Diablo2.io - The Community-driven Resource Website

Honestly this site is amazing and would much prefer using it to D2jsp. I still don’t think FG is inherently “cheating”, but I’d much rather trade items for items on their site. It looks extremely polished. Just needs a little layout work for readability.

The nostalgia is awesome, but should be toned down to make it easier to read. I don’t mind it but i can see how others, especially older people, would have trouble.

my exact thought when i found it on reddit lol.

4 Likes

Thanks a ton for the kind words!
There’s always room for improvements and we take all your feedback dead seriously.

4 Likes

This is absolutely fantastic.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! :blush:

2 Likes

Runeword search based upon what runes you have:
https://babelthuap.github.io/runewords/

D2 Phone App (Also Runeword Search):
-Apple: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/d2-helper/id1525002934
-Google: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.naterop.runes&hl=en_US&gl=US

…wait you CAN do this on your website also? lol jebus it really has everything! :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Yes, yes you can, good sir. :grin:

2 Likes

Not quite. That allows me to see what runewords exist using the combined set of runes. Instead, I would like to know what runewords can be made knowing I have a set of runes. So, if I were to select all runes up to and including Pul, I should get a lot of runewords as opposed to none. Also, FYI, the more runes you select, the slower your site becomes.

1 Like

“People” didn’t complain about it. I mentioned having difficulty reading it, which was due to how small it loaded on my screen and I went back and zoomed in which fixed it. However, the D2 font was tough on some people’s eyes for years.

It was simply a bit of constructive criticism because I want new websites to succeed :slight_smile: There are many websites out there that are established, so appearances matter.

1 Like

Oh sure never realized people had trouble reading that font. I can see that. I love it but yeah it’s not as legible as TNR or whatever

2 Likes

I don’t usually, but when I went to the site it was the equivalent of being in a size 11 font about 2 and a half feet away (measured with a printout lol). Not sure why it defaulted that small as surely it wasn’t designed that way. However, that could be 100% a personal issue too.

Buuuut, looking back over my posts… I did it again. All three read kind of “sassy” in a way. We need Zoom forums. I swear I get lost in text lol.

1 Like

Signed up for this a day or so ago after seeing it on reddit, gotta say looks good so far. I hope it’s a recourse widely adopted.

5 Likes

I see what you mean. Noted!
Gonna take this to the team.
Thanks for your feedback, Visualcode!

3 Likes

Same! This site already seems like a way better alternative to Arreat, D2jsp, Maxroll and this site. Their forum is also filled with WAY better quality posts too. Zero arguments about… well anything. All very helpful threads & guides. :smiley:

https://diablo2.io/forums/

5 Likes

Thanks for your feedback, UnluckyMan!
Forwarding this feedback to the Team :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Registered. Looks good to me so far! Will post any thoughts or feedback as I explore more.
I hope this takes off for D2R use and has a broad and active population to make it a meaningful alternative to sites like JSP, in leu of Blizz having their own, similar site of course.
But if this one takes off and is everything we need to trade efficiently, then I see no reason Blizz even needs one.

7 Likes

This is my hope as well. The site is so great and if it can actually take off on launch and get popular it can be a great catch-all hub to be at and ditch the main blizz forums, D2jsp & Arreat simultaneously.

Have you checked out the trade section? Once its functional on launch thats going to be so nice to use instead of D2jsp or even in-game trading. In-game trading was fun n all… but i MUCH prefer a system like the one built on here: Diablo2.io/trade

3 Likes

Yeah, while I don’t care for D2jsp, there needs to be something. I don’t have the patience to sit in a game trying to trade with some moron that doesn’t know what they want and thinks everything they have is worth a full set of runes lol.

3 Likes

Lmao EXACTLY. I also hated when i made a trade game and i would get 5-10 randos who would join and haggle me over whatever the trade was or just join to troll you. With a trading site like this you are only going to get legit offers and you wont have to waste hours in random games waiting for the right person to join, you can just routinely check your trades on their site whenever.

They also have a page for sales history, which will be huge for easily determining how much your items are worth or how much you need to trade for something.

4 Likes

Hey Stormlash, Did you guys have a timeline on when the trading will be fully operational? I know its undergoing testing currently, but how’s it going? Is it a glitchy mess or are we looking g2g for launch day? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Thank you very much, Revenant309.
We can’t wait to hear your feedback!

Cheers, mate.

2 Likes