⭐ DIABLO IV - Feedback Collection Thread

What they all are saying, is that Blizzard should scrap whatever they got going.

Boot up Diablo 2 multiplayer in the offices, and play through the game from lvl1-99, understand the systems that are in that game, and THEN go to back to the very initial drawing boards, with new understanding of the community and an even more important understanding of what the franchise should be in the future.

4 Likes

Yes, I like to pick up gold stacks. lmao

LEVELING

Finite levels with endgame becoming available before max level like Diablo II and PoE. Infinite levels are just endless grind and as various communities have shown are not really welcomed. In blizzards case look at AP grind. This applies only to power leveling, if this grind is for skins, mounts, pets or anything non-power related it’s more acceptable.

SKILLS & TALENTS

More complexity on both of these. More talents and some of them should be impactful – these should be located at or near the end of a talent branch. Also no easy re-alocation of points. Choices should have some meaning unlike Diablo III. You could offer a reset at every major patch/expansion/update.

Skills could have some choices every five or more lvls. This choice should be permanent and not easily changed. Items could be used for this and each could allow you to change only one of these choices. It should be tradeable

ITEMIZATION

Ancient items concept as a droppable items is not so good. Many have stated that before. Instead they could be augmented legendaries. Each season you introduce 2-3 per class and each can have more than one upgrade. Also it should be upgraded through a lore-friendly quest that tells us the story of said legendary. (I don’t know how much work is needed per item but it would be cool). This gives a character to each and every ancient legendary, it provides a personalization option for the character and it is not invalidates legendaries. Also it provides a way for you to focus on some items/builds each season as you said during the blizzcon. As a bonus fun(?) you could make the quest to upgrade for one option per item hidden and players must search for it. After the upgrade the ancient can not be re-crafted. For a different upgrade you must find a new one.
Rares should be viable. Not every legendary should outshine every rare for all stats.

Also add more complexity to items and stas. Simple generic attack and defense stat is not good. it’s boring.

More runewords / more complexity or start with jewels/gems and add runewords later when you have seen how we react and what builds we create. That way you can balance them better and introduce them smoother.

SOURCES OF POWER

First bring back stats like Diablo II or a similar system. Automatic leveling is sometimes good but clearly this community wants not to be bored when leveling. We want some of the complexity, power and mistakes that were made in D II. And not changeable skills and talents – at least not easily, as mentioned before either through some items or at the start of each major patch/expansion/ or something (but not league).

As more multiple power sources you could have different “leveling“ systems. Lets say you have normal levels and a bloodline level where you can awakend your nephelem, demonic or angelic blood with you – blood is the key as you have said :). Or you even can make mythic items like the artifact weapons in legion (but not able to choose all the updates – similar power tree).

KEYED DUNGEONS
If this strategizing is changing build then no. You should strategize by changing a few items. Using potions that increase resistances or something like that. Not changing character. Look at pen & paper rpgs about the preparation that players go through when entering dungeons. They buy stuff, equip different items and prepare different spells but they don’t throw their diviner because they want an evoker, or Forge cleric for a Light one (Domains) (D&D5e).

Also we see so many monsters in the world but never how they came to be there in the first place. There could be some portals around the world though which they come. These portals should not remain for a long time (15-25 mins) and should not be visible in the map before they are found. With their appearance the general area around them could have increased monster density and higher levels, that should be the only clue that player have about them, it is up to them to found it before the timer expires. But when they are found it becomes visible in the map, a world boss appears and if it defeated then the portal remains open for all players to enter. Of course this leads to some layer in hell. This area should be difficult, huge and chaotic. Also for further confusion you do not enter through a standard point but are randomly teleported inside the map (parties should go together). And for further fun this area is PVP area, with semi-world bosses, elites and extremely good loot. And you can play with the layer, it could be huge chaotic or maze-like, layered, different rooms or arenas, timed or even having constant damage done to you wherever you are. You can explore your sadistic side.

TLDR: Ancients should be upgraded legendaries accessible to all through a quest with multiple powers but you choose only one of them, more complexity, finite levels.

Why would they check out a video of an moron talking about playing on an illegal (not private) server. The guy sucks at the game and so needs his hand held with hacked features on an illegal server. They should only be listening to legit D1, D2 and D3 players.

1 Like

what did you say about llama senpai? O: !!!
he is super eloquent! xD <3

why would we shift Diablo to a MMO focused ARPG and turn it into a wow function…World Bosses are a travesty IMO, Diablo has always been a single player driven game that people could fully enjoy solo, with that being said the multiplayer aspect was good and fun, but shouldn’t be required to take down any boss or dungeon. i have played each of the diablo game in the franchise and have liked/disliked some aspects from each of them. the most recent diablo 3 issue caused everyone to go away see the auction house( that was fixed) but to change the game style entirely into a mmo is ridiculous.

1 Like

My feedback is just one. Please remove the need to party to fight world bosses. This is not a MMO. I want to be able to play solo and get all the loots I want and Kill world bosses as well whenever I can, I don’t wanna be FORCED TO PARTY to kill a world boss.

One thing I’ve noticed from the community and the developers: No one’s talking about the day/night cycles…
How long are they each?
A lot of neat things can be done with this.
Different mob types in dungeons based on time of day.
Lighting can be and should be reduced in dungeons at night.
Item drops can be dependent of time of day - The Witching Hour, if it’s brought back, could only drop at night, after all it is The Witching Hour.
This feature could be and should be leveraged by the developers!

1 Like

There were a few ideas about having more and more dangerous enemies at night, maybe different types too. In an mmo named Requiem, they have a nightmare time (at night ofc) in which powerful monsters come out during that time, then you have nightmare zones with ethernal darnkess.

Also have night time events, like attacks to towns: some could be lead by world bosses too. After could have an event to re-build the town.

Weather should be also important, and need to have an impact on the type of mobs and events. For example, the drowned family could show up near the coast but also when it rain.

It would be also interesting to know if they count the days too: something could happen if x days pass.

Also, if you go deep into the dungeon, it should be a light reduction too (if it is close doors or inside a forest or somethng like that).

2 Likes

I think i am not the only one disappointed with the current “runeword” plan system which could be theoritically just be swapped with other socketing items like gems.
The combination of runes dont even display a name, just a combination of runes.

Yes, currently it appears underwhelming, but that may be intentional to keep power creep and balance in check.
Remains to be seem how this evolves over time, it’s certainly not D2 but it might end up ok anyway.

TBH that’s BETTER… It’s MUCH BETTER than having whatever D2 was, the only “upside” from D2 runewords were:

1. Making white items relevant
  2. Fanboyism

Let’s be honest, what exactly/interesting did D2 runewords used to give ?, +2 to all skills, +30% to all res, +X to all stats, X% for crushing blow or whatever. If It were up to me I’d give those things to only complete sets tbh, like, only Set items should’ve had THAT MUCH Impact in power

Still, the MAIN problem (IMO) with D2 runewords was: ALL PASSIVE BONUSES, that’s it… NOTHING that would change, or impact, or even define a playstyle

I’d simply like to see them go the full distance with the new system, at least give it a try before the avalanche of “disappointed” ones “flood” reddit, the forum/s, and sites alike

I disagree mate… regarding endgame, runes were mostly HARD to get crafting materials that could either:

1. be normally socketed with a strong affix to a single item

2. be regarded as currency therefore they had a price on the trade/market of the game

3. craft from early, mid to end game tier items (“runewords”)

Yes and no.
Lets go back to the mechanics of Diablo 2…
Since spells increased damage through levels and no items, you were not bound to gear giving stats unlike in D3 to increase your spell damage, until a max of 20 levels.

Many runewords gave new skills on equip, like Chaos runeword for example gave you whirlwind Barb spell on claws for an assassin.
Dragon gave holy fire aura on equip.
Infinity gave Conviction (enemy defense and resistance debuff nullifying immunities).
Beast gave fanactism aura (attack damage/speedbuff for yourself and allies) and the ability to transform into a Bear AND Wolf like a druid which would benefit to Wolfhowl unique helm for a barbarian

However, the + skill levels affixes COULD override the 20 max on the skilltree level/spell levels granted by items to increase in effect or damage (with effect i mean for example battle order duration/extra life mana or holy shield extra defense and duration).

This is even more interesting if you customize your character to obtain certain class spells through items, and you could increase THAT class spell with + to all skills.
Still… this is far from everything.
Resistances were actually pretty important in D2 with a max cap of 75 in hell decreasing your resistances by -50 for each difficulty.

Through Anya quest you could increase permanently your res to +30, but you still get your resistances on -100 in hell difficulty.
Lets not forget that there were some elemental absorption items… or say some kind of redemption passive “slain monsters rest in peace” against a necromancer/nilathak.
What do you say about spirit sword/shield?
Ladder season only cheap runeword with + 2 to all your skills, 55% faster hit recovery and 25-35% faster cast rate.
This item was a huge item for any caster class from early to late builds to increase your breakpoints to beat the game through nightmare or Hell.

1.10 sets were certainly pretty good, immortal king armor was was worth something for some time same as tal rashas armor.

Trang oul set transformed you into a vampire being able to use fire spells, how cool is that? (the only downside was the cast rate/animation :frowning: it was way too slow).

Set items were pretty decent until endgame you could easily solo all bosses even Baal in Hell.

1 Like

I love d2 but runewords are too rigid.
There is no creativity with runewords in d2. Only the right “code” is useable (or OP item), every other combinations is not worth it. Runewords are only uniques and there is no creative combination to make.
The good thing about the d2 runeword system it gives a purpose to many quests and items: whites, greys, sockets and runequests.

I rather see d4’s innovation as an improvement, but it must be proved in practice. D2’s runewords could still exist in a different form though.

1 Like

Even if that’s the case, would you rather have something like:

System A

Equip Rune into item, combine with another and you get things like:

• Dodge creates a trail of ice behind you slowing things down…
  • 3 seconds after dodge a meteor drops at the new location
  • Projectiles deal X% more damage based on your movement speed and direction (negative bonus while moving backwards :P)

OR

• Build/Salvage things almost-forever, to have them 3, 4, 5, or 6 at a particular time, and when equipped after playing a month or so, the drop is there… And as a result Suddenly you have like 6 extra bonuses you normally wouldn’t have had

I’m personally ALL FOR the #1 stuff, it’s literally GAME-DEFINING, (or playstyle defining at least). The way it used to be was (IMO) a “rarity of farm consequence” with obviously a relatively massive power spike, but still, it’s more like a “status” than actual impact

Tbh, at the end of days guess either of the two would be a massive challenge/problem to properly balance things out but IMO (in general) it’s always more cool/exciting when you can press a button and alternate what it does instead of having a bunch of extra passive bonuses after grinding for a month…

I think something like what torchlight did with destroying an item to retrieve the socket or destroy the socketed item to be able to put a stronger socket is a solid system.
You sacrifice something to gain something.
This way say you created a runeword with like 3 hard to get runes and 3 common.
Say you wanna retrieve the runes for trade or craft another strong item, but out of the 6 runes you will randomly only retrieve 3.
This way you gamble to be able to build another or trade your current item(s).

I am not saying thats a bad system tbh i like the idea to trigger effects depending in your action, BUT…

Dont get me wrong, its almost an offense to the D2 playerbase to name & transform a simple mechanic/element such as “runewords” from a mechanic that is WAY wider with more depth that was beloved until this day from the whole community…

…thats why i suggested to use a different “condition” and “effect” socketing items, for say like example say… normal gems.
Initially normal gems were the only socket option with just a stat booster in D3 that mostly broke your characters build, so why not scrap that type of socket instead?
Theres also jewels as socket items, there so much to choose from, or even create a new kind of socket… just not take something iconic such as runes (“runewords”)for that condition and effect mechanic.

OK, I panicked a bit I guess… Kinda feared they’d forego and scrap the potential for the system they have in current development due to the type of feedback about the current implementation of “runewords” they could get

Either way hopefully they end up with a good “middleground” for the whole mechanic until the February update I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

very good :slight_smile: keep them answers coming

Everyone is universally excited that they’re getting back the D2 vibe. Not surprising. D2 was a better game.

3 Likes