Die in hardcore with apparently no reason?

how is possible im die in hardcore with a friend on simple mobs or even without just goblins ? it’s not do any damage at all? Now is the 4 or 5 time and is happening alwais with him . I play monk or which doctor he play demon hunter last time i die was sometging fishing because im die on simple mobs t13 when the day before im killing some boss on the same difficulty alone.
Thanks for any help regarding this issue

1 Like

If it says “Slain by Unknown”, it could be a reflected projectile from your DH friend or his attacks are triggering a monster’s death animation close to where you are, such as poison or an exploding Fattie ring of death.

2 Likes

spinners and sand dwellers reflect missles, this is extremely well known. Your dh friend is literally killing you.

1 Like

Ok , so if it’s well known , i hope he don’t do that on purpose (real evil).
But, if he doesn’t know , how educate him or avoid this issue

Maybe link him to this thread? It sucks, I lost a really nice barb back in 2013 to
Sohkar. Just gotta learn from it and rebuild.

edit: here’s a thread from 4 yrs ago talking about this exact thing:

1 Like

Better yet, reflect damage look like red-orange fat round fireballs. They have a certain distance at which they die. Learn to recognize spinners, sand dwellers, and read the affixes above elites–when you see “reflects damage,” simply keep a good distance and/or dodge the reflected balls.

1 Like