Difficulty in levelling past GR 120

I play a Barbarian wearing "Legacy of Raekor and 2 pieces of “Captain Crimsons items”.
I modeled the set-up according to “Icy Veins”
I reached GR 120 three weeks ago but cannot get any further. Is it possible to go any higher in solo mode. I ask because the game has become extremely boring, it seems that my weapons have become feather dusters and my armor silk pajamas. Any advice would be appreciated.

Should be relatively easy to go at least to 140 if gearing and playing correctly.

One improvement area: I checked you profile and seems some of your items have totally wrong rolls. Better wear non-ancient ones with correct rolls if you don’t have good ancient ones yet. This affects at least 5 GR levels, if not 10. For example

• Bracers don’t have elemental dmg
  • Band of might has low legendary % and only one damage roll. It’s important to have legendary % close to maximum especially at lower paragon levels.
  • Compass rose has really bad rolls. No critical hit rolls
  • Amulet has only one good roll, should be easy to have one that has at least two good rolls (of critical hit %, critical hit dmg %, elemental dmg)

Then, it’s easy to play this build a little wrong in many ways. If you didn’t yet do it, check some GR 150 clears from youtube to see the playstyle. If you die often, don’t hesitate to put lots of paragon points to vitality while learning.

And related to current season. This build benefits quite a lot from the Altar potions feature / shrine effects. Make sure your follower wears the 10min shrine power gloves and drink a lot of potions (+ don’t die / this resets the shrine powers).

4 Likes

Use this not icy. You need to improve your jewelry, its bad.
You also need to get some better armor pieces with the correct rolls.
raekor solo will go into the 140’s, well geared and an experienced player.
I’m doing 137 with H90, all solo self found…

4 Likes

If your profile is correct, as others have said, you need better gear and/or rolls. Frankly, you doing 120 Grs is pretty good with the gear you have. A few upgrades on you items and you’re sure to go much higher. Hang in there.

Based on the current profile I see for the “oldguy” character:

-Weapons are fine but area damage would benefit you more than percent damage or damage to elites.
-Swap helm gem to diamond for more CDR
-Swap armor on shoulders to all resistance (if possible) or area damage
-Chest is fine
-Swap strength (your current rerolled stat) on gloves to crit damage
-Swap life per hit on bracers to physical damage
-Craft yourself a better ancient crimson belt with strength, vit, all res, percent life
-Pants are fine
-Boots are fine
-Band of might is ok but look for another ancient one that has crit chance + crit damage, or a way to reroll to that combo
-Get a neck with strength + double crit, or a way to reroll to that combo
-Your current compass rose is missing a socket, which is unacceptable, since a socket on jewelry is the #1 priority for all builds in the game.
-Given your terrible compass rose + traveler’s pledge combo, I would temporarily remove both pieces entirely and put in place socketed squirt’s necklace + convention of elements, until you get better jewelry for the “endless walk” set
-Swap depth diggers in cube for stone gauntlets. The CC immunity power from the S28 altar removes the slow effect from stone gauntlets, so it’s the superior defensive choice in the cube.
-I assume you have RORG in your jewelry cube slot, but your current profile shows empty

That’s the character sheet side of things. Swap zei’s legendary gem to esoteric alteration and put bane of stricken in place of whatever socketed ring will temporarily go in your compass rose slot. There is zero reason you need 3 DPS gems to push beyond GR 120 in S28.

There are also numerous things you may be doing wrong in how you play, such as fighting low density trash, fighting elites without trash, throwing boulders in the wrong direction (ie. not maximizing number of targets hit), standing in arcane beams/poison puddles/desecration, etc.

1 Like

I would goto youtube, search reakor season 28 build guide & get in the know. 120 should be a speed rift for you.

Maxroll.gg is a great site for D3 builds.

5 Likes

That’s an issue with the profiles, RORG never shows up there for some reason.

2 Likes