Diablo IV Quarterly Update - Q2 June 2020

If we can extract the Legendary power and apply it on rares than no one will ever use them, so much waste of unique art, might as well remove them and replace them with scrolls.

End game items will be 1 mythic item and the rest all rares with Legendary essence on top of them, so we went from all Legendary to no one ever using them, i don’t want this.

There should be a drawback for using Rare items with Legendary power and as i pointed out in other posts Legendary items should have exceptional fixed values plus 2 or 3 random ones.

If no, then what is the point of using Legendary if Rare items can compete

2 Likes

I agree, worst thing to happen is to find a legendary item that is useless, but if they alow trading between players, then a good legendary that dont fit your build could be traded to one that you need or rerolled like in d3, having a costly reroll option in the game would be great in combination with trading if they dont lock it to account after rerolling.

This was my goal in an earlier post.
Do it the other way around. Extract the rare items affixes and apply them to a legendary. Then the unique art is not wasted. It will simply be a way to “reroll” affixes on your legendary item. But a much better way than the mystic and cube in D3.

If they merely can compete, then for some builds the legendary might be best, for others a “legendary-rare” might be best, and for some, a rare item might be best. That should be the goal tbh.

Hi guys, i'm responding with a question about running into other players in the open world. This could potentially blow open the doors for multiplayer truly giving the game a roleplaying experience. I've played games that threw in the same world mechanic and it's ALWAYS fun. 
      There is one thing i'm worried about though and that's players who are overgeared or overpowered and consequently ruining the experience of a "big" open world boss fight by one shotting or killing in a couple seconds.
      This is a big problem for me in diablo 3, where i mainly play solo due to the fact i don't want to just follow  one of the many speed demon players around a rift looting. i'd rather play at my own pace and get to play the game.
       Anyways thanks for reading, hope to hear from the fans and the devs about all your thoughts and opinions on this.
2 Likes

These quarterly updates are great! Keep them coming, please!

I loved all the information in the Q2 Update, especially the info on the hubs, blocking out levels, story telling advances, and social interaction. As an avid MMO player (esp. WoW since 2004) its nice to see Diablo flirting with the idea of adopting some MMO concepts without totally transitioning from the dungeon crawler into MMO genre.

That being said, even though I’m excited to see what the minimal open social world interactions are going to be like, I’d rather Blizzard just leave well enough alone here, for a lot of reasons - which I wont begin to get into.

Suffice it to say, if players wanted a more social experience from Diablo, they’d party up with a few buddies. I think if a player is going to get a Blizzard game, they know what they’re getting into with Diablo vs WoW, WC3/SC2, Overwatch, etc. They are readily available and offer their own unique experiences when it comes to social interaction.

In my opinion, when it comes to social interaction and Diablo IV - stick to the formula. It works and we all love it :+1:

I know this might be a bit late on Q2 update but I need to put this out there (among many things).

World bosses just aren’t the right idea. They are the same thing as Ubers but with a much poorer approach. The difference here is in the work leading up to this difficult fight.

On one hand you have a random spawn where you will encounter random players and spam down a huge boss and hopefully all get loot. On the other hand you have a series of challenging grinds, followed by a series of bosses, leading into even more difficult bosses. The latter choice requires you to put together a group and work toward one item (a single epic drop). The amount of effort required to do this is ten-fold more rewarding than running into a group of people who you spend 5-minutes together and part ways.

Compare this to the Anh Qiraj opening in WoW Classic. You have both factions working together to open the new content, on top of that, you have to choose one person to receive the Legendary mount. All of this requiring a series of mysterious quests and scavenger hunts (which are re-playable by others at a later point).

In the words of Ron Swanson, give us more of this.

depends on the actuall reward
maybe worldbosses are just a kinda fun activity and arent as rewarding as endgame key dungeons

Almost certain this will be the case. I can see them dropping more items, gold, mats, maybe have a bounty/weekly type quest tied to them. Mayne be tied to the story or just be neat lore Easter eggs.

They are more about showing a large scale threat that needs to be tackled by many people and pushing that social interaction. That’s it. I doubt they are something meant to be farmed. They will probably play more like WoW world bosses. Where you get loot or a big reward once then nothing or very little until the next week/cycle.

I don’t need to put in a boat load of effort to maybe get one drop. I’d rather they be fun encounters that don’t need to be farmed. Leave that to hundred or more dungeons and the keyed modifications.

Couldn’t the main borders of the map remain the same but the content in it being randomized? So towns are in the same places, mountains, seas… but quests spawn in different locations on that map, the environment changes sometimes there will be fallen enemy camps here, the other time there… etc. Just like with D2 for exemple but the outline won’t change. Climate and environment could also evolve, but I don’t know if you can call it static. Dongeons will be randomized i reckon.

Hopes for D4!

Build customization is almost non existent in d3. End game set for the season with the same end game skills and forced build. So many skills go completely unused because they’ll never have the same dps as others. I hope D4 incorporates items that don’t just boost an individual skill but an entire type IE primary cold or secondary fire etc… that way the same endgame type damage is possible across multiple skill types builds and item combinations and may vary slightly but not nearly as much as the one or two build type with the same sets as everyone else every season currently

I usually play a wizard/sorc build but every class has badass looking skills or you just like the mechanics of using it. But you can’t, but why? Why can’t I upgrade the damage of ray of frost or magic missile to do the same damage as LoD hydra builds? The point being any skill should be able to be upgraded to the same damage as any other allowing players to truly have unlimited class and build customization.

Also D2 pvp system was close to perfect just allow players to accept going hostile and if they accept let em duel… if they deny then they don’t duel… no special areas or ways to do this. How is this concept getting nuked?

And trading, please allow this to be a thing again.

I’ve loved this game since duping gold with potions in D1 and it’s come a long way but the cookie cutter gameplay and grinding out just a slightly better ancient version of something to go up a few more levels of GR is getting kinda lame

I hope Diablo 4 gets things right from day one, the basics are important and then go bananas with first expansion.

More clases, more customisation, more mechanics, maybe add 1 more skill tree to every class, the posibilities are endless.

But first they need to nail the fundation of the game, Diablo 3 has this problem even now with strict limited build choice.

It does not matter if you can use what ever skill you like if by the end game you are “forced” to use one build only to get further.

2 Likes

It just me or do Descriptions like “while Healthy” feel like a terrible design?

1 Like

I would rather swim in boiling water than even think about D4. Sorry, but it’s just like WoD was in WoW. The Devs didn’t care (and even said so in an interview) what we wanted, they just gave us a wonderful pile of crap and said, here you go. Now, they plan to do the same with the Diablo franchise. I am not going to pay for anything that doesn’t make me happy or give me pleasure. It’s sad when Blizzard tells me what I want and actually thinks I am listening to them. I had hopes for D4, but now, I could care less. Remember Immortal’s reveal? Remember them asking us " You have Phones, Don’t you?" Nothing has changed one little bit, it’s just you play MMORPGs, don’t you?

It’s not a MMORPG. And that’s an awful lot of words coming from somone who doesn’t want to think about the game.

Got some news for you, if every game was developed by the playerbase and based on what they want every game would be the Homer Simpson car of games. Devs need to have their own vision, aspects set in stone and aspects they can modify based on player feedback. We have already seen plenty of changes based on feedback already, and possibly more in the coming days.

But really the best part of your rant is you couldn’t even offer up what you didn’t care for, why, and possible changes. That is what proper feedback that can instill change looks like. But I expect never to hear from you again, because as you said, you’d rather swim in boiling water than think about D4, which is obviously not true given that you posted here.

3 Likes

When are you going to make a World of Diablocraft? Wow is kind of toony and childish. Give us a WOD

They don’t want another MMO since WoW is doing fine, they are not going to kill their own game, for me WOW is a walking simulator with fetch quests.

Hi all,

I think d4 could also be a great game, maybe not at the endgame, but it should allow us to play the campaign and a little further with a char/build, then start to thinking to another char/build and restart the game. Of course this works if the chars/builds offer a REAL different game experience (see point 1 hereafter). For the endgame, my fear is that all will be reduced again to the infinite stupid and repetitive farm.

I would try to give here some personal opinion in the hope that some good advice may arise.

1. I would like to see a real difference in playstyle between the chars and the builds. Let’s make some examples. In d3 ray of frost is exactly the same as disintegration, or ice spike and flame ones. The ice/burn effects doesn’t really change the game experience. I could make a lot of example also between different classes’s skills. Theoretically/visually different, but an the end of the fact the play experience is the same. I understand that is could be difficult tonnage a real differentiation, but maybe less skill, but more different each to other could be better.

2. I also would like to see real differences let me say in class deepness. I want to feel that I “really” am a druid, if I choose a druid. How? I don’t know :-)… maybe with real difference in playstyle and some other things. A barb could have some advantages in wide opened spaces (eg. a LITTLE more run speed), while a druid in “green” areas… or some quest could have different goals/ends with respect to the class… or only druids can use runes, and barbs use war paints and wizard scrolls… (oh guys… I like this!!). Runes, paints, scroll, should have real different mechanics and powers to augment the feeling of using different classes. Hey… I like that idea. It would differentiate a lot the classes!

I want anticipate the comment: I know that Diablo is not baldur’s gate, but some attention to class deepness should be a good thing.

1. Too many items/elites affixes cause the feeling that they are always the same. Example: during the grift, my feeling was to be bored by the same elites. I was asking to myself: how’s is possible that with 5 random affixes upon a lot they are always the same? The answer is that some affixes are predominant (eg. Juggernauts, arcane damage, cold impulse) that the others are in shadows and the elites seems always the same. Even if mathematically you have tons of different elites, in reality the feeling is that all juggernauts are… juggernauts (who care about the other affixes?). A similar thing with the items. A chest in d3 has he same affixes/stat as a boot. Make differentiation. If necessary, less affixes, but more different each to other.

2. The real problem, for me, in d3 is the stupid and punitive rgn. In D3 you are not rewarded if you play more or better, but only if you are lucky. I understand that the game is about he drops, but something is wrong behind the d3 system. Example: I just quit (again) d3. The reason is simple: I would like to try a new wizard build, but from June to September it was impossible to drop/craft the items. As think that I have 6-7 mule chars and a lot of items was already there. At the end, I conclude that the good strategy was to farm bounties material to reforge legendary until a lucky reforge. So (I that know the punitive rgn) calculated to need 6500 materials and 65000 souls (100 attempt for each gear piece) and started to farm materials…but the I was thinking: really!? I remembered about ultima where you had to send out your little men to farm materials lol… this is Diablo? And I lost interests… just for info ,before quit, I used all my materials see if it was possible to reforge one (1!) decent t&t…(of course not). Something is wrong in drop and craft system.

3. infinite paragon is not a good idea. It is a system that rewards people without a real life. I the past, I quit d3 because it was clear that without forget my life it was not possible to go further. I want to play but not die near Diablo. There must be a last level. When with a char you have no more things to do or content to explore, it is the time to restart with a new character/buld. It is a matter of quality, not quantity. Give us more quality, class/build diversity, the reason to restart and explore the game in a different way. No infinite endgame/levels. This is also a matter of respect toward the players (don’t suppose that we have to loose our life for the endgame content). My humble opinion, of course.

So… I concluded. But I really like the runes/war paints/scrolls classes differentiation :-)))

2 Likes

Totally agree. Towns in PoE are a mess. It so bad I can’t even see my stash because of all the fiery wings and other ridiculous cosmetic gear other players are wearing. Please just give us an option to not see anyone else anywhere. A shared world is fine with me as long as I can choose if and when I want to see other people.

5 Likes

IMHO yes. It kills immersion for me to see other players with sometimes ridiculous names and cosmetics zooming around. And if there is no option to turn it off it is literally forced.

3 Likes