Diablo IV Quarterly Update

I think you should present a clarify video on youtube or twitter or something… people hating on your ‘‘Diablo IV Quarterly Update—February 2020’’ Cannibal family video on youtube… thinking it’s a D4 Teaser trailer. just saying. get it underr controll.

and blog makers aren’t responsible for those people’s stupidity. Bad genetics is.

1 Like

Waffle, Blizzard doesn’t need to do anything on YouTube or Twitter. That’s why they have these forums.

Witty, are you being mean to someone?

that’s fair… Just saw some youtubers make negative videos without any context or doing any research.

There was a error I believe on IGN’s side where they labeled the video as teaser trailer… some YouTubers jumped on that trend to burn blizzard cause that gives them a lot of views and a lot of views = a lot of moneys. (* looks at heelsvsbabyface*)

1 Like

I mean this with all due respect, but that is why reading is so handy.

It’s really a lost art. I much prefer to read tips, a review or a blog.

Yea I responded to that video as clearly both IGN and heelvsbabyface didn’t do any research on the actual content.

The video in question is still very much an amateur demo reel. Stills with a simply pan back and forth camera with lousy fade out. Coming from Blizzard it feels unprofessional in a way.

To be fair i’d rather have them focus on the game rather then on displaying their progress in a professional way. (better game vs being satisfied now) I would be satisfied with screenshots only. This is not a hype post but a work in progress post. I think a lot of people are being very cynical at what they put out because they expected something more.

I don’t really thing a youtube video is required however I do like the moving visual eye candy they do within their post.

That’s what brings in the views though. Positivity won’t do it. So let’s bash.

I don’t think it was meant as a trailer or something to WOW you. The intent was to show off the new monster in a little more then a static image and probably what they had for them. (We don’t know if they had animation done.) Working with what they have it is actually quite impressive. And before you go off on me and say it sucks and i’m a shill or whatever, i do agree that if you expected a trailer or a hype reel for Diablo 4 then ofcourse you will be dissapointed seeing that. However i think its borderline dilusional if you expect cinematic level stuff for a monster family. I would much rather they spend time on the actual game then spend time WOW’ing you or whoever else wants flashy cinematics for every blog post. #endrant.

I’m not sure you know what a turnaround is? This has been a thing for a while. It is just meant to show off a product. Toy manufacturers do this a lot. The product is the new monster family. Turnarounds are frozen action shots where the camera turns around the scene showing off the different products(family members).

These, and thus, are ot meant as trailers, but rather exactly whatbit showed, a turnaround of a scene to show off something. Not unprofessional in the slightest, I see these all the time for stuff. Most recent was for the Transformers Earthrise set.