⭐ DIABLO IV - Feedback Collection Thread

What? :smiley:
This is serious fanservice <3

1 Like

27:30 - my same feelings about D3

46:45 - exactly, the game needs tiny details in the game that in the end deliver the art of the game - such as elements of trap sounds before hand, with reactions, reflexes, riddles, different and interesting types of sounds of items dropping into the floor, interesting and memorable monster sounds and voices, different sounds of finishing and getting a unique reward for your character build on the leveling stages once you finish your quest for example.
Same with immersion about inventory tetris - relation of size of items.

55:20 - Tier of items to upgrade any kind of item (white,magic,rare,unique) to a higher tier of the same item/design with better base stats.

57:00 - items dropped identified - totally kills the excitement when you are watching that the item is unindentified but there are great chances of rolling a great item out of it and reading a for example funny name out of it instead of reading straight when dropped with a fix name on it. You can also trade unidentified items.

1:02:40 - no max levels for every skill - this build character identity

1:12:30 - totally agreed on removing crit multiplier and massive stat gain

1:13:30 - multiple Breakpoints, a very nice suggestion

1:15:00 - sacrifice affixes for breakpoints, or sacrifice breakpoints for affixes

1:26:45 - White/Grey socketable items as viable items - I really hope blizzard comes with a good plan on how to use white items as viable item instead of magic, rare or legendaries, be it through crafting or some similar way but not salvaging and using only as ingredient materials.
One solution would be increasing the number of different socket types and quantity of sockets and not just condition/effect runes as socketable items.

1:32:28 - memorable stories/moments - totally agree items in D3 seem dull and limited about what you can do with them once you get them, same with boss fights or quests.

7 Likes

I had a different idea and here it is (copy-pasted from the video :P)

1:27:00 -

think the way with white items is best tailored toward your own playing experience… Let them be levelable up to X affixes based upon your playstyle… They wouldn’t have anything outside of +x type of damage or +x to certain skill, BUT they’d probably get “adapted” best toward your own playstyle.

Say you physically kill 200 mobs of certain type and your white item gets a +75% damage to that type of monsters, say demons (or undead, or whatever else there would be), same could be done with castable spells… You killed 500 mobs with Firewall ? - congrats, your “white” item now gives you a +1 to Firewall

And yes, cap each white item to like 4-5 “slots” so most of the times people would get like “+4 to glacial spike, +75% damage to demons”, or if barb fighting melee more often the “latest affixes” of a white item could be like +75% to demons, +150% damage to undead, +1 to upheaval And so on and so forth

There would be a “tree” of which would be “more likely” to level up first, but yes, make white items “level up” based upon your own playstyle… At the end (after completing all the 4 or 5 or whatever “dynamic affixes” you could level) you’d get an item that’s certainly NOT the best, doesn’t give ANY stats outside of what you “earned” but what you earned kinda would still matter overall

2 Likes

I like the idea but not the values I’m one for trying to keep the numbers as low as possible on release to stop as much power creep as we can.
I know what I put here is nothing without context but if a base skill is doing say 15-25 damage as you level it instead of adding + % maybe just a +5 or lower per level to what ever that skill level max is, and if we are going to keep adding above the max level the it’s +4, +3, +2, +1, +.5 and lastly +.25 so we dont get number bloat.
So after 10 level ups for the item it nets you a total of +16.5 damage to the 15-25 base of that skill.
This still gives you a reason to keep using that item.
And we replace Item with the correct weapon type or what ever that makes seance, Gloves if its adding to attack/cast speed and so on.
It maybe to high even with my thinking, if its added to too many items that are buffing the same skill somehow.
I’m no Math Wizard.

1 Like

thats sounds kinda like the badass point system from borderlands :smiley:
its a good idea for endgame system

1 Like

Here is my take on a crafting system for D4 as well as how I think its implementation can help D2 and D3 fans find common ground and move forward.

1 Like

Diablo 4 Runewords Why not have it all and more

I gotta say i like the new rune system, adding more customization options, so that i can spend hours planing what my build would benefit from totally forgetting to lvl up, yaa that’s the kind off nerd i am xD

But why stop there…
why not implement D2 Rune Words to Grey Items
why not keep it simple to use and integrate but complex to master…

Why not let Each Effect Rune have 2 or 3 effects
Example: If conditions are meet within x seconds
1 Condition meet :: Effect
2 Condition meet :: Boost
3 Condition meet :: Special Effect

And Increase the number of Sockets to 6 on some items, the would add more customization playing with multiple Runes Condition and Effect Runes. like 5 Condition Runes to proc 1 effect rune ALOT xD or 1 condition rune to proc 5 Effect Runes… and for balancing you could very the amount of sockets

Example::

Grey Items
Max Sockets :: 6
Runeword:: Yes special order of runes, creates Runeword like in D2

Blue Items
Max Sockets :: 6
Runeword:: No

Yellow Items (maybe Green)
Max Sockets :: 4

Orange Items (maybe Green)
Max Sockets :: 2

This will also add to the Balancing between the item types making a prefect stats Rolled Blue Items, with high lvl Runes As good or better then Orange Items with mid stats, Making many many more early end game options…
It will also open up for more Item Abilities and more,
Potions that count as 1 condition meet.
Runatic : Doubles the Effect of runes sockets
ect
ect

what do you guys think is it way off…

If not start listing different ideas to Condition and effect runes… and how we could scale each effect on 1 rune… Example:: 3 conditions meet :: special effect: changes dodge to 10 – 15 yard Teleport for 60 sec. (speed build) :stuck_out_tongue:

Numbers were catered toward late game i.e. max level, earlier on those numbers would be quite lower, not too much but still, quite a bit lower

The level cap per white item would ALSO drop down at lower levels, from 2 to 3 to 4 to 5… Think of “D2” class progression type of an item, from Club to Cudgel to War club, or from Eagle orb Crystalline orb to Cloudy orb (was it ?), point being - EACH type of item back in D2 had 3 “classes”, same could be done with these

The ONLY downside for this particular mechanic IMO is because it’s weapon-only (or maybe could work with an offhand too) but NO armor and NO jewelry… I mean don’t see how you’d have something like “get hit X times to gain X% resistance from certain type of monsters” lol

Oh, and no no no, the thing is the “leveling up” is CAPPED, at lower level items up to 2 (you could get +2 to a higher level skill if you use it, chances you might not even have such a thing “on the market” even at the time), then it goes to +3, then later +4, and finally and ultimately +5 at only max lvl items

Don’t think it’s THAT bad of an idea because I think it’s almost virtually impossible to find say 200 + 300 + 400 + 500 fallen and not a single thing hit +200 before that happens, OR say things like, sooner or later you’ll get challenged by higher class mob so you won’t be able to have the luxury to “choose” what you kill it with u know

Meaning - it’s STILL a mechanic you have HIGH amount of control of but NOT 100% to get what you looking at… IN ANY CASE, the “off affix” would still be something you use just as often

While that’s somewhat valid - certainly, D3 overused the concept - it’s kind of always been the case that caster-oriented classes use weapons as stat sticks.

all classes did that afaik

In most cases yes it’s weapon based, but I did add Gloves as they could do Cast/Attack speed and the like, others could be Chest Armour but this is where it gets hard to work unless being hit is kept as value. Then some type of resistance buff could be linked.

Also as they want us to plan for key dungeons this mob based bonus comes into play.
I know I am going to a key dungeon with mostly Khazra, Fallen, Lacuni or some other monster family, I think wait I have that bonus on a weapon at the time it’s only level 2 but after this dungeon i should get at least another level. I know it adds more inventory swapping but I think it could be a good one, and it also may mean that it’s one less BiS item to work for until something that is better all up.
These types of items are used as stepping stones as you build gear or as a different BiS but S in this case Situation.

Yes the numbers are only a base to build from if need be keep it simple only give +.25 damage on top of your base damage at each level, that’s for the Math Wizards to look in to and get the balance right.
To me adding % this and % that, before you know it we are in the +1000% range if its coming form to many places.
I don’t what to be walking around with everything dead when I look at it.

Capped, 5 levels capped, so what’s that up to 75*5 = 375% damage ?, don’t think it’s THAT much of a bonus since any other item could simply have something like lightning+fire damage and nearly outmatch it

Plus, that’s only for a certain type of monsters, the one you played the most against… The +x to skill MIGHT be a concern if it goes the highest within time, but then again = chances a level or two might get “snatched” by killing a certain type of monsters quite a bit so it ends up something like +3 to X skill and +150% (only physical attacks lol) to X type of monsters… Also, things you could lose by not getting anything else:

Crit damage,
Crushing blow,
Lightning/Fire/Cold/Poison damage (though some of that could be added via socket if a quest exists for that)
Extra attack speed
Knockback
% Damage to Elites & Players (yes, that was an affix in D4 as well)

Like, there’s waayyy too much to choose from and you’d get basically NONE of that, instead you’ll have a highly-specified item that is “tailored” toward what you did, and frankly don’t think would be THAT good (i.e. bad) in the lategame that you’d have to stick to them cause dungeons would have special/extra affixes most of the time as well

Anything is better then built in tick boxes for power creep, in the +1000% of anything range, keep numbers low and the damage will improve as you level.
I don’t mobs to explode as I walk in to a room.

Concerning the video between Llama and Noxious. There are plenty of very important details to talk about
I think the two topics also matter:

Too frequent dopamine kicks that:

• are not story related and automatically come up
  • make the player lose interest since his intentions don’t impact the game
  • artificially keep the player playing on a short rewarding cycle
  • rewards the player for coming back to the game, breaking the consistency of the world. The game itself should be the reason to coming back to it.
  • Short dopamine kicks make every new kick unsatisfying unless the dose is increased, hence destroying the consistency of the world.
  • Joe Shely stated “One of our most important jobs is that when you get a new legendary or a new piece of gear, or you level up, that you always feel stronger”
    I think it’s a terrible statement. Loot generation should not adapt to the player. What makes a player satisfied is his/her capacity to judge any situation, and to take a decision. It’s the feeling that decision making improves the situation of his character, and not lines of code.

The believability of the world

• in the sense the world does not have to look impressive nor fantastic, but has to look believable in order to make it immersive. They keep saying “I don’t buy the world”, “it’s not just about darkness”, I agree and it’s not about graphics neither.
  • Size of items in the inventory
  • Weapons types
  • If the world is believable, the walkthrough is much more vivid experience, and there is no need for frequent dopamine kicks that ruin the game mechanics.
3 Likes

No to this BS… Yes I get it but also no, don’t make us “tetris” again… People overreact to “look and feel” without realizing D3 was a completely different game

In D3 you weren’t even “allowed” to be in the world, you were OVER IT (both physically and stat wise), you only fought “the best monsters” Hell would throw at you, not all of them

Also, you weren’t just stat-wise demi-god, but Physically ON TOP of 90% other things… No, don’t make this mistake, there are other ways to make game feel right don’t just add inconvenience for no reason, game realism could be achieved in different ways

One example - instead of being on top of bridges, be under them, instead of fighting archers on top of the bridge, fight them from under, if Barb then jump-slash… Instead of fighting on a platform up in the heavens could make the same fight in a colloseum-like environment… Make the game make you feel inferior to the environment (as opposed to superior/high-class), THAT is the main topic/thing I think people dislike from D3, NOT because it wasn’t “inefficient” in old/“inefficient” ways

That’s what many tend to not understand, D3 was not a sequel but a completely different game… People overreact when it comes to “look & feel” and never even realize the background of why things felt like they did hence suggest such ridiculous BS, I seriously hate that

1 Like

You seem to be really scared of Tetris :v
Bad experiences? :v

2 Likes

Even if I am, you gain MORE than you lose without it

You can simply make vertical different amount of spots by different types of items, without being slowed by BS, you still preserve the differences without making things inconvenient for no reason

I agree Olbat.
It feels like what they want to plan with D4 “forces” you to like whats in the game instead of you liking for yourself everything thats in the world for you to like.
The rewards for quests in D3 feel dull and repetitive, like who cares if you get gold/experience and a blue magic item that you will end up dropping or selling anyways?

And one of those aspects are in regard to player decision making.
There is just too many restrictions skill-wise and the system just does not allow you to customize your character stats and skill progression as you desire.
Items affixes seem too dull as well, repetitive and on every item same affixes.
There are no unique affixes making uniques particularly different.
Its like you said: “Oh wow here is a legendary item, so this legendary item is good and all other magic,rare and whites are worthless because its a legendary item, the strongest in the game right?”
I dont know if that philosophy is meant for the D4 developer team to introduce new and common players to the market as they did with D3 targeting simplicity instead of complexity, more possibilities and focusing that the player may think of strategies and builds on their own.
Diablo is a game for rather older people i dont understand why older people would enjoy simple and monotone push button and clicks instead of enhacing the RPG role to make the game more interesting and challenging.

Its no inconvenience for me :slight_smile:
Its simply part of this genre and I like it
Hell, in sacred there was horse gear
It was soooooo big xD
I just left it in the ground most of the time since noone uses horse combat

This problem is easy to solve

• low drop rates
  • bigger inventory
  • auto sort button
1 Like

So you say you like the inconvenience and require this ?

No ofense it’s BS… There was a separate thread for this whole mess, took like 300 posts, pls let’s not do that again

Thing is this - if you want to make it realistic, then plate armor should take 4 spots, shields should take 2 or 4 depending on width, weapons 2 (unless 2 hand then 4 vertical), everything else 1 spot (yes, clothing if freakin’ foldable)

But still, you’re quite hypocritical to ask the feature AND an “autosort” button in addition I’d say

1 Like