Diablo IV Quarterly Update - Q2 June 2020

They delayed 1 month. That was my point.

How Enchantment system is different from D3 macros?

They did not “delayed” anything, all updates were posted in each quarter as intended.

You will find out during the beta or the release of the game. It is not an example given in the blog, which allows you to say how it will work overall the Enchantment system.

Yes I dream of a hack and slash with class evolution and races with dark graphics.

I always thought a quarterly update was every 3 months. I stand corrected.

1 Like

June 25th to September 29th. 3 months and 4 days.

EDIT: WTF is June’s report having more activity than the one dating from 9 days ago???

Because it’s only the start of October. I must admit though i would have liked to have seen gameplay of the skill tree. Not just fireballs.

I suggest checking out Lost Ark - Mage is at @ 3 minute marker point

Its not Spammy like PoE
But magic like the Dragon feels impactful. Though she gets other masive spells like a Giant Foot Stomp

I eagerly await a NA release of this game. But have seen many endgame videos and it looks pretty spammy like all ARPGs.

:point_up_2:t2: :point_up_2:t2: :point_up_2:t2: :point_up_2:t2: :point_up_2:t2:

Some say D3 had too much color and looked cartoony. Bring on D4.

1 Like

I get a bit where the OP is coming from, and sure seeing a caster fling fireballs and such out of their staff would be nice to see, but after 5-10 minutes, that novelty would have worn off.

Good luck understanding a single word in it, or even managing to play it in the first place…

Matters how fluent you are in English.
They are releasing the game to Europe and U.S in 2021 through Partnership with Amazon Game Studios.

So what’s the opposite of Luck Ran out?
Luck is Overflowing in likelihood?
Lucky Overwhelming?
Infinite Luck?
Luck Strikes Back?

Anti-cooldown & ANti-crit seems to be a D2 cultists thing.

Not all skills should be spammable, not all skills should have cooldown. They serve different purposes. They can coexist.

Same with crit. D2 do have crit & crit chance, you just can’t spec them (they are fixed).

Crit (what we have today) wasn’t in D2 not because the team choose not to have them, but it was something that people added to games after D2.

Same with cooldown, it wasn’t a design choice as it wasn’t a norm in games of that era.

2 Likes

TBF, D3 is indeed/greatly responsible for the anti-crit cult tbh

Back at the start when I tried my Melee/Bazzoka build and extra AP/regen everyone was laughing me off for not doing the “crit or die trying” thing that was a “trend”. Paid 7M+ gold to get a wand with 25% AP faster regen and Meteor damage, and then a friend swapped it with a simple/stupid spear that bought for 300k that overperformed it

No ofense but crits from spells (especially spammable) is really a broken concept… I get it if you go “all in” but then there should be repercussions as well, turned out you just maximize crit with lifesteal and voila, you’re invincible

Yaay, look at me I’m a genius at a stupid/badly designed game

As for the rest I agree, that’s why I’m “pushing” for the concept of “mana return” (and lifesteal) potions as opposed to “mana potions” or generators (or insta heal), i.e. temporary generators (or survive) that are “economic” driven… Personally think the “downside” of power in that system should be “accompanied” by a whole system of consumables (potion of invis, potion of frenzy, potion of haste, cleansing potion), and even scrolls of blessings (for party effect) or rarer but still able to find (scrolls of curses)

Other things I’d encourage Blizz try are:

Rechargables
Phased spells

Rechargables are - kill mobs to recharge (no CD, no res cost, but say every 10 kills you gain it back)

Phased = you can spam the spell all you want but if you don’t use it for a certain time becomes stronger (up to a certain point), so let’s say a spell has 20 CD to fully regain power but you can still use with diminished effect/s:

Under 3s: 10% power,
Under 6s: 25% power,
Under 12s: 45% power
Under full CD: 66%

Think that’s a nice concept for “channelable” spells like, Cataclysm, Conduit, WotB, basically those things that “last” and are “channeled” could be phased… (except that in this particular example, conduit should no longer make you invulnerable)

1 Like

I hate this in PoE. Its basically useless against bosses with high HP pool that you can’t killed in 10 sec. Unless they spawn adds. But then it is bad design when we adds in evey boss just to be able for some skills/spells to work.

The flash recharge only works in PoE because mobs died so fast.

Once we crank up the difficulties & mobs no longer died fast, these recharge base skill will be completely useless.

Cooldown will still works. Simple mana consuming skills stiil works.

1 Like

Depends on the spawn IMO, let’s say the spawn is some very angry dude in your face most (if not all) the time, that adds extra tension at the boss fight (as opposed to raising a bunch of skellies tbh)… Say if Siegebreaker spawned Phasedemons (only a bit more destructive but less tanky), kinda like that

Other type of spawn might be a “support” that recharges the boss back in one way or another (say the boss has mana, lol, well the summon increases his/her mana back, or even stagger-decay)

Third type of spawn might be a kamikaze but not too many at a time of them… Another type that could also work is self-revivable (boss successfully dealing damage to you back with some of his/her stuff revives the thing back)

It comes down to implementation IMO, I get the idea yes, but isn’t THAT bad (I mean could also gain the ability back after 2 or 3 higher-tier fighters, don’t see why that wouldn’t work tbh)

The point being, we shouldn’t need to make a boss fight that always must spawn adds.

There should be boss fights without adds.

Also the issue isn’t just with boss, but also with higher difficulties mobs with high HP pool.

Skill that required kill is a bad idea. Items, gears that procs on kills by all means, as you can use them for speed runs.

Few gamers will spec to a skill where it is completely useless in high end pushing or boss fights.

1 Like

While this notion sounds reasonable, must admit I actually LIKE the idea of bosses having spawns… Makes the fight “less of a pattern of boss behavior tracking” and more about optimisation of space and skill-usage

Though I think the first works really damn good paired with smaller arenas and environment-hazards… So I guess there’s my answer: if not spawns make the arena hazardous to make the fight more dynamic like that :slight_smile: