⭐ DIABLO IV - Feedback Collection Thread

PARAGON POINTS, instead of given +5 and be ONLY provided by EXP grinding, Hide those points, behind below achievements, and give instead +10 armor, 100 life per hit, 1 Yard pick up radios, +5 life per hit, X recipe, Y banner, +1 Primary stat. etc etc

Exploration: Explore whole maps, find secrets, maps, jump from cliff and fall into secret areas. Locate all chapter 1 caves, Locate all chapter 2 pylons, locate all chapter 3 graves, located all chapter 4 demon altars.

Classes: Level up 3 chars to max, have 3x barbs, get all chars to max level etc.

Completion. Complete all quest of story mode with campaign with 3 stars ( like star craft).

PVP. Unlock additional paragon by being king of the hill, win 100 free for all PVP arenas, defeat 100 friends at least once each. tripple kill with less 100 HP in a public PVP arena.

Story: Find secrets tomes, read all books in sanctuary, Locate all horadrim corpses and their journals.

Monsters: find all rare monsters in act1, kill each boss act with out gear on char, in Hell difficulty.

CO-OP and SOLO achievements…

… and More, instead of just rewarding EXP farming, we could reward all achievements with paragon points, and make them exponential, if you just focus in achievements of 1 kind the next one is less rewarding or more difficult to get, so players have to actually engage in all activities to farm paragon effectively.

Also it could be random, so for me completing the achievement of finding all rare monsters gave 1% crit change, but for another person the same achievement instead gave 1% AS. BUT not completely random at the end game we just happen to unlock different values but at the end game both unlocked a total of 30% life-steal (in 30 achievements). 1000 Life per hit ( in 10 achievements) etc etc.

This is just a useless collection of random internet guys talking lengthy about why D4 should be D2 remastered with some POE thrown in. Wonder when “need to click to pickup gold” comes up.

4 Likes

Here is a video from Alkaizer on why Diablo 2’s itemization was so great.

If the D4 devs wanna create a great itemization system, they should definitely check that video out.

4 Likes

Here are my suggestions for D4 and provided the link below. Thanks guys.

Yet you want things like spammable potions, which is one of the most basic brute force tactics.

Death not having an experience penalty doesn’t lead to brute forcing anything. You can just have enemies replenish their health if they aren’t actively engaged by a player.

It sounds like you’re in the wrong genre, really. ARPGs aren’t about “brutal challenges.” That doesn’t describe any game in the Diablo series.

Things like making a theoretical level 99 hard to reach aren’t “brutal,” either, just tedious.

And personalized loot doesn’t have much to do with that. Personalized loot just means you find things your character can use, not that you find the best or most optimized items. I think you’re stuck in thinking of this in terms of D3 where they skyrocketed drop rates to compensate for the fact that items were 99% of your character’s powers… but there’s no reason to skyrocket drops in a game where that isn’t true.

Trading was gone long before Primal items hit the scene, anyway, so that’s not really relevant. Primals shouldn’t have been in the game in the first place, anyway.

There is no need for a secondary advancement system like Paragon to be infinite. You have your cause and effect reversed. It wasn’t infinite Paragon that led to infinite scaling. It was infinite scaling - IE GRs, power creep and added difficulties - that led to infinite Paragon.

Depends how it’s done… as I recall, one iteration of crafting in D3 had white item requirements, but it was annoying as hell to get that particular item. If they keep white items dropping throughout the process then it could be fine. I wouldn’t mind a lesser version of PoE’s crafting system where you take a white item and advance it through the stages to get a good customized rare.

I think we’re past the point where magic items - that is, blue items - need to be identified. This was fine in D1 where magic items were the top tier outside of the uniques, but this is no longer true.

Now, rare items… maybe. It depends what they do with it. I’m all for a system where rare items matter. To be honest, though, it doesn’t look like they’re going that route since they cut down the available item slots. I don’t agree with that; I want more item slots so we can mix and match and have room to customize some items outside of the sets/legendary items we’re wearing.

My guess is that scrolls are inventory hogs.

Why not? This goes all the way back to D1 with Griswold, Adria and Wirt having worthwhile items to buy. It made the vendors a part of the world, unlike in D3 where we ignore them because they don’t sell anything useful and we can’t use what they sell for crafting.

The good items cost a chunk of change, as well, which would be a good thing.

No, the world is just more annoying.

Look, if you want a game where you don’t ever know what’s coming and every new corner has a chance to scare the crap out of you, then you need to be playing the psychological and survival horror genre instead of RPGs.

I don’t think this is necessary or desirable. There’s no real reason for a Barbarian to be able to equip Wands, for instance… what you want defeats a lot of the purpose behind having multiple classes in the first place.

No, no, and no. I don’t want a flippin’ D2 clone.

I think you are wrong here. They increased the limit on paragon the first time way before GR’s. The reason was because a lot of people had maxed it out and had basically completed everything the game had to offer. So even if GR’s never existed, I think it extremely likely that some form of increasingly challenging content would have had to be have provided to keep the paragon system going, as it was designed. They didn’t arbitrarily decide to create power creep. They created it to sustain the paragon system, and the paragon system existed because they designed a shallow game.

The Paragon limit wasn’t increased until Reaper, and we were told that GRs was one of the features not released with Reaper but definitely planned. Lo and behind, GRs.

Besides, don’t you think it’s a bit silly to release much more complex features to support a feature that’s so boring? Reason says it was the other way around.

Further, it was a nearly impossible task to get Paragons high enough to go the main stat route until they started messing with experience gains… and they didn’t start to do THAT until Season 3.

• Make an offline mode

It’s the nature of these complex features and the fact that they include infinite progression that suggests to me that they were designed in such a way as to support paragon indefinitely.

If they simply intended on providing power creep independent of paragon, why did they modify experience gain in season 3 as you say once people began breaking the p800 threshold and again making paragon obsolete past that point.

It appears to me that they were using power creep as a cheap tool to allow paragon to continue providing an illusion of progression.

Neither do I, but looking to Diablo 2 for itemization and skill inspiration would be a net gain.

Unless you enjoy trashing 80% of legendaries and 100% of anything beneath that, making it pointless for them to drop after levelmax anyway.

1 Like

They modified it so as to allow people to get to that point quicker, thus being able to reach higher GR levels. But if there weren’t higher GR levels in the first place, then they would have had no reason to modify it. Thus they were able to use GR levels and power creep to substitute for actual content.

It’s not Paragon that was the illusion of progression. It was reaching new GR levels. That’s why they kept power creeping sets every so often - so players could reach higher GRs.

Yes they would because people would reach a point in gaining paragon that diminishing gains would make it obsolete. GR’s are an illusion of progression in of themselves but so to is paragon. I maintain that it is extremely unlikely they designed GR’s exclusive of the support of paragon. And everything they implemented was just a cover up for the simplified shallow garbage they produced at release.

These are excellent breakdowns that Blizzard should really take on board.

1 Like

It’s too soon and we’ve seen very little of the game.
I read opposite opinions and others in which almost everyone agrees, but that doesn’t mean it will work. For example, the D3’s AH, almost everyone thought it would be a good trading system, but in the end it became quite the opposite.

The starting point of D4 is very good, I like almost everything I’ve seen, but I’ll just say a couple of things;

• Diablo is about killing monsters to find loot and then push end game, not about farming XP to gain paragon levels and push GRs for moar xp and jewel levels.

• The current rune system can be perfectly replaced by gems and jewels, although everything can also be combined, this system does not necessarily exclude the old D2 system that artisan can always use.

1 Like

Amazing video about itemization

us.diablo3.com/en/blog/23232022

See at 6:30 for a amazing lesson. Finally Diablo is now a RPG again, lo longer barbie dressing game.

PS : Why i can’t put official Diablo links?

3 Likes

mr. llama is so daddy for diablo com. :3

this guy got some good points, as well

haha i agree with most of his sentiments as well. sure, he might not be the most eloquent but he mostly understands why he finds something fun.