Diablo IV Announcement Discussion

We need Stats distribution by level, please! :slight_smile:
One more thing: How about bring back all Diablo franchise classes? :*

1 Like

I hope the devs are watching the feedbacks videos streamers and content creators have been putting out there! My favorite so far have to be the one Noxious did which was very well thought out and covered all of my biggest worries and also gave examples on how to fix them. I really encourage the devs and people in general to give it a watch.

3 Likes

Really great video ! I agree with everything Noxious said. Blizz must remove the infinite power scaling that create artificial endgame content and kill itemization.

He’s right when he says that Legendary that bring unique skill change should be more Generic rather then very specific. Like the staff in the demo that split Fireball into 3 lesser fireball that deal 50% of the initial damage. Why Fireball? If I want to have that effect on my Frozen Orb or on my meteor, why not? Instead of Fireball, why not just use Projectile? Because right now, you are giving yourself SO MUCH WORK just because you will have to create many legendaries for all the skills instead of more general Legendary effect. Then players will be able to create almost infinite build with all classes !

6 Likes

something i really miss from the old games is the music and the actual horror. I liked that diablo 1 was terrifying, in a realistic way, not cartoony, the music was disturbing at times, made you feel uncomfortable, and i miss this feeing a lot. I hope the dev team understands that going dark is not just the art style, is also making it feel horrific while you explore the areas/dungeons, kill demons and talk to the npcs. Its a demonic story about a world shrouded in evil. It should feel evil while you are playing.

3 Likes

Please be cross platform. Cross platform would be amazing with this game. D3 was on every console, it would be amazing to see the sequel connect every player across all platforms.

No more barriers!

1 Like

%100 agree.

Well articulated post.

Please change group size to 8. Diablo2 had 8 players. In diablo3 we had 7 people on discord all wanting to play together so there was always a group that felt like the short bus group which is terrible for games and friends.

Also learn from your diablo3 mistakes. When beta hits we need full game access not limited to the blizzcon demo from years before. You spent 8 months testing lvl 1-13 upto leoric only in diablo3 begging us to trust you that end game was great. then the game came out and you spent a year fixing it cause we all hated it.

Boss fight lock outs are dumb. This isnt wow being able to release and run back is part of what an ARPG is all about, no spells with long cool downs again this isnt wow where a boss fight can last 15 minutes

Right. Dodge and evade were passive skills… now u just hit space?

WHAT?
WHAT?
WHAT are you anxious about? …playing well with others?
Public or private, select friends or play solo, or play public with those you prefer and exit public mode when you feel uncomfortable, and remake it i.e. farm your new potential friends, or don’t.
What is this question getting at?
and how is it going to help the developers to develop a better game for you?
Play the game how you wish to play it!
Maybe do not ask the developers to design a game especially for you alone, let them focus maybe on keeping the game from BREAKING apart on the technical aspects that currently plague the existing game, like the game glitches that they have ignored for YEARS that with S18 splintered into abut a dozen different super annoying and game breaking details (which they completely ignored ALL SEASON long) that keep people from joining a game and inviting others to join, etc.

1 Like

Will this release on all platforms at once, or will the PC communtiy be the beta testers for a few years before it released on console. Or will it be made with console only in mind

Can we get some nudity please. If im slaying demons and covering myself in blood, there might as well be some sausage and tacos flying about.

4 Likes

Diablo 4 looks fantastic, very dark and exciting, but it would be great to see other classes added with trailers before its release…

I was hoping to offer a suggestion of Blizzard offering a cosmetic reward of a smaller, yet animated version of Lilith’s fleshy blood-veil cape as a reward for those who pre-order either the basic or deluxe edition of Diablo 4?

I believe that many more people would pre-order the games early on to obtain such a fantastic cosmetic item for their Diablo 3 characters, even if the pre-order was many, many months in advance of the games release! I know I would!

Also, I think it would be really great to have cosmetic headgear too which would sit in place of head armour, the cosmetic headgear could simply be aesthetic, with the regular head armour providing the stats etc, and would just sit visibly on-top, overriding the look of the headgear, kind of like a transmogrification.
This could be equipped via the wardrobe function, just like wings and pets etc.
And if this were done, it would be cool to have a piece of Diablo headgear to look like him, maybe with some endgame-type armour to match? And maybe even a Lilith headgear item with matching elite armour too?

This could be introduced via an update for Diablo 3, and also made available from day 1 in Diablo 4.

I would almost confirm Mac OS. Bliz has never supported linux with any IPs so far on the other hand.

1 Like

Possibly… by release. But, for now:

Rhykker – D4 Platforms and Controllers

https://sabercathost.com/qpVQ/D4_-_Platforms_and_Controllers.ogg

What a great job. Well done D4 team!
I’m truly impressed by the potential of this game. It is so early in development and it already looks great from all the panels and streams I saw. I know that it will change a lot till release but the direction is so good.
This game will be so good, can’t wait.

Nevalistis, I was wondering if you would ask any of the D4 developers if they would want to play some Diablo 2 with me. I played D2 and it’s expansion for at least a decade, and I would be happy to show them some things they might overlook, or things they should take into consideration while developing D4. I have played many games throughout my life, but I’ve never played one as much as D2. I would really enjoy donating my spare time to help this game become a masterpiece!! Cheers!

I really hope its not a console port this time around

1 Like

Hey there , there is so many thread or comment i didin’t read them all so i am sorry if the questions has been asked before !

I am really concerned by the RP and Custumisation , like the male and female choice !? If i want to make a male sorcer but i can’t because there is only female sorcer as a choice.

I think too that in 2019 with should get more personalisation for our character , to be more immersed into the game and be able to custumise our character to make them look like us , to feeel that we are IN the game , because so far as a MMORPG player i don’t feel the RP in D4 its more like D2.

Well i hope a DEV will see my questions/suggestions and we could get more custumisation option in the future and feel that WE are playing IN the game.

Thanks have a great day.

1 Like
2 Likes

Blizzard, this trade idea for you consideration. Players provide problems they foresee and I present possible solutions throughout the thread. Please listen closely why players don’t want my idea and look at how they react to me when I present solutions. Players want free trade because they want RMT like in D2 LoD. My idea completely eliminates any foreseeable exploitation of the trading and eliminates RMT.