Died with two cheat deaths not activating

Did anyone experience that before? I had the Enchantress and the Monk passive cheat death and was about to kill a GR boss. All of a sudden I was dead without any of the two cheat deaths being activated. Is that a known bug or am I missing something?

Maybe one thing worth mentioning: I was wearing “Death’s Bargain”. However the cheat death had worked with the same equipment in a previous run.

1 Like

Either lag or you took damage that was more than your whole health / life points. Cheat death doesn’t necessarily mean invulnerable. Use these skills to run away, but in your case this was unavoidable. Much like the Barbarian who detests using Band of Might, it’s an OP way to get more Toughness.

1 Like

Thanks. I assume the rift I was in was a little too high for my char, so you could be right my HPs dropped just too quick. Ok I’ll go with that.

1 Like

yep i have died 3 times to the cheat deaths not activating. The enchantress will activate but my WD gets bypassed and i’m dead.

1 Like

If you don’t have much tough and you step into a gr 100 you will be ripped 10x times over with a one shot.
The death cheat only helps if you slightly go under 1% HP.

This is why your cheat death didn’t activate.
Actually it did activate but disappeared immediately when you ripped so deeply.
There were no bones even to stretch your dead skin over to re-animate.

2 Likes

you are wrong even though the followers may not protect you from heavy dmg the passive on WD should protect you from what ever dmg your taking. to go through followers cheat and AND your cheat death is broken.

I’m not wrong about the cheat death.

I used to only play WD till 8 or 10 seasons ago.

In early season if I stepped into a poison patch on the floor I’m instantly dead, but I was only lvl 200 to 300 and didn’t have enough tough.

But once I was lvl 700+ with full set and all needed gear with augs, then if I turned the corner in a dungeon and got a heavy shot from a mob, my cheat death proc’d and I had to run away to get HP back up.

I’ve never had a cheat death proc unless I was early season at low lvl without much tough.

Playing GoD DH, or WoL Monk or WW Barb my cheat deaths works perfectly on regular basis doing bounties.

Bounties are notorious for procing my cheat death.

So to explain, you are wrong. You said that if you were low level the cheat death won’t work and that pro is wrong. Because while getting power leveled putting on the chest death as soon as you get it will save you from random mobs on t6 running to you by mistake. Also if you jump into a to high of a rift. Heat dear will proc and allow you to get out. WD chest death passive is 100% immunity. 100%

One more time I’ll explain how it works for me.

Cheat Death works beautifully if the hit you take only goes slightly beyond your HP.

Try the cheat death amulet which guarantees a death will return you to life.

But, if you step into a large mob of elites and trash, and lag is upon you, you will be ripped in a second or two.

Any giant hit that drains your HP and keeps draining HP will eventually leave off where your Cheat Death passive has left you in the red. (All of this happens in a split second in game.)

This is what I’m talking about.

facepalm, not how it works on WD.

Please go back to making PC Challenge Rift video’s.

I don’t know what happened to that other streamer taking your gig over, but he’s stopped making the CR video’s!

You were the best one making those video’s…fire it back up!

1 Like