a controller.

Absolutely disappointing.

22 Likes

The POE trolls are stuck waiting on their own crappy expansion for their own crappy game so now they’re invading the Diablo forums for Christmas.

If you’re gonna troll, put some effort into it. Don’t try to convince us the sky is green.

50 Likes

Some people will complain about anything and everything…

66 Likes

Sure, probably true but does botting really matter int he end to your enjoyment? Honest here… does it?

If you look at D3 Classic compared to D3 now the current team did a GOOD job getting D3 into a decent shape from Jay Wilson’s version imho. Is it perfect? No, still deeply flawed but it was put into a better position by the current team in my opinion

We saw a lot more graphic content from the gameplay trailer and cinematic trailer than CCP would allow =p

End of 2021 should be the earliest expectation by anyone so now sure why I’d be sad/disappointed.

4 Likes

I’ve played Diablo in 1997. How about you? PoE’s animations are crap from a different reasons. Not trolling anything.

5 Likes

What’s wrong with the gameplay of Diablo 3 that it can’t be improved upon?

What more can you do with a Hack and Slash ARPG gameplay?

3 Likes

6 complainers with a total post count of what 25 between them??

“Ooh, I will create an account just to say I hate D4”…brilliant.

16 Likes

It’s a new forum.

On the old battle.net forum, I have complaint posts about D3 from 2012.

5 Likes

Europe hardcore season 1 wizard ladder. Check it. Yes, I’ve created the account to say crap about D4. -_-

4 Likes

But yet 100% garenteed you will all buy, play, love, and adore Diablo 4 for a long time coming, you just want something to hate and I’m glad I don’t know you personally.

24 Likes

D4 Looks Amazing man , Stop living in the past

25 Likes

Perhaps I do, just saying what I see NOW. Surely though, I will not pre-order anything without trying it first.

Yes. The characters still have the same unrealistic d3 movements, without progressive acceleration, they cast spells and move swords instantly.
Just like in pixar movies.
Same d3 animated character movements.
It’s like at traffic light, your car would starts at 50mps when the light turns green.

I’m not sure yet if it’s a good thing.

4 Likes

Just one thing I do not like, the high cooldown skills are back. Yuck.

11 Likes

is indeed a crap version of D3 , we will have botters and same s.it, don`t buy stuff from these moneygrabbers. Also this crap wont be out til 2022.

3 Likes

Some people just really want to hate D4 for seemingly no reason other than for the sake of it.

I’m not happy with a lot of things with Blizzard and the general direction with gaming either but at least I can give credit where it’s due.

19 Likes