Diablo IV is selling on FOMO

Why be greedy when you can be extra greedy because your audience has collective amnesia?

I’ve lost count of the number of posts I’ve seen on these forums and elsewhere (e.g. youtube comments) amounting to “well I bet they will seriously disappoint me, but I’m preordering anyways.”

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

3 Likes

How is giving the first 1000 players to meet the requirements a reward “not a race”?

Greater in me, is the fear of “Buyer’s Remorse” .

2 Likes

We sure had that when we pre-ordered DIII. If anyone doubts, I have the wings that came with it.

If I had only known what this company was about, I would never have pulled the trigger on that. DII was where I spent most of my adult life. I foolishly expected their game design to get better. I won’t make that mistake again.

2 Likes

It appears that 95% of people have no idea what to do with their money. They don’t uphold and moral or ethical values; they spend it at Walmart, they live in the suburbs and commute to work in their $80k Ford 3500+ SuperDieselMax, they drive-thru Starsucks every day, and then finish off by crying when they get to the gas pump. They think their vote doesn’t matter, so they just act accordingly and spend like it doesn’t matter. Then they whine about their rental unit price for a dwelling that makes them miserable anyway.

The track record here for Blizzard is abysmal. They aren’t producing games for gamers, they are producing games to generate money. And ironically, most of that money isn’t reaching the actual software engineers and devs anyway.

Yup exactly. And I’ve said again and again, in a game where finding stuff is the entire point of the game, then selling cosmetics is a predatory practice and IS PAY TO WIN.

5 Likes

Yes, most people are dumb when it comes to money. They’ll complain about the cost of things and how they can’t afford the things they really need yet don’t hesitate to DoorDash every lunch.

I know a few couple like this. Both work full time but for some reason, are always broke.

There is a saying where I come from: “These people have more money than brains.”

“Why am I always so broke” when they eat out for every meal. Not that different from “Why do all games suck” when they shell out for every new title that comes their way, whether they like the game or not.

The correct saying for today’s gaming (and other industries) populace should be “these people have more credit than brains”.

Paying straight cash from a savings account for discretionary expenses is a small minority these days.

Thank you guys for this thread. The day is starting out good when your laughter disturbs the wife while she is in a meeting, but your laughter is so contagious that her coworkers are laughing. :rofl:

this ^^ and a lack of excitement. I did the let’s wait and see thing with D3 vanilla. By the time I declared in my mind that there were serious short comings with the game it was well beyond too late. I stuck with D3 and gave it time. It improved over the years but there is a list of issues/short coming, that is longer than a New York marathon, that will never be addressed. I don’t have the patience to ride that roller coaster again with D4.

2 Likes

Have literally never had a credit card. All of my expenses come directly from my account, or filtered through PayPal. As a result, I know exactly how much funding I have available at any point.

Just Curious, has it been mentioned, that if we don’t play on season 1 we don’t miss new content right?, like the pass for the season might have timed cosmetics, but nothing like exclusive weapons or gear or core content that is time gated.My understanding is anything like that is transferred to eternal realm after season over was my understanding.

1 Like

I mean…I may be making a mistake in how i am hearing the explanation of seasons, but apparently we need to finish the campaign to access seasons, which means if you want to play season 1, you need to buy the game between now and then right. So yeah,i don’t feel it is fomo, but i dont enjoy the roll out plan, game is $110 aud, for base game, so if i was to wait for a sale do i miss out? if yes then i can see this as privilege. No one is putting fomo in my mind, but i must pay a premium to access content on time.
Still a little unfair in my humble opinion.
I get it people blasting need content to play, just seems a touch unbalanced.

Yes, that is my current understanding as well. There may be quests that are Season specific to deal with the theme of that season. Say it is not-zombies, and there is a not-zombie themed quest line. That would only be in Seasons. The rest of the major content, patches, and items I THINK, will be in the Eternal Realm at some point.

The Battlepass that is Season only is cosmetic, so that is true that if people want those cosmetics they may feel the need to play Seasons. It won’t be anything that impacts game performance though. It would be armor skins, mounts, mount armor, emotes, things like that.

2 Likes

Not me, it hasnt been deleted.

Everything i post gets deleted here pretty fast. I think my last 7 posts, so im sure that’s a new record. Pretty obvious who’s modding this forum now that D4 is out. Deleting criticism will surely work out well for Diablo 4. I was right all along, the game is terrible, half the consumers are angry, the other half isnt involved enough to care, and Endgame is literally just GR’s. Early access carries over into seasons lol. I dont expect it to be long before “anchored in cosmetics” to truly show it’s literal accuracy.

Should have named the game Diablo Immortal:Resurrection

4 Likes

What, again? I wouldn’t have guessed that.

The last post I saw from you was of a guy who opened his mouth for 3 minutes to a teaser about another video game. What did you expect ?
Do you want to be complained about being censored?

And I’ll stop you right away, I don’t play D4 and I have things to blame D3 for.